Gun to your head bet

Jetster

I read these boards everyday. I read about all of the reasons the Bills will win this game & I get it, this is the NFL and on any given Sunday ( in this case Thursday). But if I could strip away the SOJs attitude that pervades this board and forced you to make a gun to your head bet, a bet on your life, who are you picking on Thursday Night?

Jets come in pretty healthy, while the Bills have Watkins, the Jets counter with Marshall, Decker, an up & coming Enunwa and a young rookie in J.Marshall. The Jets Oline playing no doubt a top 3 Dline held up pretty well. The Bills Dline is extremely thin, with Marcel Darius (their best lineman suspended). 

The Jets Dline is getting back Sheldon Richardson who will be fresh as a daisy & add him to a Dline that had 7 sacks vs a team that had NEVER given up 7 sacks with their current Oline. 

Knowing that, the Bills will not have their starting LT (Cordy Glenn) out with a bad ankle & are replacing him with a guy that's a project with bad feet whose unable to slide to protect himself from good pass rushers. Bills fans are very worried about this situation. Sammy Watlins is very good, but he is no AJ Green! Plus it's fact he's playing tentative on a bad wheel. Tyrod Taylor is no Andy Dalton. 

The Jets last year did not have one RB that could catch a ball out of the backfield available vs the Bills. What is Rex Ryans bugaboo? Oh yea, keeping RBs from killing his defenses in the flat & out of the backfield in general. Forte & Powell both do things that Rex can't defend. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say Revis and of secondary won't play as poorly Thursday as they did on Sunday. I started this thread because of the negativity pervading this board & based on everything we know going into this game, I don't believe there is a Jet fan who if they had to bet $1000 of their own money would put it on the Bills. And that's the facts Jack.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the Jets lose Thurs. night.  They're the superior team in every aspect of the word and the Bills are completely depleted.  But, this isnt much different than last year.  The Jets were the better team going into each meeting and we all know the results. 

Unfortunately, Thurs night games have not been kind to road teams.  And Fitz vs. Ryan is a disaster.

Gun to head?

Jets because they're the superior team but would anyone be surprised if the Bills shut the Jets out?  

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the Jets lose Thurs. night.  They're the superior team in every aspect of the word and the Bills are completely depleted.  But, this isnt much different than last year.  The Jets were the better team going into each meeting and we all know the results. 

Unfortunately, Thurs night games have not been kind to road teams.  And Fitz vs. Ryan is a disaster.

Gun to head?

Jets because they're the superior team but would anyone be surprised if the Bills shut the Jets out?  

Thursday games are fluky. Lucky team wins, not best team.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They were better last week too. Still lost.

They looked better last week but were not the better team.  The Bengals are the better team...and they won.

In this case the Jets are the better team...Of course the better team doesn't always win - but the odds are in their favor.  The Jets should win this week.  By no means a guarantee but - Gun to my head - Jets win big.

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They looked better last week but were not the better team.  The Bengals are the better team...and they won.

In this case the Jets are the better team...Of course the better team doesn't always win - but the odds are in their favor.  The Jets should win this week.  By no means a guarantee but - Gun to my head - Jets win big.

I'm not having this argument. We outplayed them, we were better, we lost.

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Friday morning we wake up 0-2.  Why?  Because that POS will, like always, make the Jet game a Super Bowl for his team.

Not sure how many times he can go to that well...

I just think the Jets defense will dominate this week.  Honestly, I doubt Taylor makes it through the game.

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

Gun to head?

Except that we have "hot garbage" as our QB. 

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Friday morning we wake up 0-2.  Why?  Because that POS will, like always, make the Jet game a Super Bowl for his team.

When you said POS, I thought you were talking about Fitz. But when I read "Super Bowl", I knew it had nothing to do with Fitz whatsoever. 

Too close to call.  Jets are the better team, but Rex absolutely owns Fitz.  He shredded the Pats and Fins last season but couldn't do a thing vs. Buffalo.  Only way the Jets win is if they take shots deep down the field and force the Bills to change the way they play defense.  

