We all hate this team

Jetster

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wasn't there a ST coach w a really good reputation that we had a chance to sign but Bowles specifically chose to sign the guy we have now?

This idea that we'd be 6-3 if the special teams didn't screw up is pure fantasy. Folk shouldn't have had his FG blocked in the 1st game if Bowles didn't have marbles for balls & went for it up 7-0 on the 4th down from the 1/2 yard line! 

Why kick off today backed up, we all know Folk couldn't reach the endzone ever until they moved kickoffs up. It's up to the coaches to decide what's the best way to approach it? Squib kick? I've seen belichick do that in the past, because he knows it's much harder to return a squib for a score. 

Bowles continues to punt knowing full well that his defense can't get off the field consistently. His coaching decisions have been horrific, it's too bad the Bills didn't come back & win when he forgot to go for two. He coaches like he's got this great defense, and Gailey calls pass plays on 3rd & short like he's got Aaron Rogers back there. Woody MISSED AGAIN, our freaking owner is a silver spooned MORON.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, billo83 said:

If Mr. INT doesn't throw an interception in the end zone with no Jet in sight, the ST play doesn't matter. At any rate how do you or anyone else know what would have happened if that play didn't occur? The fish certainly could have drove down the field and scored a touchdown anyway

The offense had more rushing yards and passing yards than the Dolphins, the defense played very well against the run, adequately against the pass.  Tannehill made mistakes, Fitzpatrick made mistakes.  Fitzpatrick wasn't trying to throw the ball into a spot where there were 3 Dolphins and 0 Jets, clearly there was miscommunication, it is just as likely a WR held up as it was Fitzpatrick threw to the wrong spot.  We'll find out.

The bottom line is that if your offense gives you a lead with 5 minutes left, you don't lose.  This happened against the Bengals on our defense, this happened today on our special teams.  Blaming the quarterback who threw a gutsy winning touchdown pass isn't the right move.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Excellent post. I lost a lot of respect for Mac when he signed this bum, especially when said bum rejected the initial ridiculous offer made to a career loser. 

Mac did not sign Bowles.  Woody did.  They both work for Woody.  That is why this team is so messed up.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The offense had more rushing yards and passing yards than the Dolphins, the defense played very well against the run, adequately against the pass.  Tannehill made mistakes, Fitzpatrick made mistakes.  Fitzpatrick wasn't trying to throw the ball into a spot where there were 3 Dolphins and 0 Jets, clearly there was miscommunication, it is just as likely a WR held up as it was Fitzpatrick threw to the wrong spot.  We'll find out.

The bottom line is that if your offense gives you a lead with 5 minutes left, you don't lose.  This happened against the Bengals on our defense, this happened today on our special teams.  Blaming the quarterback who threw a gutsy winning touchdown pass isn't the right move.

SAR I

Sorry, I'm not letting Fitz off the hook, he's been horrible in the redzone. Before both FGs he missed TDs. He's got a 6'-5" receiver & he throws the ball 5 yards over his head? He has another guy open & he throws the ball off a guys shoulder pad too low. Everything he's done in the redzone is way too speeded up, like he's playing scared, because he is. He has zero confidence in himself anymore, he's just no good, and Miami secondary is GARBAGE. Their LBs are pedestrian. His redzone play has killed the Jets this year. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So what's your excuses for Fitz for the other 100 interceptions or should have been intercepted. 

Gutsy winning TD throw? ROTFL!! It may have been if he hadn't thrown the inexcusable end zone INT. Miscommunication? I'm not buying it. The ball never should have been thrown. How many good QB's throw INTS like that? Fitz is throwing them at a unacceptable level. 

As to your other point - BS. Unlike the Jets, there  are many good offenses and QB's in the league and a small lead with 5 minutes to go is nothing. How many times have we seen a team score with 2 minutes left to go to win the game this year other than the Jets of course. 

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Sorry, I'm not letting Fitz off the hook, he's been horrible in the redzone. Before both FGs he missed TDs. He's got a 6'-5" receiver & he throws the ball 5 yards over his head? He has another guy open & he throws the ball off a guys shoulder pad too low. Everything he's done in the redzone is way too speeded up, like he's playing scared, because he is. He has zero confidence in himself anymore, he's just no good, and Miami secondary is GARBAGE. Their LBs are pedestrian. His redzone play has killed the Jets this year. 

I agree with all of this.

But...

