Jets \ Eagles: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CotcheryifyouCan said:

dear baby jeebus let petty be ok. this is painful. hack looks so so far away from being even  competent. i know we are saying hes a rookie but he was a second rounder not a 5-7.  

That doesn't matter. A rookie is a rookie is a rookie. That should not have any impact on what you think of him

Green Bay drafted Aaron Rodgers in the first round and sat him

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A humble request to not destroy a game thread, even if the game is meaningless.

You got it T0mShane I apologize and respect your request

We fans have a football game to worry about tonight and cold beer 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That doesn't matter. A rookie is a rookie is a rookie. That should not have any impact on what you think of him

Green Bay drafted Aaron Rodgers in the first round and sat him

i understand that but rodgers never looked this bad. i mean by that logic so was kellen celemens. he was a rook drafted in the 2nd who sat. who blows

To me it is more about the principle. I'm a Yankees fan and we have rookie players up here and some of them are struggling. Yet we are patient with rookies. Jets fans should be the same way

The Yankees have won a championship or two. The Jets are going on 50 years and haven't made the playoffs in how long?

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

I remember seeing Carson Palmer in the pre season of his rookie year vs the Jets. He looked horrible. Its really not that important at this point.

No no no. You're supposed to discuss how you think he already sucks and who you wanted instead.

To me it is more about the principle. I'm a Yankees fan and we have rookie players up here and some of them are struggling. Yet we are patient with rookies. Jets fans should be the same way

I'd be more patient with Jets players if the franchise made steroid abuse a part of their organizational philosophy, like the Yankees do.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So it's you and not Hack that has the weak constitution.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's not fair what you are doing to him. He's going to hear the voices from people like you and lose confidence. You have to be encouraging

It's like when you take a clean sheet of paper and tell kids, "see that paper? That paper is Jimmy's self esteem." And then you tell the kids to crunch the paper up into a ball and then un-crunch it and try to get the wrinkles out, but they can't (obv) and then you tell the kids that picking on Jimmy is like wrinkling up that paper bc you can never get the mean words out of his self-esteem and then Jimmy grows up, gets a divorce, works in a job he hates and racks up over 100,000 posts on Jets message boards complaining endlessly about people who will never know his name haha and then you're at the bar down the street trying to pick up the bartender girl (who's a 4, at best, and has two kids by two different fathers, neither of whom she know the location of) and then you find out the bartender chick secretly refers to you as "the local rapist" because your version of appearing "smoldering" makes you look like you're plotting her murder.

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i understand that but rodgers never looked this bad. i mean by that logic so was kellen celemens. he was a rook drafted in the 2nd who sat. who blows

Actually, in the very few games he played in, yeah, Rodgers was this bad.  He almost got traded to the Raiders as a first round pick, without ever seeing a snap in meaningful games.

Archived