Todd Bowles says no loss in confidence in Fitz

AFJF

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitz was awful. The offense is a noncombatant. Chan Gailey may be hamstrung with a bad QB, but this offense is undynamic and boring. Personally, again, if you're gonna run the ball, that straIght up the middle, especially on a delay, worked in 1975 when the DL guys went 6'1", 245, and were slow lumbering fat bastids.  Now they're 6'4" 300+, and run like cats, even the Wilforks,  so it's a waste of a play. Gailey LOVES THAT. AND  NOBODY IS TELLING HIM TO STOP DOING THAT. 

Also the defense from the front 7 through the secondary is awful. We have a significant chunk of cap and draft picks on a  DL that gets almost no pressure, a LB corps that has never covered a TE, and a secondary that is ghastly. This is a defensive coach, no? 

Jets were also penalized to death, and wasted timeouts and challenges again. That is terrible coaching. 

Don't begin to have an answer. But Bowles had better have one soon or he may be looking for work come January. The last 2 weeks have been embarrassing and unacceptable. 

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Todd should have been pretty confident he would stare 85% his intended receivers down before he threw to them.

He probably saw him doing that in practice and was justifiably confident he'd continue to do that in the game. 

7 minutes ago, Jet in PA said:

Meanwhile I'm rapidly losing confidence in Todd Bowles which is a shame because I was a big fan of his.

Well I am Bowles fan, but only an idiot could be gaining confidence with play like this from the team, especially the defensive secondary.....

JUST AWFUL!!!   

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Fitz was awful. The offense is a noncombatant. Chan Gailey may be hamstrung with a bad QB, but this offense is undynamic and boring. Personally, again, if you're gonna run the ball, that straIght up the middle, especially on a delay, worked in 1975 when the DL guys went 6'1", 245, and were slow lumbering fat bastids.  Now they're 6'4" 300+, and run like cats, even the Wilforks,  so it's a waste of a play. Gailey LOVES THAT. AND  NOBODY IS TELLING HIM TO STOP DOING THAT. 

Also the defense from the front 7 through the secondary is awful. We have a significant chunk of cap and draft picks on a  DL that gets almost no pressure, a LB corps that has never covered a TE, and a secondary that is ghastly. This is a defensive coach, no? 

Jets were also penalized to death, and wasted timeouts and challenges again. That is terrible coaching. 

Don't begin to have an answer. But Bowles had better have one soon or he may be looking for work come January. The last 2 weeks have been embarrassing and unacceptable. 

Listen a QB who throws 6 INTs in a game totally changes how a OC calls a game.  The OC can't throw it when he wants and runs it when he might want to throw it!!

This is what happens when you have bad QB play!!

My confidence in Todd Bowles is not unchanged.

He has gone from a hopeful unknown in my book, to a cross between Eric Mangini and Ted Cottrell.

Unable to rally the troops and has the facial combination of Mangini's "stern, disconnected and cold" along with Cottrell's "deer in the headlights and clueless."

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The press needs to quit with the easy target of the lousy qb play and start grilling this guy about his pet parts of the team that being the defense.  They should have 10 questioins a a row about TEs and RBS destroying this team every week, they need to point out the MASSIVE resources spent on the defense that sucks.,

You are letting the coach off really easy if all you do is ask him about the sorry ass qb play we have had.

Exactly. 

We expect mediocre quarterback play based on the personnel. But the defense?  Massively underperforming. Bowles was a secondary coach for almost a decade and this is what he rolls out there?

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly. 

We expect mediocre quarterback play based on the personnel. But the defense?  Massively underperforming. Bowles was a secondary coach for almost a decade and this is what he rolls out there?

SAR I

A QB who has thrown 9 INTs in 2 games is not winning you football games 

Bowles and Macc go down in Fitzpatricks flames 

Dare I say Ryan Fitzpatrick was the best Jet on the field today?  Did someone play any better?  Tanner Purdum perhaps?

SAR I

In my opinion, the only Jets I can be proud of through the first quarter of the season are Forte and Enunwa.  That's it.

The rest?  Hit the effin' road and don't come back.

I really don't think Geno could play any worse than Fitz has this year. He has yet to throw 6 picks in a game. Fitz also cost us a chance to get in the playoffs last season imploding against Rex in the season finale. I remember his picks were the issue in that loss as well. Make the switch. Geno can spark us with his arm strength and athleticism.

Just now, win4ever said:

Starting to wonder about Bowles, this defense seems to be going backwards, and he's been absolutely blind with his faith in Fitz.  

Yeah, he seems lost in an endless loop of baseless optimism and little accountability.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A QB who has thrown 9 INTs in 2 games is not winning you football games 

Bowles and Macc go down in Fitzpatricks flames 

One of today's INT's was in desperation time and another one was on Brandon Marshall.  The pick that hurt killed a drive but it put the Seahawks on their own 39, hardly a big challenge for any decent defense.  No one on D or ST's gave Fitz decent field position either. Brutal loss all around. 

SAR I

One of today's INT's was in desperation time and another one was on Brandon Marshall.  The pick that hurt killed a drive but it put the Seahawks on their 39, hardly a big challenge for any decent defense.  No one on D or ST's gave Fitz decent field position either. Brutal loss all around. 

SAR I

Marshall fell but the ball was under thrown couldn't you see that from your prime seats. 

Just now, phill1c said:

Yeah, he seems lost in an endless loop of baseless optimism and little accountability.

I'm starting to wonder if he just has "His" guys like Rex did.  I still have no idea why someone like Amaro was cut for Kellen Davis or what the heck does Bostick do on the team?  I remember Cro being beat like a drum, but he was a Bowles guy and he was out there constantly.  At some point, you have to make some changes, but it seems like we throw the same thing out there constantly and hope to get lucky.  The Fitz optimism is just stupid at this point, really, you feel no different in Fitz since the start of the season?  Your 12 million dollar QB is playing horribly and you aren't surprised?

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

In my opinion, the only Jets I can be proud of through the first quarter of the season are Forte and Enunwa.  That's it.

The rest?  Hit the effin' road and don't come back.

Leonard Williams has been really good as well. But agree with your point, virtually everyone is underachieving, which makes me concerned about the coaching. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Marshall fell but the ball was under thrown couldn't you see that from your prime seats. 

I'm talking the second INT, the one that hit Marshall in the hands and he deflected to a DB.

A journeyman quarterback is going to throw one pick per game, it's how it goes. The pick that mattered still put the Seahawks over 60 yards away from paydirt and our defense did nothing to stop them. 

Name a skill player who played better than Ryan Fitzpatrick today. 

SAR I

I'm talking the second INT, the one that hit Marshall in the hands and he deflected to a DB.

A journeyman quarterback is going to throw one pack per game, it's how it goes. The pic that mattered still put the Seahawks over 60 yards away from pay dirt in our defense did nothing to stop them. 

Name a skill player who played better than Ryan Fitzpatrick today. 

SAR I

9 INTs in 2 games 

Archived