When a 34 year old journeyman quarterback who has been pounded mercilessly by the Dolphins DL all day hobbles off the injury table to throw a dart of a winning touchdown pass with 5 minutes left, he's done his job.  From that moment forward, bad coaching, bad penalties, bad playcalling, and atrocious kickoff coverage all doomed us.  Yeah, yeah, I get the fact that if our quarterback threw 5 TD's in the first quarter it never comes down to a kickoff return, but that's not life in the NFL for any franchise, almost all games come down to the last quarter and in this instance our quarterback did his job.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, billo83 said:

So what's your excuses for Fitz for the other 100 interceptions or should have been intercepted. 

Gutsy winning TD throw? ROTFL!! It may have been if he hadn't thrown the inexcusable end zone INT. Miscommunication? I'm not buying it. The ball never should have been thrown. How many good QB's throw INTS like that? Fitz is throwing them at a unacceptable level. 

As to your other point - BS. Unlike the Jets, there  are many good offenses and QB's in the league and a small lead with 5 minutes to go is nothing. How many times have we seen a team score with 2 minutes left to go to win the game this year other than the Jets of course. 

This is Ryan Fitzpatrick you're talking about, not Tom Brady.  He has limitations.  He is supposed to manage a game dominated on defense with a power rushing attack.  He's not supposed to win it throwing the ball all over the place.

And all of that said, just like the Bengals game, Fitzpatrick did his job, did what he did successfully leading to 10 surprise wins in 2015, and another department screwed the pooch.  If special teams didn't go offsides, we have that game won.  We'd be talking about a 4 game winning streak, we'd be talking about Fitzpatrick's gutsy scrambles and gutsy leadership, we'd be talking about him gelling with Anderson.

Let's not be hypocrites here.

SAR I

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Take it easy on Warfish.  I heard he has Ryan Fitzpatrick starting on his fantasy team.

I don't play Fantasy Football.  I can't bring myself to root for someone who isn't a Jet (or worse, is on a rival team), so I pick all-Jet teams, then lose.

No fun there.

How any self-respecting Jets Fan can play FF and have, say, Tom Brady as their Fantasy QB.......

There is a term for this.  "Fairweather fan".
Enjoy the beach.

Wait, the guy is a moderator on a Jets forum and is spending his time in Puerto Vallarta posting on a Jets message board and you're calling him a fair weather fan? Wow you're a special kinda dick tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

Wait, the guy is a moderator on a Jets forum and is spending his time in Puerto Vallarta posting on a Jets message board and you're calling him a fair weather fan? Wow you're a special kinda dick tonight!

I'm a special kind of dick every night.

I'd say the 2012 Jets was about the most unlikable team  in recent memory.  the 2012 team really was punks and primadonna's on the football field who looked like they only cared about getting paid.   

this year's version has revis stealing money but everyone else looks like they are at least putting in effort.   there are also some young guys (especially at wr) who have shown promise and we will ultimately get a chance to see Petty / Hack at some point in this disastrous season.   

23 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This idea that we'd be 6-3 if the special teams didn't screw up is pure fantasy. Folk shouldn't have had his FG blocked in the 1st game if Bowles didn't have marbles for balls & went for it up 7-0 on the 4th down from the 1/2 yard line! 

Why kick off today backed up, we all know Folk couldn't reach the endzone ever until they moved kickoffs up. It's up to the coaches to decide what's the best way to approach it? Squib kick? I've seen belichick do that in the past, because he knows it's much harder to return a squib for a score. 

Bowles continues to punt knowing full well that his defense can't get off the field consistently. His coaching decisions have been horrific, it's too bad the Bills didn't come back & win when he forgot to go for two. He coaches like he's got this great defense, and Gailey calls pass plays on 3rd & short like he's got Aaron Rogers back there. Woody MISSED AGAIN, our freaking owner is a silver spooned MORON.

Agree with most of your post. I don't blame Woody though for the Bowles hiring. He hired very respected and successful football men to conduct the search. I can't blame him there. But his structure is stupid and mind boggling. The HC should report to the GM directly. Must be a control freak thing with Woody. It will be even more telling what he does with Bowles after the season. He doesn't have the balls to fire Bowles now. 

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is Ryan Fitzpatrick you're talking about, not Tom Brady.  He has limitations.  He is supposed to manage a game dominated on defense with a power rushing attack.  He's not supposed to win it throwing the ball all over the place.

And all of that said, just like the Bengals game, Fitzpatrick did his job, did what he did successfully leading to 10 surprise wins in 2015, and another department screwed the pooch.  If special teams didn't go offsides, we have that game won.  We'd be talking about a 4 game winning streak, we'd be talking about Fitzpatrick's gutsy scrambles and gutsy leadership, we'd be talking about him gelling with Anderson.

Let's not be hypocrites here.

