Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?

T0mShane

Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?

• Christian Hackenberg
    • Drew Brees
    • Jay Cutler
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Tony Romo
    • Bryce Petty
    • Geno Smith
    • Sam Bradford
    • Brad Kaaya

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best case scenario is that one of the two guys currently under contract for next year that are already on the team step up and take the job and run. Otherwise, it'll just continue that perpetual cycle of crying. From me. Because Jets. 

Also Villain is going to be pissed you didn't include his boyfriend in this @T0mShane

12 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

what about WATSON

Watson does not look good.  He is an athlete and not a developed passer.  Go back and watch him against Troy.  Any team (probably a top 3 pick) that takes him is going to have to be very patient.

Kizon has passed Watson IMO, and depending on eligibility for the draft, Jackson at Louisville could pass him as well.  

I wouldn't mind Bradford but not at $18M annually with his injury history.  Also, I thought he was under contract for 2017 but could be wrong.  

So without a surprise candidate (similar to this year's Paxton Lynch) I'll take Petty.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The best case scenario is that one of the two guys currently under contract for next year that are already on the team step up and take the job and run. Otherwise, it'll just continue that perpetual cycle of crying. From me. Because Jets. 

Also Villain is going to be pissed you didn't include his boyfriend in this @T0mShane

Mike Glennon is about as viable as Drew Stanton, IMO. 

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The subtlety of Tom's trolling should be noted.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

We're screwed at the QB position, but we're going to be starting one of these guys next year whether you like it or not. Which one do you prefer? 

Thanks for Fitz, we don't have the cap to sign any of those next year without putting us yet another future year cap against the wall. It's pretty insane to think that last year, we had 50+ mil of cap space and right now, we've already used up 2017 cap as well. Of course we can clear the cap by releasing players but we'll doing so cuz of the cap itself and not the player himself (in most situations). Nobody likes a word against Maccon this forum but all that is on Mac. 

Impossible to say Geno/Petty/Hack without seeing them play.

So gotta roll with Brees.

Though I'd prefer the three youngin's get their shot and at least one looks promising.  If Bowles grows some balls, benches Fitz, and one of the young guys looks good...  forget Brees and let the young guy start 2017.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

In my exhaustively researched hypothetical, Watson comes off the board before the Jets pick. 

At this rate, very possible the Jets might have nobody picking in front of them. But then, flow charting it, they will pick the best defensive lineman or safety on the board anyway as they always do.

Your poll is gross (I bet you hear that a lot).

It's way too early to tell but I'd hope we're looking at Petty, Hack, and a younger vet with at least a proven track record of mediocrity.

I don't know what a Brad Kaaya is but I assume he's playing in college currently.  Going into next year with 3 neophyte QB's with zero game experience is a recipe for disaster.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Your poll is gross (I bet you hear that a lot).

It's way too early to tell but I'd hope we're looking at Petty, Hack, and a younger vet with at least a proven track record of mediocrity.

I don't know what a Brad Kaaya is but I assume he's playing in college currently.  Going into next year with 3 neophyte QB's with zero game experience is a recipe for disaster.

You spent a solid hour coming up with a homonym joke referring to my penis. 

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

Watson does not look good.  He is an athlete and not a developed passer.  Go back and watch him against Troy.  Any team (probably a top 3 pick) that takes him is going to have to be very patient.

Kizon has passed Watson IMO, and depending on eligibility for the draft, Jackson at Louisville could pass him as well.  

I wouldn't mind Bradford but not at $18M annually with his injury history.  Also, I thought he was under contract for 2017 but could be wrong.  

So without a surprise candidate (similar to this year's Paxton Lynch) I'll take Petty.

Luke Falk from Wash St  is my darkhorse for a late riser up many draft boards. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Boyfriend? I didn't grow up looking at those type of magazines Carl lol. 

Besides, Glennon needs to stay far away from this organization and fanbase if he wants any chance of succeeding once free. 

"I've talked to scouts who were taken aback by how poorly he played in the preseason. They say he lacked poise and his mechanics were a mess." Cimini 

just not Hack.  As a PSU alum I watched nearly all his games in college.  Surprised and disappointed the Jets took I'm in Rd 2.   Hoping I'm wrong, obviously...but the quote above fits squarely with what I saw in his college years

especially as he became more experienced. I don't buy the excuse that poor coaching and personnel caused his downfall. His cringe-worthy decision making and execution on so many individual plays (with and without pressure) ...were a true measure...IMO 

Archived