Jets receiving calls to acquire Sheldon Richardson

Jets Daily Dosage.

On 10/30/2016 at 10:39 AM, Lupz27 said:

You are so clueless to the talent of Sheldon.

Still think Sheldumn will draw a 1st?  Collins got a conditional 3rd and he has no suspension concerns.  You are clueless to realistic NFL trade values for a guy set to be a FA that wants Fletcher Cox- Suh money. 

I hear the weather in La La Land is nice this time of year.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Still think Sheldumn will draw a 1st?  Collins got a conditional 3rd and he has no suspension concerns.  You are clueless to realistic NFL trade values for a guy set to be a FA that wants Fletcher Cox- Suh money. 

DTs are worth more than non-rush LBs, even one as good as Collins.

Just now, SenorGato said:

especially ones that play. . . FB, DT, DE, OLB, ILB.... 

i still think sheldon is worth more that we will get offered. We seriously should try to trade MO and keep sheldon, he is IMO a higher upside and higher floor than MO. 

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Do you think there is any chance a team gives up a 1st for him? Off the field problems, impending free agency, financial demands, etc.

Let me help you.  The answer is NO.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Remember when Rex let Sheldon be the goal line back? 

In all fairness, dude was a RB in HS and had 2 tds on 4 carries. Watt has 3 catches on 4 targets for 3 tds. Belichcik used to use Vrabel as a TE all the time, maybe should have even done it more: 14 targets, 10 receptions, 10 tds. I dunno, maybe we should be letting Sheldon carry the ball more around the goal line, kind of tired of seeing our backs get stuffed twice, Fitz throw an incompletion and then settle for a FG. That our we could just draft players who make using our star DE/DTs on offense superfluous...

6 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Collins is a FA at the end of the year Sheldon is not, so yes Sheldon commands more compensation then Collins.

49 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Collins is a FA at the end of the year Sheldon is not, so yes Sheldon commands more compensation then Collins.

Ah yes....  But Sheldumb is one dumbass act, or puff, from a year long suspension.  And Sheldumn wants a massive contract.  Dude, seriously, look at the big picture.

A 2nd round pick would be absolute retail top dollar.  More likely a 3rd...  and the Jets should take it. 

5 hours ago, Jerichoholic said:

Why is no one talking that about the fact that we likely get a 3rd comp pick anyway if we let him him walk as a fa!!!!!

Trading him fora 3rd on his rookie deal is beyond dumb

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Half of the people in this thread don't even realize that we set up Mo's "long-term" deal to give us an out after 2017 should we want to retain Sheldon instead:

(https://www.google.com/amp/www.nj.com/articles/18973971/mailbag_after_mo_wilkerson_deal_what_should_jets_d.amp)

Do you think they even did enough research to find out the comp pick?

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Ah yes....  But Sheldumb is one dumbass act, or puff, from a year long suspension.  And Sheldumn wants a massive contract.  Dude, seriously, look at the big picture.

A 2nd round pick would be absolute retail top dollar.  More likely a 3rd...  and the Jets should take it. 

Right.  Trade him early to get a pick that we'll already get should he get a deal via FA a few years down the road.

IT'S A BOLD STRATEGY COTTON, LET'S SEE IF IT PAYS OFF FOR EM.

My god.  Do some of you think before you type?  I mean, I probably already know the answer to that but still...c'mon.  If you put half the effort you do calling Sheldon Sheldumb into researching this stuff, you would know all of this.  Instead you decide to rant at people sh*tting on the stupid idea of trading a first round talent for a 3rd rounder....THAT WE'LL GET ANYWAY IF HE WALKS IN 2 YEARS.

So let's put to bed this idea that a 3rd rounder is the best we wil get. 

PSA dweebs ... a 3rd is the LEAST (that means worst, lowest, floor etc) we get if we just let his (inexpensive) rookie deal expire and he signs elsewhere.

threads like this remind me why we deserve this team.

lock. Dump. Smh 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Half of the people in this thread don't even realize that we set up Mo's "long-term" deal to give us an out after 2017 should we want to retain Sheldon instead:

(https://www.google.com/amp/www.nj.com/articles/18973971/mailbag_after_mo_wilkerson_deal_what_should_jets_d.amp)

Do you think they even did enough research to find out the comp pick?

Yes that is all good that the Jets have an out with Muhammad Wilkerson contract after 2017,  but that doesn't mean they can afford Sheldon Richardson 7.5 million contract in 2017( over next year projected cap by five million already- yes they easily get under that with some cuts) , or justify paying him that much to play out of position at Olb.( Jets best defense is when they play the 3-4 , and they have one too many  lineman for that defense- Wilkerson, L Williams, and S Richardson ).    Hasn't matter what two De's they lined up in 3-4 , but when they try to get all those defense lineman on the field at once it hasn't worked.