Gun to my head, picking the Jets. I don't think we're contenders with our holes, but we still have one of the most talented rosters in the league. BUF is plagued by injuries. Easy win. But expect them to come back hard next season like JAX will this season.

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I just think the Jets defense will dominate this week.  Honestly, I doubt Taylor makes it through the game.

Like most long time Jet fans, I rarely have confidence that the team will win a given game.  I didn't even feel confident last time they played the Browns. Heh.

And there's the Jets' putrid record on Thursdays, and Ryan getting his team all psyched up, and problems in the Jets secondary that seem to have no easy answer.

But it says here the Jets win this time despite all that.  I have not followed this story line that closely, but I agree Ryan can't count on his bluster to continue to carry that team.  Jets are the better team, and they show it this week.

11 minutes ago, prime21 said:

It's all on Fitz shoulders, as it should be every week, as Rex's defense will be well prepared for a QB that can't throw down field.  

7 points for Buffalo last week. I'd say that's the most we should give up this week. 

2.5 sacks for Shelly and I'd say there's a good chance we see EJ at some point. 

Still not willing to bet anything of real value on it.

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  

But let's be real, that's the only thing Buffalo has going for them outside of Rex's overall dominance of Fitz.

Otherwise, this should be pretty damn close to a cake walk. 

Listen, I get what you and many are saying, but I predicted that we'd dominate the Bengals... and we did, at least in time of possession, and scoring opportunities, and we still found a way to let 2-3 plays dictate a loss. More specifically, a forfeited win. The Jets did everything last game I expected (except for Revis getting torched, I thought Skrine would be the one torched, either way, same result). 

Just like last year, Todd Bowles's team does everything they needed to to win, but cannot rise above the 2-3 mistakes they make. Every single game last year, except the beating we got from the Raiders, was punctuated by the same thing. 2-3 plays. A bungled play on specials, a key drop by Marshall, an interception on what should be the game-winning drive by Fitz.

You add those 2-3 mistakes to the other themes we've established—Fitz being "off" substantial stretches within the game + the defense being incapable of closing out a win by shutting down the opponent at the end of half/game—and you've got the recipe to be upset by any team, not matter how bad their situation or luck has been.

So, going forward, in order to remain emotionally measured for what this season could be... I'm not assuming any game is going to be a win, until it is a win.

There's just too much Jets in these Jets.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

But if I could....forced you to make a gun to your head bet, a bet on your life, who are you picking on Thursday Night?

Bills, no question.

Jets Pass D is dogsh*t (or looks like it'll be dogsh*t).

Fitz is bad against Rex, bad against the Bills.

Road Game in Buffalo.

End of story.

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Listen, I get what you and many are saying, but I predicted that we'd dominate the Bengals... and we did, at least in time of possession, and scoring opportunities, and we still found a way to let 2-3 plays dictate a loss. More specifically, a forfeited win. The Jets did everything last game I expected (except for Revis getting torched, I thought Skrine would be the one torched, either way, same result). 

Just like last year, Todd Bowles's team does everything they needed to to win, but cannot rise above the 2-3 mistakes they make. Every single game last year, except the beating we got from the Raiders, was punctuated by the same thing. 2-3 plays. A bungled play on specials, a key drop by Marshall, an interception on what should be the game-winning drive by Fitz.

You add those 2-3 mistakes to the other themes we've established—Fitz being "off" substantial stretches within the game + the defense being incapable of closing out a win by shutting down the opponent at the end of half/game—and you've got the recipe to be upset by any team, not matter how bad their situation or luck has been.

So, going forward, in order to remain emotionally measured for what this season could be... I'm not assuming any game is going to be a win, until it is a win.

There's just too much Jets in these Jets.

Look, I was asked gun to head, ok? 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I hope you're right.  But Rex just seems to have Fitz' number.  What's Fitz like 1-7 against Rex?

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

When you said POS, I thought you were talking about Fitz. But when I read "Super Bowl", I knew it had nothing to do with Fitz whatsoever. 

RLLOL.  

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I want to see us win just to see that FAT piece of $hit throw his headphones to the floor like he did when we blew the 2 AFC Championship games.

southpark, we win and I see Rex flipping out?  That makes my year, no matter our record.

Archived