#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Well considering he's like the 5th string linebacker, I'm not sure exactly what you expected. He has had some good moments. He's obviously not ready for a starting gig but he has had some moments. 

He's an NFL linebacker.  There are guys in college right now that can diagnose where they should be better than him.  Every single big run you could see him blowing his gap as clear as day.  Then the penalty?

Nah, f*ck him.

3 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

I was a big supporter of Bowles....but this is clearly a poorly coached team.

change will be needed ...but will it happen?

I am not screaming for Bowles to be fired, but he has done a rotten job this year  Two years in now, and he has not left his stamp on this team.  Guys are still breaking rules, taking dumbass penalties, and missing communications on plays.  The team has zero identity.

Just now, Mogglez said:

He's an NFL linebacker.  There are guys in college right now that can diagnose where they should be better than him.  Every single big run you could see him blowing his gap as clear as day.  Then the penalty?

Nah, f*ck him.

Harris, Lee, Henderson, Carter are the ILBs this team started with. Stanford was on the practice squad for a reason. He's not a starting caliber LBer but they don't have anyone else. He had a bad game but was pretty solid previously. 

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Fitz ball washers after this game: "Fitz made that great throw to Jalin, he gives us the best chance to win".....if he plays again Bowles should be fired on the spot.

This. But  the complete joke of a HC will play FitzINT the rest of the season no doubt about it. That's why I won't waste any more time on them this year

Just now, Irish Jet said:

The Jets and United are seemingly taking turns in giving me drinking problems.

Seriously though Marshall and Anderson look like they could be players. Everything else is f*ckery.

even revis didn't suck today.  the coach is running outta excuses besides himself and fitz.

As fans sometimes we have to step back and realize the team is ruining our Sundays.  I'm not talking about a bad team.  Hell, that happens some years.  You still support the team and support them.

But this is different.  This coaching staff is just phucking stupid and they don't seem to care.  

Until there are drastic changes, we should all try to find better things to do.

At least Westhoff  agrees Fitz should be benched.

Just now, Mike135 said:

As fans sometimes we have to step back and realize the team is ruining our Sundays.  I'm not talking about a bad team.  Hell, that happens some years.  You still support the team and warmth then.

But this is different.  This coaching staff is just phucking stupid and they don't seem to care.  

it only matters what bowles and mccags think unfortunately.  maybe woody can fix this by meddling again.  hey, he got him benched once.

4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Even the throw to Anderson---a beautiful catch----was not a good one. It was thrown into coverage, to a kid who is a string bean and is not likely to come out with it.

you do realize that many,many,many pases are thrown into double coverage and completed as planned. never mind the fact that the 2nd defender was 5-7 yards away. just about every deep pass is "double coverage" with a deep safety

That was the worst game to watch all season. We are clearly the better team but penalties and a few big plays and we lose. I am confident if we stop the Dolphins on the kickoff like 99 percent of those plays usually go our defense holds em and we win. Man this team

12 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Harbaugh, Gruden, Cowher, Shanahan, Coughlin.  An experienced coach with a clue.  As long as it's not Bowles.

Harbaugh: Never leaving Michigan.

Gruden: Is not leaving a comfy announcer job, let alone for this team.

Cowher: Dear God no.

Shanahan: I'll blow my brains out.

Coughlin: Kill me before we sign Grandpa Rose Cheeks and his always baffled lookin ass.

Wanna try again?

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

As fans sometimes we have to step back and realize the team is ruining our Sundays.  I'm not talking about a bad team.  Hell, that happens some years.  You still support the team and support them.

It's not just Fitz. It's Gailey as well. His play calling is atrocious. And Fitz was under siege all day. This OL is putrid and as evidenced today, has zero depth. So be a little more common let's in your assessments than just putting all the blame on Fitz. 

14 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

19591844-standard.jpg

Our young Wide Recievers show up and ball out, as did our first rounder from last year (LOW SPARQ SCOREZ AND ALL), Revis and Marshall were fine, so was Forte, and you pick this guy to blame.  

You couldn't be a dumber poster if you tried, which is hard to believe.

Just now, Powpow said:

It's not just Fitz. It's Gailey as well. His play calling is atrocious. And Fitz was under siege all day. This OL is putrid and as evidenced today, has zero depth. So be a little more common let's in your assessments than just putting all the blame on Fitz. 

Nope.  I've been saying it for over a year about Fitz.  I feel he is the root of all evil.  He may have ruined Bowles' and Macc's careers.

having woody as the owner will always be the problem of this team.  what has to happen is that problem must be handled.  somehow someone needs to convince the woodster to recruit a strong experienced winning gm not a junior gm like mac (you can keep mac, but demote him to head of player personnel and no contract signing authority) needs to come in and take the reins for 3 years with no interference or input whatsever from woody.  then maybe we have a chance, after getting rid of all our over 30 duds and of course flush Bowles doing the proverbial toilet. otherwise, otherwise the jets have no future till woody goes to the great stadium in the sky and his children / wife whatever sell the team sometime when he expires in his gold plated wheelchair in ten or 15 years.

1 minute ago, FlaJetsFan said:

having woody as the owner will always be the problem of this team.  what has to happen is that problem must be handled.  somehow someone needs to convince the woodster to recruit a strong experienced winning gm not a junior gm like mac (you can keep mac, but demote him to head of player personnel and no contract signing authority) needs to come in and take the reins for 3 years with no interference or input whatsever from woody.  then maybe we have a chance, after getting rid of all our over 30 duds and of course flush Bowles doing the proverbial toilet. otherwise, otherwise the jets have no future till woody goes to the great stadium in the sky and his children / wife whatever sell the team sometime when he expires in his gold plated wheelchair in ten or 15 years.

That will never happen- never does anywhere.

Two key plays lost this game for us. The Fitz red zone pick and of course the punt return for a TD. There was plenty of other stuff. But those were the big two. The D didn't play that bad for the most part. Again I'd start Fitz vs the Rams but if we lose I go to Petty for the rest of the season. And I don't fire Bowles. He benched Sheldon and Mo the first quarter and obviously the team doesn't have enough discipline.

Archived