Bowles & Macc can't fool Jet fans anymore

Jetster

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

Unlike a lot of GM/HC combos, Macc didn't hire Bowles, so I bet their 'evaluations' will be conducted separately in a way, at least for the next season or two

Yea, i know what Macc's report card is going to say:

Hackenberg. 

Here's why Macc needs to be reevaluated;

Hackenberg. 

It's just the muffing of Lynch for Hackenberg. It goes beyond that... that decision, under the microscope, says so much. It says that our GM had a full complement of scouts, resources, workouts, etc and somehow, he came conclusion that Hackenberg was the guy. Not Lynch, or Prescott whom he both worked out - but Hackenberg. 

How can you, or I ever trust a guy who worked out Hackenberg - and thought - Yup! that's the guy. That's our QB"

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

So now we're 1-3, I knew unless we held Seattle to FGs no way this offense with Fitz was going to score enough to beat the Seahawks.

Anything they say from here on in will obviously just be coach/teamspeak. You guys know the drill, Bowles will " stay the course", "we gotta play better", blah, blah, blah.

Its time for the all in rebuild & the youngster show after this year. David Harris?, see ya, Darelle "I'm collecting my paycheck from you idiots" Revis, dump him & eat the money. Revis has ZERO FIRE left for the game & he's not part of this teams future, I don't even want to look at Fitz anymore, Mangold? Take a paycut or your out too. 

Dump Bowles, he's got zero personality & obviously can't coach defense unless he has pro bowlers at every level. It's time for the Jets to go on the offensive, with an offensive coach. I'd like to see them give Josh McDaniel another chance. Unfortunately for Macc, Petty is hurt so he's gonna lose valuable learning time, Macc needs to find out if Bryce can play. Plus it would be nice to get Petty playing with these young kids, Anderson, Peake, J. Marshall to see how they mesh, and play offense 15-20 yards further down the field than Fitz can do.

We NEED to have a HORRIBLE season. We need an EMPTY SEATS FOR THE LAST 6 home games type of season. I'm so disappointed in Bowles, I thought he had the pedigree playing for Joe Gibbs, coaching under Parcells & Ariens. HE STINKS! He coaches with BBs for balls. 4th & 3 today, punts,lol? How many times did he think we'd get over the 50 today. It amazes me the coaches that have no feel for the game.

Oh, there goes another TE running a drag route wide open. Bubble screens? Who the hell knows how to stop them? Obviously not the NY Jets. I'm checking out this year until they go to Petty. I'll just check in to see who's at QB before the games & if it's Fitz, take a run, go to lunch with my wife, enjoy my Sundays. I refuse to let the Jets ruin my Sundays without SOMETHING to look forward to. And I won't.

Oh my Gahd man I feel the same way , we need better players , we need a better coach , we NEED to be THREATENING for the playoffs we NEED To make the SUPER BOWL.....

Just now, Paradis said:

Hackenberg. 

It's just the muffing of Lynch for Hackenberg. It goes beyond that... that decision, under the microscope, says so much. It says that our GM had a full complement of scouts, resources, workouts, etc and somehow, he came conclusion that Hackenberg was the guy. Not Lynch, or Prescott whom he both worked out - but Hackenberg. 

How can you, or I ever trust a guy who worked out Hackenberg - and thought - Yup! that's the guy. That's our QB"

Until he takes the field next season, it is really a moot point.  Apparently he saw something you and some others did not.  It is WAY too early to right this kid off. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Hackenberg. 

Have a little more faith brother.

Just now, JetBlue said:

Until he takes the field next season, it is really a moot point.  Apparently he saw something you and some others did not.  It is WAY too early to right this kid off. 

Apparently he's an idiot. That's the revelation we're all coming to. I don't need to wait until next season.

We all know it's true. The pick was a mistake 6 seconds after Prince Chadwick called his cursed name. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Apparently he's an idiot. That's the revelation we're all coming to. I don't need to wait until next season.

We all know it's true. The pick was a mistake 6 seconds after Prince Chadwick called his cursed name. 

