Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?

T0mShane

Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?

• Christian Hackenberg
    • Drew Brees
    • Jay Cutler
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Tony Romo
    • Bryce Petty
    • Geno Smith
    • Sam Bradford
    • Brad Kaaya

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Luke Falk from Wash St  is my darkhorse for a late riser up many draft boards. 

I looking forward to watching Trubisky and NC against VT.  Two gig come backs the last two weeks and really accurate.

So many things wrong with this poll... 2016 Jet retreads, another 2nd round average QB in Kayaa, old ass veterans -- and apparently Petty? That's what Jet Nation wants to see next year?? You're hanging your hopes on Petty? 

Wake me up in 2018

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

0 career starts between the three of them. Cool. What could go wrong?

That's why they should have done this exact thing this year. Bite the bullet and try to find the QB. Now if they do worse than 8-8 and try to sneak in a 4-12 next year to get Hack playing time, everyone is doomed.

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So many things wrong with this poll... 2016 Jet retreads, another 2nd round average QB in Kayaa, old ass veterans -- and apparently Petty? That's what Jet Nation wants to see next year?? You're hanging your hopes on Petty? 

Wake me up in 2018

Trade for Paxton Lynch? Or do you have a write in candidate?

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

We could actually see what we have in our young qbs instead of assuming.

What free agents can you draw with that QB situation? What players want to stick around when you're already throwing away a year of their career in 2017 with that QB lineup?

38 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Trade for Paxton Lynch? Or do you have a write in candidate?

We're never allowed to have Lynch on this roster. 

I would make Macc fall on his Hackenberg sword and play him all 2017... but given that's his job on the line, we're almost assuredly NOT going to see that. 

48 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

How many starts did Wentz, Prescott, and Lynch have?

Who is backing up each? Oh and Lynch didn't start the season. Let the adults talk please. 

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

We're never allowed to have Lynch on this roster. 

I would make Macc fall on his Hackenberg sword and play him all 2017... but given that's his job on the line, we're almost assuredly NOT going to see that. 

Definitely not going to happen. Kids damaged. I'm not sure it's repairable either. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Ask Eagles, Broncos or Cowboy fans.

I think you missed my point. The point is, no teams are going into a season with 3 QBs on their roster with 0 starts between them. Maybe Petty gets some at the end of this season and renders my argument invalid, but otherwise it's true. I have no problem sticking a first year QB out there, as long as there is a vet of some sort to back that player up. 

I'd go with Hack, Petty and Glennon while also beefing up the line and drafting one of the stud RBs available. Do what the Giants did with Eli and surround our kid QBs with enough talent that it makes them appear better than they are. 

39 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think you missed my point. The point is, no teams are going into a season with 3 QBs on their roster with 0 starts between them. Maybe Petty gets some at the end of this season and renders my argument invalid, but otherwise it's true. I have no problem sticking a first year QB out there, as long as there is a vet of some sort to back that player up. 

I get what you're saying but Denver and the Eagles both went with teams without a vet and without a QB with a NFL start on their resumes

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I get what you're saying but Denver and the Eagles both went with teams without a vet and without a QB with a NFL start on their resumes

Chase Daniel has plenty of experience and a few starts. Denver has Sanchez there. It they're more the exception than the rule. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What free agents can you draw with that QB situation? What players want to stick around when you're already throwing away a year of their career in 2017 with that QB lineup?

free agents who like to get paid?

Archived