I don't get how a 6 INT game by a QB can be accepted

ASH1962

I don't know guys, I am sitting here all day and now tonight watching 2nd year QB's and rookie QB's fillet defenses all over the league. NE had to play a 3rd stringer who did a good job managing Thursday's game enough to win it, and wondering how our conservative chicken $hit CS can and will continue to believe that the QB who threw 6 ints in 1 game today will take them to the playoffs and beyond. To digress, I would have pulled him today after those 2 ridiculous forces in the RZ. I mean realistically, who throws 6 picks in a game? Would Petty or even Geno Smith throw 6 INTs in 1 game? 6 ints in 1 NFL game by 1 QB is ridiculous and cannot be accepted.

I have serious concerns about our CS, I really do. Why not pull the QB after so much careless play for at least a series or two to get his $hit together? Then put him back in for a series and see if he wakes up? Same thing at halftime, they allowed 20+ seconds to tick away when they should have called TO and made KC punt. What, could we not have used a ST TD? It has been so long since we have had one, we have probably forgotten that we actually can score in ST and on D for that matter as well. This HC seems to either have a total lack of football sense & / or game awareness, clearly something is not right there. The whole league knows KC passes on first down a lot more than most teams. What do we do? Play the run on first down virtually every series and get repeatedly burned. Alex Smith throws the ball really quickly, did we scheme anything to help the DL get to him and knock him off his rhythm? No. How many 3rd downs did KC convert? Our HC has zero ability to be flexible and change things like maybe putting (the younger, faster) Darren Lee on Kelsey for example. Calvin Pryor cannot cover my grandmother, let alone a 6'5" 300# TE. They had Prior and David Harris covering the TE all game and never adjusted, nor did they stop the TE at all. The offensive game plan today was vanilla, boring, dull, typical dink and dunk 17 play 50 yard drive crappy Jet offensive football, the same as we have seen with the exception of last week for whatever reason. As down on the D as I am, they only gave up 10 points, more than enough to win most NFL games. Today's debacle was sponsored by the Offense and St's and the total lack and ability of this CS to change on the fly so to speak. Oh, not to mention they had 10 days to study KC and find their tendencies at which they failed miserably.

So the whole point of this is to say that I think it is time to give Bryce Petty a chance to play. As long as Fitzpatrick is not injured, he can always come into a game if Petty struggles too much, but I cannot see Petty being more careless and throwing 6 Ints in 1 game regardless. We have to find out what we have or do not have so we can spend the next 5 years 2-3-4 round pick on QB's, and draft more DL'men who cannot rush the passer in the first round.

Sorry guys, I cannot accept what I saw today from players and coaches making millions of dollars. I would take hundreds of thousands of dollars to do an equally $hitty job for a hell of a lot less money.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At some point today, Bowles needed to man up. He didn't. Fcuking moron for sticking with Fitz when it was painfully obvious Fitz was the problem. Calling him garbage may actually be an insult to garbage. I actually don't blame Fitz for tonight. It's who he is. He sh*ts the bed more often than not. Outside of 2-3 games, he has been along for the ride. Bowles is the one responsible for the 5th n then 6th int. You cut your damn losses at some point and make a Fcuking switch at QB. Hell, anyone but Fitz. Let the rookie have some reps if anything. 

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

At some point today, Bowles needed to man up. He didn't. Fcuking moron for sticking with Fitz when it was painfully obvious Fitz was the problem. Calling him garbage may actually be an insult to garbage. I actually don't blame Fitz for tonight. It's who he is. He sh*ts the bed more often than not. Outside of 2-3 games, he has been along for the ride. Bowles is the one responsible for the 5th n then 6th int. You cut your damn losses at some point and make a Fcuking switch at QB. Hell, anyone but Fitz. Let the rookie have some reps if anything. 

Bowles is VERY stubborn and wants veterans especially at QB. He will continue to trot Fitz out there even if he does the same thing next week,

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Let the rookie have some reps if anything. 

Christian Hackenberg is without a doubt, the worst quarterback currently on any 53 man roster in the league. His drawing of a paycheck for what he will contribute to the 2016 Jets is an absolute joke. Maybe he will be good one day (cough cough) but right now, he's two rungs below Geno Smith, that's how terrible he is. 

and the last time we saw Petty, his shoulder joint exploded in preseason. 