Okay, there is no having a rational conversation with you about this.  I will revisit this next year, you know when he ACTUALLY gets to play. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

NO. 

Not this time Tin. Can't, and won't. 

I refuse to let this one get swept underneath the rug. It was the obvious move and Macc blew it. 

I'm already feeling like I chose the wrong team! But I can't teamhop anyways...

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Faith is what.  He regressed every year in college.  Was a 4 year started but isnt ready to play in the nfl.  And he had one of the worst preseason performances in the history of the nf againt guys who are pumping gas now.

Don't you know ?

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of those things not being yet seen" .

This kid you guys are not even giving a chance too, never had a losing season at State College despite playing with less and with a HS coach as his HC . If you ask me, he's already shown his promise .

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Faith is what.  He regressed every year in college.  Was a 4 year started but isnt ready to play in the nfl.  And he had one of the worst preseason performances in the history of the nf againt guys who are pumping gas now.

Lol.  He was a three year starter 

have you seen Penn st since he left?

look, Lynch might end up better, but can Lynch at least start one game where a DC can plan a little for him before we say he is a HOF player?

can we see Hack play one game before we write him off as terrible?

for Christ sake people

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

this topic is my Achilles heel 

I just want some friggin accountability from them on this one. 

I understand.  But you are just gonna have to see how this plays out.

Who knows.  Lynch can be great, or he can suck two years from now.  Hack may not play for a year or two... let's see what he does.

11 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

You were fooled?  Maybe you were expecting a SB? I think most of us HOPED for a winning season and MAYBE playoffs.

this team has the talent to be in every game and make the playoffs the problem is we have a Head Coach (once again) that sucks and the reason I know he sucks is because the guy makes no adjustments from week to week or from the first half to the second. This team may be worse coached than a Rex Ryan team since not only do we constantly miss assignments over and over but the HC has absolutely zero fire or motivational skills. Hell the players are probably falling asleep at halftime rather than getting ready for the second half. After almost a year and a half of watching talented players play dumb and play right into the other coaches game plan I can't side with the mass stupidity this is 100 % on the head coach NOT Macc who has given him the players to succeed.

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

worst pre season performance in history ?? Are you fcuking serious ? We threw a kid out there in preseason with nearly zero reps in training camp and he lead a fe nice drives and also showed his lack of work hurt him as well yet it was the worst in history ?? Please stop with this bullsh*t its getting ridiculous

14 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I left at 14-3 and went to the gym. I told you guys this was going to happen. From the first quarter and a half that I saw this was no contest at all. We were absolutely overmatched at every position in every facet.

Where was ASJ today? I think this CS is handicapped I really do. The Seahawks signed CJ spiller yesterday or Thursday whatever the f**k and he played really well today, what we could not get ASJ up to speed in a week? I just do not get it.

Does anyone seriously think we will win in Pit or Ari? 1-3 is lights out, 1-5 is lights out, season over, Fitz Jet career over and time to play Petty or Hack.

I am totally disinterested and disgusted. My football season is over in the first week of October.

Yup. I thought we would lose halfway thru the 1st Q and posted it too.   I saw us as a 7-9 or 8-8 team pre-season. We might be worse.  I do not get Bowles' defensive rep.  We have some D talent here, although David Harris is shot, and that is important.  Why is he on goal line in passing situations?  Fitz is somewhere between stink and mediocre.  If we had a good QB we have 2 wins.  If we had a really good QB we probably have 3.

Macc has done an excellent job, this team is incredibly talented.  the problem is the coaching staff led by Todd Bowles.  I gave him a pass for not having his team prepared for the Buf game last year, I gave him a pss for the first few weeks but he is a disaster. one of the worst coaches in the league.  If we had Rex we'd be a contender right now.

12 hours ago, JetBlue said:

But Lynch is ready NOW.  Of course it is true for him as for all rookie/new Qb's that you want to see if opposing DC's, after seeing film of him, come up with ways to defend him that expose limitations in his game.  Bu for now he's looking pretty good based on the available evidence.  Let's put it this way - knowing what we know now, only a fool would have picked Hackenberg instead of getting Lynch in the first round.

Archived