SAR I

I'm not being hypocritical, I'm telling it like it is. Fitz sucks and is costing this team games. 

And a game manager Fitz is not. A game manager does not lead the league in interceptions and does not throw red zone interceptions like he does. Pennington was the classic game manager. Weak arm but threw very few interceptions, and had a high completion percentage. The only similarity to Penny is that Fitz has a noodle arm.

And again, you don't know if the Jets win if the ST play didn't happen. The fish could have scored a TD and burned clock with 5 minutes to go, especially with this defense. I noticed you conveniently didn't address this in your last post. 

I know you hate Geno, but you're the one being hypocritical with your excusing Fitz at every juncture. That end zone INT was inexcusable, period

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree with all of this.

But...

When a 34 year old journeyman quarterback who has been pounded mercilessly by the Dolphins DL all day hobbles off the injury table to throw a dart of a winning touchdown pass with 5 minutes left, he's done his job.  From that moment forward, bad coaching, bad penalties, bad playcalling, and atrocious kickoff coverage all doomed us.  Yeah, yeah, I get the fact that if our quarterback threw 5 TD's in the first quarter it never comes down to a kickoff return, but that's not life in the NFL for any franchise, almost all games come down to the last quarter and in this instance our quarterback did his job.

SAR I

It's the QB's job to throw end zone picks in the 4th quarter?  Then go three and out with 5 minutes left in the game. Where can I apply for this job? I'll do it for 1% of what that bum is getting and held out for

Normally I'd be easier on a guy like Fitz cause we all know he isn't the future and he played above himself last year. But I cannot for the life of me stand him. 

After the holdout and declaring that he franchise quarterback material. Then crying about getting benched that no one believes in him, I cant stand him. The red zone picks my god.

This team has holes as we are still rebuilding from ground zero Idzik regime, but with better quarterback play we are 5-4/6-3.

That game was a joke yesterday, two bad teams making silly mistakes and the penalties decided the game, it was comical to watch, the refs throwing dice to determine each play might have been more fun to watch (sure would cut down on injuries) 

No reason to hate, it's just bad football, the fish and Jets both deserved to lose that game, Browns and Ravens games were similar, Jets just won those games. The last CBA could be the reason for the ratings drop, there are not enough good players/coaches to field 32 NFL teams, MAC college football conference games look more competitive 

Maybe last year was like that too but the Jets won 10 game so even bad football was fun to watch compared to embarrassing

Rams game will be the same (another bad team) and Petty should start (if not we will have to watch 2 more games with Fitz, unless BB just lays down, benching all of his starters so we get Fitz for a few more games)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/please-jags-jets-and-rams-spare-us-from-your-terrible-starting-qbs/

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

This team has taken on the personality of its coach...it has none. Boring as boring can be. They always start slow on defense because they have no fire, they have no leaders, they play stupid ball, they don't even listen. 

Fitz can't lead because a leader has to be someone you can believe in. Does anyone on this board believe for one moment that these players don't know that Fitz can't beat a team with a winning record? 

What do you think they're thinking when he threw that balloon ball to 3 Dolphin defenders with not a Jet jersey in sight? There thinking I busted my azz for that? 

I was excited to see Petty take the field. It was a huge bummer to see Fitz come back in. I've never seen an organization that strives to be mediocre. The funniest thing that happened in the offseason was the fan fair the media gave to Fitzpatrick resigning with the Jets like our savior had arrived, lol. A 12 year vet that had never taken any team to the playoffs & has never beaten a team with a winning record on the road in 12 years. This team deserves everything it's getting, but the fans certainly don't!

Tremendous post. 

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Tremendous post. 

Not really, but he's right about one thing . This team deserves everything it's getting for sure and so do the fans . These fans wanted this QB back, not because they knew he would be good, but because they didn't want Geno Smith under center . What they failed to realize is that if Geno was what they all thought he was, Petty would be starting already . Hatred will blind you to just about every other option .

Usually do 1 all out game buy 1st row tickets tailgate enjoy a day/night at the stadium not this year. 

Decided I can spend my hard earned money elsewhere and get more satisfaction. 

Neighbor is offering me 4 tickets for the Rams game for free and I declined as well 

I didnt feel this remorseful during the Kotite era 

15 hours ago, Jetster said:

When was the last time you truly hated the NY Jets? 