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Christian Hackenberg is without a doubt, the worst quarterback currently on any 53 man roster in the league.

I doubt that. In fact, he may not even be the worst on ours after the pounding we just witnessed.

His drawing of a paycheck for what he will contribute to the 2016 Jets is an absolute joke. Maybe he will be good one day (cough cough) but right now, he's two rungs below Geno Smith, that's how terrible he is. 

Yeah, twin rungs below Geno still doesn't mean he's worse than Fitz. 

He'd still been better out there on half a shoulder

You cant manage a game when your down.  The def cant get off the field in our 2 losses.  Look what den did to andy dalton sunday and look what we did against him.  Green had 200 yards recieving.

today, crappy alex smith was completing 70% of his passes and looked like joe montana out there.

you cant manage a game with this defense.  

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You cant manage a game when your down.  The def cant get off the field in our 2 losses.  Look what den did to andy dalton sunday and look what we did against him.  Green had 200 yards recieving.

today, crappy alex smith was completing 70% of his passes and looked like joe montana out there.

you cant manage a game with this defense.  

They gave up 10 points . They may have bended but they didn't blow this game overall .. 

Basically, the defense worked for the most part. They got scored on when the field was small and that's it.

I wanted Fitz pulled but I also get not changing QBs in a game that's still tight. I didn't love it but I get it. On the other hand Fitz has to feel like his job is on the line this week and Bowles should coach speak that Geno will be ready to go and will get to reps in practice.

We were in that game even late into the fourth. Fitz had so many opportunities and just kept on throwing it to the red team. There needs to be accountability. 

Crazy how many were deflections, 3? Difference to me from last week is he couldn't get good throwing lanes to step through the pocket.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Christian Hackenberg is without a doubt, the worst quarterback currently on any 53 man roster in the league. His drawing of a paycheck for what he will contribute to the 2016 Jets is an absolute joke. Maybe he will be good one day (cough cough) but right now, he's two rungs below Geno Smith, that's how terrible he is. 

But, but, but we took him over Brisset and Prescot, how is that possible??

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

But, but, but we took him over Brisset and Prescot, how is that possible??

I think it's wise to reserve judgment on the rookie until he actually takes an NFL regular season snap, no? Or should we just excoriate every OTHER QB on the roster because the starter sucks so bad?

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

They gave up 10 points . They may have bended but they didn't blow this game overall .. 

Meh. They did get a key sack early on that saved a likely FG attempt (or more, had KC converted the 1st), but while it was a clutch big play it also came at the end of a drive that was hard to watch. KC ate up the entire 1st quarter on a 12 minute drive that still only reached our 30 before the sack. 

Then after the first TD, their next FG drive was 13 minutes long. Then the drive to end the first half began at the 2 min warning with KC all the way back at their 16. They're not driving all the way down the field there against anyone. So they're getting credit for a drive from which the Jaguars would probably escape unharmed.

Those 2 long drives ate up roughly half the entire football game, and all but 5 minutes of the first half outright. It's what Reid, or any coach, with a game-manager QB and his best offensive playmaker injured, would love to do against a team with our RB/WR weapons: eat up clock with long drives that keep his defense off the field. 

When they did attack to open a drive throwing, on their 2nd drive of the 2nd half, they got down to our 5 in 2 plays before we got gifted a KC non-TD on a technicality. How the rule states we get possession there - as much as it gave us a momentum-changing chance we all enjoyed at the time - is beyond me. We didn't recover the fumble, we didn't even touch the football with a Jets fingertip before it went out of bounds in the EZ, yet we get the ball. It's a dumb rule and on defense we simply benefited from it. 

But to your point, even if we didn't get that ill-gotten non-scoring stance, it still would have been only 17 points the D surrendered. Hardly a thumping.

9 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I don't know guys, I am sitting here all day and now tonight watching 2nd year QB's and rookie QB's fillet defenses all over the league. NE had to play a 3rd stringer who did a good job managing Thursday's game enough to win it, and wondering how our conservative chicken $hit CS can and will continue to believe that the QB who threw 6 ints in 1 game today will take them to the playoffs and beyond. To digress, I would have pulled him today after those 2 ridiculous forces in the RZ. I mean realistically, who throws 6 picks in a game? Would Petty or even Geno Smith throw 6 INTs in 1 game? 6 ints in 1 NFL game by 1 QB is ridiculous and cannot be accepted.

