League source comments on Sheldon trade value

AFJF

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I highly doubt he won't net a contract worth a 3rd.  The league view on him is that he's a great player being played out of position.  This "source" is likely bullsh*tting to get him at a low price via trade.  Honestly, he's an idiot, but Sheldon plays hard, no silly stupid Snapchat is gonna change that.

If he plays so hard, that people like to say, why hasn't he done a damn thing this season?

I haven't seen him standing up in over a month (I could be wrong). So to the narrative that he's playing out of position, is that really still accurate? 

Bishop was more active last night than Sheldon. 

No one will pay him Suh money.  He isn't worth that even if he was Andrew Luck in the locker room..  Heck I think it's clear that a DT is not worth that type of money, even when it is Suh.

Now with multiple character strikes against him, as well as a down year playwise...  forget it.  

19 minutes ago, C Mart said:

If he plays so hard, that people like to say, why hasn't he done a damn thing this season?

I haven't seen him standing up in over a month (I could be wrong). So to the narrative that he's playing out of position, is that really still accurate? 

Bishop was more active last night than Sheldon. 

In the games where him and Wilk aren't on the field together (usually when 1 of the 2 is hurt) he has shined. When I say hard, I mean that you can still find him playing with a mean streak and chasing down guys. When all three are healthy, he is usually the guy that gets shafted on snaps too, which would explain him doing nothing significant lately.  His game against the Rams is the best example I can give.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not cording any of his behavior, but I think we both know that teams will overlook A LOT when it comes to talented players.  He won't get a Suh deal, but I think he will get his money as long as he stays out of legal trouble.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If they cut him, that's 8 million off the books next season, same as it was with Coples. That said, the best they can hope for is your scenario to come to fruition. Not sure this team can put up with his rot much anymore. 

My bad, you are right. The 5th yr option is only guaranteed for injury. They can just cut him but then they would not get a comp pick.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

And again, if he walks, we get a 3rd.  Any GM would be an idiot to sell a player for equal or lower value. How are you still missing that point? 

You don't ask for a first because you think you'll get it, you ask for a first because it can possibly net you a high 2nd after playing hardball or a team who needs that "final piece" to put them over gets desperate and gives you what you want.  

How are you still thinking any team signs him to a big enough deal to warrant a compensatory 3rd?  You think other GMs don't see through him?  He will get a one year prove-it deal.

The asking price is irrelevant. That's not the discussion.  My take is on what he is actually worth.

And I still think a strong chance Sheldumb gets himself suspended for a year in the off-season.

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Keep him and give him another chance.  If he doesn't work out on D, put him at fullback.  We need one of those anyway.

No way. He's been given enough chances. Jets have enabled him enough. Dump him after the SB. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

How are you still thinking any team signs him to a big enough deal to warrant a compensatory 3rd?  You think other GMs don't see through him?  He will get a one year prove-it deal.

The asking price is irrelevant. That's not the discussion.  My take is on what he is actually worth.

And I still think a strong chance Sheldumb gets himself suspended for a year in the off-season.

Because a stupid little Snapchat that no one can even clearly hear (I think he said what most think he did, for the record) isn't going to be remembered by anyone next year, let alone when negotiations come up.  Players who have done far worse have gotten big time contracts.

The asking price is completely relevant whether you like it or not. You're suggesting that we trade a player, that we have control over for 2 more years if we want, for value that doesn't make sense for us unless you believe in panicking and selling.  If his value in a trade is THAT low right now, like you think it is, then f*ck it. Keep him and just let him walk when his deal is up.  That's why asking price is a part of the discussion.  Maccagnan has obligation to get the best compensation possible...as long as the value is right.  Trading him for a 3rd or a 4th would be absolutely STUPID.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because a stupid little Snapchat that no one can even clearly hear (I think he said what most think he did, for the record) isn't going to be remembered by anyone next year, let alone when negotiations come up.  Players who have done far worse have gotten big time contracts.

The asking price is completely relevant whether you like it or not. You're suggesting that we trade a player, that we have control over for 2 more years if we want, for value that doesn't make sense for us unless you believe in panicking and selling.  If his value in a trade is THAT low right now, like you think it is, then f*ck it. Keep him and just let him walk when his deal is up.  That's why asking price is a part of the discussion.  Maccagnan has obligation to get the best compensation possible...as long as the value is right.  Trading him for a 3rd or a 4th would be absolutely STUPID.

He's a missed or failed piss test from a very long ban. And he is dumber than a fencepost. 

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

He's a missed or failed piss test from a very long ban. And he is dumber than a fencepost. 

I'm not denying either of those things.  The thing is...he's a talented dumbass.  Teams will overlook a lot for a talented player, we all know that.  Sh*t, we did it with Santonio Holmes, despite the many warning signs. 

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I understand your point. But the snap chat is just one piece to a larger puzzle.  Mentioning just that one particular incident is ignoring everything else. He has several "snapchats" in his history.  Most of them worse.

And the GMs will not forget.  They know all of Sheldumb's transgressions and will take them into account.

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Or he has ruined his price by the snap chat video and the police chase. He has a sh*t attitude..no body wants to trade with that baggage attached.

Lets not forget the "pigs" comment while the riots were going on.  Some guys screw up and realize how bad it hurt them and shut up.  Some guys just don't ever figure it out.  

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Lets not forget the "pigs" comment while the riots were going on.  Some guys screw up and realize how bad it hurt them and shut up.  Some guys just don't ever figure it out.  

My issue is not so much with a "pigs" comment as a lack of significant production. The Ferguson cops ARE racist pigs. And he's from there, so I understand the emotion.

I don't understand 2.5 sacks and limited production otherwise.

37 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I understand your point. But the snap chat is just one piece to a larger puzzle.  Mentioning just that one particular incident is ignoring everything else. He has several "snapchats" in his history.  Most of them worse.

And the GMs will not forget.  They know all of Sheldumb's transgressions and will take them into account.

Santonio Holmes was suspended multiple times for pot, caught sending nudes, caught throwing a bottle at a woman in a club, and got into a minor "incident" over headphones on plane.  One good year without bad behavior and boom, he got his long-term deal with big money.  

GMs will easily forget things if the player is talented and signing him can help them win a Super Bowl. It would be naive to think otherwise.

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Based on what I heard, If I were Todd Bowles, I would suspend him for the remainder of the season.

Archived