Wouldn't it be better investing that 7.5 million in a real pass rushing Olb , than trying to force a lineup that doesn't work.( again they are committed to l Williams( cheap) and M Wilkerson( contract)  in 2017. 

Now here is the point why you would take a third rounder now , than wait for 2018 season  to take what's really a fourth rounder.     There is no guarantee S Richardson isn't going to fail another drug test by than- he does and you can kiss that pick away.

Jmo the Jets have to move one of these defense lineman by next season, and Sheldon Richardson is the one most likely to go.

35 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Yes that is all good that the Jets have an out with Muhammad Wilkerson contract after 2017,  but that doesn't mean they can afford Sheldon Richardson 7.5 million contract in 2017( over next year projected cap by five million already- yes they easily get under that with some cuts) , or justify paying him that much to play out of position at Olb.( Jets best defense is when they play the 3-4 , and they have one too many  lineman for that defense- Wilkerson, L Williams, and S Richardson ).    Hasn't matter what two De's they lined up in 3-4 , but when they try to get all those defense lineman on the field at once it hasn't worked.

Wouldn't it be better investing that 7.5 million in a real pass rushing Olb , than trying to force a lineup that doesn't work.( again they are committed to l Williams( cheap) and M Wilkerson( contract)  in 2017. 

Now here is the point why you would take a third rounder now , than wait for 2018 season  to take what's really a fourth rounder.     There is no guarantee S Richardson isn't going to fail another drug test by than- he does and you can kiss that pick away.

Jmo the Jets have to move one of these defense lineman by next season, and Sheldon Richardson is the one most likely to go.

P1.  Agreed.

P2.  Agreed.

P3.  Disagree simply because we all know Sheldon wants money.  Sheldon knows what will screw him out of money.  My opinion?  Sheldon will stay clean until he signs a deal.  Then I'd worry about him again.  My point is more along lines of "someone getting Richardson for a 3rd would be highway robbery and we'd look like total f*cking idiots for it".  I'd rather gamble on it at that point.  A team like the Browns comes with the 33rd pick and NO ONE else bit?  Maaaaaaaybe.  Even then I'd be hesitant.  Idzik got a 1st and a 4th for Revis coming off an ACL tear.  I'd, AT LEAST, want that for parting ways with Sheldon Richardson early.  Not saying that's going to happen.  Just what I personally would want and what Macc SHOULD be saying to potential suitors.

P4.  That depends if Wilkerson decides to ever show up after feeding his fat f*cking face with money.  Our best performance on the D-Line had Sheldon and Leo out there as the two primary guys. Don't think for a second the coaches didn't notice that.

Right.  Trade him early to get a pick that we'll already get should he get a deal via FA a few years down the road.
IT'S A BOLD STRATEGY COTTON, LET'S SEE IF IT PAYS OFF FOR EM.
 My god.  Do some of you think before you type?  I mean, I probably already know the answer to that but still...c'mon.  If you put half the effort you do calling Sheldon Sheldumb into researching this stuff, you would know all of this.  Instead you decide to rant at people sh*tting on the stupid idea of trading a first round talent for a 3rd rounder....THAT WE'LL GET ANYWAY IF HE WALKS IN 2 YEARS.

I see what point you're trying to make....but IIRC, comp picks are not treated in isolated instances. A 3rd would be the max we could receive for Sheldon if he signs elsewhere, depending on his contract value...but isn't that tempered by who we would happen to sign that same offseason so that it would quite possibly be less than a 3rd rder?

On 10/31/2016 at 4:00 PM, RoadFan said:

Has your opinion changed now that a quality and versatile player like Collins drew a conditional 3rd with zero off the field risk?  And you can apologize any time....

No my opinion has not changed.  When you have a HOF QB you can make risky trades like that.  And you don't know the story about Collins, sure he didn't get busted for pot but apparently the NE media here indicates Collins took plays off and didn't work as hard as they wanted him to as well as a list of other "flags" that didn't meet NE standards.  So they sent him to the worst possible situation in football as basically punishment and sends a message to the rest of your team.  When you have Tom Brady and your Coach is Bellicheck you can make statements like that to your team.  The Jets are no way in the same situation.  So you either keep Sheldon till the off season where his value is worth more or you eventually let him go FA where you end up with the same value as Collins.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

No my opinion has not changed.  When you have a HOF QB you can make risky trades like that.  And you don't know the story about Collins, sure he didn't get busted for pot but apparently the NE media here indicates Collins took plays off and didn't work as hard as they wanted him to as well as a list of other "flags" that didn't meet NE standards.  So they sent him to the worst possible situation in football as basically punishment and sends a message to the rest of your team.  When you have Tom Brady and your Coach is Bellicheck you can make statements like that to your team.  The Jets are no way in the same situation.  So you either keep Sheldon till the off season where his value is worth more or you eventually let him go FA where you end up with the same value as Collins.