I have serious concerns about our CS, I really do. Why not pull the QB after so much careless play for at least a series or two to get his $hit together? Then put him back in for a series and see if he wakes up? Same thing at halftime, they allowed 20+ seconds to tick away when they should have called TO and made KC punt. What, could we not have used a ST TD? It has been so long since we have had one, we have probably forgotten that we actually can score in ST and on D for that matter as well. This HC seems to either have a total lack of football sense & / or game awareness, clearly something is not right there. The whole league knows KC passes on first down a lot more than most teams. What do we do? Play the run on first down virtually every series and get repeatedly burned. Alex Smith throws the ball really quickly, did we scheme anything to help the DL get to him and knock him off his rhythm? No. How many 3rd downs did KC convert? Our HC has zero ability to be flexible and change things like maybe putting (the younger, faster) Darren Lee on Kelsey for example. Calvin Pryor cannot cover my grandmother, let alone a 6'5" 300# TE. They had Prior and David Harris covering the TE all game and never adjusted, nor did they stop the TE at all. The offensive game plan today was vanilla, boring, dull, typical dink and dunk 17 play 50 yard drive crappy Jet offensive football, the same as we have seen with the exception of last week for whatever reason. As down on the D as I am, they only gave up 10 points, more than enough to win most NFL games. Today's debacle was sponsored by the Offense and St's and the total lack and ability of this CS to change on the fly so to speak. Oh, not to mention they had 10 days to study KC and find their tendencies at which they failed miserably.

So the whole point of this is to say that I think it is time to give Bryce Petty a chance to play. As long as Fitzpatrick is not injured, he can always come into a game if Petty struggles too much, but I cannot see Petty being more careless and throwing 6 Ints in 1 game regardless. We have to find out what we have or do not have so we can spend the next 5 years 2-3-4 round pick on QB's, and draft more DL'men who cannot rush the passer in the first round.

Sorry guys, I cannot accept what I saw today from players and coaches making millions of dollars. I would take hundreds of thousands of dollars to do an equally $hitty job for a hell of a lot less money.

As great as Fitz was last week he was even worse this week. 

QB's are gonna throw int's I don't care how great the QB is they are gonna throw them. What you CANNOT DO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES is have them happen in the red zone and Ftiz did it not just once but TWICE, totally taking them out of them game and then turning it into a complete sh!tshow. 

I would have pulled Fitz after int #4 they were not getting back into the game after that. 

I don't understand how Decker was not targeted once the entire first half. Maybe they had double teams on him, I don't know. On the Defense I don't understand how you continue to play off the receivers and let Alex Smith dink and dunk his was down the field time after time after time. 

This entire day was sh!tshow from opening kickoff to final gun. 

Fitz had one of the worst games ever recorded in terms of A/YA and picks. Moreover he hasn't beaten a single good defense in the entire 2 years he has been here. This can't continue. Either the coaching staff makes a change or the staff should be changed. There are a plethora of rookie QBs, 2nd years and 3rd years, including Geno Smith and Nick Foles on the bench, who wouldn't have thrown 6 picks and no TDs alongside practically the worse Adjusted Yards Per Attempt rating ever.

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Bowles is VERY stubborn and wants veterans especially at QB. He will continue to trot Fitz out there even if he does the same thing next week,

robbie anderson clearly needs to be a bigger part of the game plan.  this team needs to shift from being about fitz, marshall and revis.  they can't get it done anymore.  

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

robbie anderson clearly needs to be a bigger part of the game plan.  this team needs to shift from being about fitz, marshall and revis.  they can't get it done anymore.  

We need a QB who can throw the ball downfield Fitzpatrick is killing us when he does throw the ball downfield it usually winds up an INT 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We need a QB who can throw the ball downfield Fitzpatrick is killing us when he does throw the ball downfield it usually winds up an INT 

he looked panicked in the red zone every time.  there's a reason mccags drafted those guys, he knows he needs a qb.  our problem is the jets beat up on bad teams last year and we hung out all offseason thinking maybe it could happen against good teams this year.

Archived