Rappaport reports Fitz on short leash today.

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things:

1. It'd be pretty awesome and ballsy and non-Jets-like to pull the QB today, and I'd give Bowles all the credit in the world for doing the right thing.

2. I'm not sure Bowles will be ready for the fallout from doing so, and I'll be interested to see how he keeps the team together when all the hacks like Mehta are relentlessly pushing a QB controversy.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Two things:

1. It'd be pretty awesome and ballsy and non-Jets-like to pull the QB today, and I'd give Bowles all the credit in the world for doing the right thing.

2. I'm not sure Bowles will be ready for the fallout from doing so, and I'll be interested to see how he keeps the team together when all the hacks like Mehta are relentlessly pushing a QB controversy.

Heres the thing Shane, Marshall and Decker are both injured they arent there to bail Fitz out the rookie WRs can fly Fitz cant deliver the long ball stay tuned. 

Heres my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Jets 27 Seahawks 17 Geno Smith enters the game in the 3rd quarter and leads the Jets to a W 

Image result for fireworks gifs

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Heres the thing Shane, Marshall and Decker are both injured they arent there to bail Fitz out the rookie WRs can fly Fitz cant deliver the long ball stay tuned. 

This is the other thing: Marshall and Decker loveeeeeee Fitz. Marshall has been a space cadet all year. There's no guarantee he'll stay on board if/when Fitz finds his way to the bench. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is the other thing: Marshall and Decker loveeeeeee Fitz. Marshall has been a space cadet all year. There's no guarantee he'll stay on board if/when Fitz finds his way to the bench. 

Hes a flip flopper whoever the QB is feeding him the ball he will loveeeeee them. 

You don't sign Fitz and hand him the job for him to be on a short leash week 4. But also I think Fitz plays well enough today that there isn't even going to be a chance of a QB switch and no one here should be hoping for that either.

That said, I wish Petty was healthy so that if he was, the Jets could evaluate a QB that could have a future here. 

1) I highly doubt Rappaport has any legitimate insight to Bowles' thinking. More guessing disguised as reporting.

2) With Petty hurt, nothing to be excited about even if true. Fitz blows. Geno blows harder. They're both well knowns, and thats awful. At least Petty is an unknown.

3) How sad is it that "unknown" is the best we can hope for at this QB position

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Marshall is a space cadet

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You don't sign Fitz and hand him the job for him to be on a short leash week 4. But also I think Fitz plays well enough today that there isn't even going to be a chance of a QB switch and no one here should be hoping for that either.

That said, I wish Petty was healthy so that if he was, the Jets could evaluate a QB that could have a future here. 

You do if you throw a seasons worth of picks in one game, but I still doubt the CS has the balls to do this,

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

you also do not sign him with 6 INTs in KC in mind.  Salary may not matter here.

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

You do if you throw a seasons worth of picks in one game, but I still doubt the CS has the balls to do this,

you are probably right as far as the balls are concerned.  Bowles has not shown a sh*tload of aggressiveness since he got here.

6 minutes ago, jack48 said:

you also do not sign him with 6 INTs in KC in mind.  Salary may not matter here.

I didn't say anything about salary. Salary doesn't and shouldn't factor into the decision. They should just play the QB that gives the team the best chance to win. Which is what they're doing. 

7 minutes ago, jack48 said:

you are probably right as far as the balls are concerned.  Bowles has not shown a sh*tload of aggressiveness since he got here.

Totally agree. Not only would pulling a struggling QB show me Bowles is conscious, but it would finally show me he may actually have a pair. But in all honesty, after last week, if Fitz struggles, it would be more of a desire to win to pull him than it would be balls IMO. Just wondering what the vibe on the team actually is..They have to be $hitting a brick going against that defense today.

What exactly are some celebrating here ?  Do we really want to lose another game just to be proven right ?  Here's a question for Jet fans to consider . Is it possible that regardless of what is said about the Patriots, they continue to win because their fans stand behind them collectively as a base ?  A house divided will always stand strong . Is that not true ?

That is all

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rap just reported on nfl network that Geno will be put in today and pretty quickly if Fitz struggles early.  Bowles pissed about what happened last week w the qb position.

Perfectly fair.  Everyone must be held to account.

Now we know what some folks will be rooting for today...

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rap just reported on nfl network that Geno will be put in today and pretty quickly if Fitz struggles early.  Bowles pissed about what happened last week w the qb position.

Good. Now even the calm faced coach is seeing what the rest of the league knows.  Fitz is a bad prototype of a journeyman.  In journeymen terms he is below average. A winning percentage of below .2 when facing teams at .500. This is no endorsement of Geno BTW.

THAT is what this fan base screamed to sign. Embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

What exactly are some celebrating here ?  Do we really want to lose another game just to be proven right ?  Here's a question for Jet fans to consider . Is it possible that regardless of what is said about the Patriots, they continue to win because their fans stand behind them collectively as a base ?  A house divided will always stand strong . Is that not true ?

That is all

It's good news because it means Bowles may not just stand there on the sideline doing nothing as one guy single-handedly loses the game.  It gives the fans and more importantly, the players confidence Bowles is trying to win.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Stop putting words in people's mouths already.  It's getting annoying.

I could care less what annoys people rooting AGAINST The Jets on Gameday.

Keep rooting against us.  You'll keep getting called on it.

And save us both the embarrassment of denying you're hoping Fitz plays like sh*t.  We both know better.

44 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You do if you suck.....

That said, it would be great to see Petty, but it is better to have that shoulder healed. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I could care less what annoys people rooting AGAINST The Jets on Gameday.

Keep rooting against us.  You'll keep getting called on it.

And save us both the embarrassment of denying you're hoping Fitz plays like sh*t.  We both know better.

How is mike rooting against the Jets? All he's saying is hallelujah if Bowles goes to another QB if the starter is sucking it up. Stop putting words in his mouth. 

Archived