The NE media ball-washes, because that's what helps their ratings. In NY Francessa plays contrarian, and it drives his ratings. Up here, the people are too big a collection of pussies for that, so they need constant positive affirmation. Everyone once in a while Mazzeroti tries to play contrarian, but he always backs off it, and/or presents his POV in such a laughable manner it's like lobbing a softball to the wussy fans who call in.

Collins was a good player. The tear-down is on par with politicking to make sure BB doesn't get criticized. It's a joke.

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

NE acquired a LB from Detroit the day before trading Collins there always seems to be a plan b in NE here not so much. 

The Jets make some really bad decisions that usually haunt us for years not seasons. 

Macc has his work cut out for him with restructuring, resigning and drafting he is under the microscope. 

Winning changes everything sadly we havent won much in years. 

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The NE media ball-washes, because that's what helps their ratings. In NY Francessa plays contrarian, and it drives his ratings. Up here, the people are too big a collection of pussies for that, so they need constant positive affirmation. Everyone once in a while Mazzeroti tries to play contrarian, but he always backs off it, and/or presents his POV in such a laughable manner it's like lobbing a softball to the wussy fans who call in.

Collins was a good player. The tear-down is on par with politicking to make sure BB doesn't get criticized. It's a joke.

I would normally agree but I found the media to be quite partial on this one.  Seems most agree and think this was a bad move by Bill especially on the cusp of another superbowl run.  I found most media when weighing in up here didn't like the move and see it as a message to the rest of the team, and like I said, when you have TB you can do this  type of crap.  I think in Bills world yes there were things he didn't like about Collins, but talent trumps all else, unless you are Bill and have TB.  I still think this hurts them in the long run, especially deep in the playoffs where it will be exposed.  I was just commenting to RoadFan that I still don't think differently about the value we should be aiming for with Sheldon.  Like you indicated, you can't compare us to a perennial playoff winning franchise that has the flexibility to take weak value for stud players as a means to send a message or to tweak their long term plans.  I mean the difference here is a compensatory 3rd rounder in 2018 vs a compensatory 3rd rounder in 2017.  They must already have an idea where they how/want to use that pick in this yrs draft compared to 2018.  

If the Jets had Jones and Collins and we traded them away for what amounts to a  3rd and 4th rd pick, we would be putting up billboards again.  Its just not apples to apples.

10 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I would normally agree but I found the media to be quite partial on this one.  Seems most agree and think this was a bad move by Bill especially on the cusp of another superbowl run.  I found most media when weighing in up here didn't like the move and see it as a message to the rest of the team, and like I said, when you have TB you can do this  type of crap.  I think in Bills world yes there were things he didn't like about Collins, but talent trumps all else, unless you are Bill and have TB.  I still think this hurts them in the long run, especially deep in the playoffs where it will be exposed.  I was just commenting to RoadFan that I still don't think differently about the value we should be aiming for with Sheldon.  Like you indicated, you can't compare us to a perennial playoff winning franchise that has the flexibility to take weak value for stud players as a means to send a message or to tweak their long term plans.  I mean the difference here is a compensatory 3rd rounder in 2018 vs a compensatory 3rd rounder in 2017.  They must already have an idea where they how/want to use that pick in this yrs draft compared to 2018.  

If the Jets had Jones and Collins and we traded them away for what amounts to a  3rd and 4th rd pick, we would be putting up billboards again.  Its just not apples to apples.

Fair enough. I guess it depends on which sh*tty NE sports radio station you listen to when you're commuting. 

21 minutes ago, section314 said:

You know the Jets better than that. They create problems, not solve them!B)

If Bowles was the defensive genius that many claim he is he would find a successful way to use them all we are boring on defense and hardly force turnovers anymore. 

Ive been saying it for weeks time to fire Kacy Rodgers. 

On 11/02/2016 at 10:57 AM, JETSfaninNE said:

You and the others that blasted me can apologize now....

Sheldumb should have been dumped for even a 4th.  He is a piece of crap and is certainly not beyond being suspended again before free agency and compensatory pick come into play.  He is worth almost nothing now that the word is out he skips meetings.

It is truly aggravating to be proven right constantly, but I get blasted when I am ahead of the curve.

Archived