This current team is easy to hate. I can't stand team right now. I can't stand to look at Bowles with his cigar store Indian act. I absolutely ABHOR Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets wasting time with him. I can't stand Chan Gailey, who has zero creativity, it's like I was transported back to the 1990s with his inside handoff for 1 yard, inside handoff for 1 yard, 3rd & 8, punt. I found it hilarious that he was so afraid to let Petty throw it in the redzone but they bring Fitz back in & he literally closes his eyes & throws a pick to a Miami defender with not a Jet in sight.

I hate our new 85 million dollar man Mo Wilk, or the invisible man as I like to call him. I hate Kacey Rogers with a passion. I hate Calvin Pryor. I hate the fact we're paying David Harris 8 million dollars (I don't hate Harris but he's done as an NFL player). I hate Revis & his ole tackling, I hate Skrine who literally holds on every play, I hate Sheldon Richardson & his stupid comments, I hate Marcus (Charmin) Williams, I hate Woody Johnson, especially when he wears his Jet hat with a suit on. 

I really hate this whole group but for a few youngsters. I hate the fact that Marshall, Decker & Mangold lobbied for the worst QB in football, stunting the growth of a guy like Petty. Nick Foles @ 1.8 million would have been a better decision than Fitz who will still cost us 5 million on 2017s salary cap.

I don't even know who our special teams coach is but does he know you can squib kick if you think your kicker can't get it to the endzone. I've seen Belichick do that a few times in close games, I'm sure Ernie Adams figured, don't give up a big return. 

I hate this team as much as I've ever hated some of the worst Jet regimes. Herm (barbecue) Edwards, Bruce Coslet, Rexs last year. I can't even put Rich Kotite in the mix because his team fought like hell, and he discovered Chrebet.

This is for sure one of the unlikeable Jet teams in history. It's amazing with this group of misfits that we're right up against the salary cap! You can see there's too many players here that don't give a sh*t, well neither do I. Like others here I'm not even watching unless they move on to Petty. I hope there's 30,000 empty seats next weak if Fitz gets the start.

It has been probably 20 something years. You have to go back to the 95-96 Jets to find a team even close to being, undisciplined, gutless, clueless, guys looking out for themselves instead of the team as this team is.

The only two vets on this team worth anything right now are Marshall and Forte. The rest of them ? Show them the door. Starting with  Mo, Richardson, Revis, Fitz, Pryor. Then go shows Bowles the door as well. 

The have become the Knicks. I watched Melo come in and basically destroy what Donnie Walsh was building because Dolan "Needed" that Superstar and now they are back to being a joke with Phil Jackson and his triangle offense, Coaches who can't coach Melo. An organization that has gone back to bringing in broken down superstars (Not their superstar egos though) in an effort to keep the fans interest. Guess what it didn't work for the Knicks and it sure as hell hasn't been working for the Jets.

I don't even know at this point what Woody can do. He is that clueless

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Not really, but he's right about one thing . This team deserves everything it's getting for sure and so do the fans . These fans wanted this QB back, not because they knew he would be good, but because they didn't want Geno Smith under center . What they failed to realize is that if Geno was what they all thought he was, Petty would be starting already . Hatred will blind you to just about every other option .

I still think he was right across the board;  I agree with you that the team should have let Geno and Petty battle it out in camp and preseason.  Excellent point about Petty probably starting already; the amount of hate for Geno bordered on the pathological, lol.  Folks got what the wanted... 

I actually cheered when Miami ran the kick back. Not just because I started their defense in fantasy, but because of everything this post said. I just don't give a sh*t anymore. I didn't even watch the last five minutes. I already knew the outcome.

I am amazed that Forte still gets the love he does around here to this point.  He's been generally horrible by my reckoning, gaining mostly useless/irrelevant yardage and getting buttstuffed every time it matters.  This team would literally be no worse off had we not signed Forte at all IMO.  The misuse of Powell is also criminal tbqh.

RB went from a strength, to a major "needs fixed next offseason" weakness.  Petty or Hack will both need a decent supporting run game, and Forte isn't it.

Just now, Warfish said:

I am amazed that Forte still gets the love he does around here to this point.  He's been generally horrible by my reckoning, gaining mostly useless/irrelevant yardage and getting buttstuffed every time it matters.  This team would literally be no worse off had we not signed Forte at all IMO.  The misuse of Powell is also criminal tbqh.

RB went from a strength, to a major "needs fixed next offseason" weakness.  Petty or Hack will both need a decent supporting run game, and Forte isn't it.

Forte was underused yesterday. And given how Ivory has failed in Jacksonville, he made the right move

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Forte was underused yesterday. And given how Ivory has failed in Jacksonville, he made the right move

ivory ran for over 100 yards yesterday hard pressed to have a decent running game with any RB when teams continually stack the box because of the QB's weak arm. 

Archived