$111,600,000

Jetster

When you look at the state of this organization at this moment its just really sad. The Jets have had great loyal fans forever & when you see the state of the team its heartbreaking being a fan. Just look at that figure above. The cap is 157,000,000. That figure consists of 7 players still playing on Sunday, Revis, Mo, Marshall, Harris, Skrine, Richardson & Folk, OMG!

Out of those 7 one player plays at 100% every week & that's David Harris (problem is he is way past his prime & is AT BEST a 2 down player). Revis quit early, Marshall quit after the QB change, has Mo even played? Don't hear his name often, Skrine is horrible & leads the secondary in penalties, Richardson has 2 freaking sacks! Folk? He's a f*cking kicker.

Then we have the guys that make up that cap number on IR, Mangold, Decker, Clady, Breno, Gilchrist, Geno Smith, Winters. Then we have the guys that round that cap number out who aren't even here & its just dead cap money, Dbrick, Milliner, Jarvis Jenkins, Kerley.

Need any more information on the sad state of this team? I don't think its ever been this discouraging going into an offseason. Even if you look at 1996 when we had 1 win, Parcells came in & went 9-7 in 1997. There ain't no way in hell this team can win 9 games next year. So even though as fans 1996 was a nadir for the Jets, it really looks like we'll all look back on 2016 as truly the worst year ever in the history of this team, and you all know that is saying a lot based on that history.

If you guys remember the great Lowell George with Little Feat sang, "I've been down, but not like this before, can't be round this kind of show no more", that has to be the feeling of many a Jet fan as we limp towards another azz kicking by the Cheaters and another one from our old coach who we gleefully kicked to the curb. Pretty,pretty,pretty bad our friend Larry David would say.

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The highest paid players on this team have been the biggest no effort guys.

That was the thing that completely shocked me. When you break down that $111,600,000 and see who the highest paid players are, they are either mailing it in or on IR. It's really unbelievable. There is so little young talent & so many vets mailing it in or on IR that you can't really quantify the play of the youngsters. Burris is playing with terrible safeties, there are 4 new starters on the Oline so how do you break down Pettys play behind them? How do you develop WRs when the QB doesn't have time to throw, the RBs with no hole to run through, a player like Lee, who's playing behind guys that are half assing it, or with Harris who can't run anymore & Jenkins who is also learning as he goes.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Yep!  2 years into a rebuild and the Jets need to rebuild.

Between nothing but terrible FA's and bad drafting over the last 2 years, the Jets are once again, terrible.  But it's cool Big Mac won executive of the year in 2015.  

Exec of the year and Mo Wilk and Sheldon are captains. LOL

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Between nothing but terrible FA's and bad drafting over the last 2 years, the Jets are once again, terrible.  But it's cool Big Mac won executive of the year in 2015.  

last two years?  time to get a little real.  mac is not responsible for any of the dead cap money with the possible exception of jenkins nor is he responsible for all of those high priced vets being on ir.  the drafting has been bad over the past 20 years.  mac, thus far, has drafted well.  you can have a beef about smith and hack but if hack pans out then it may have been one of the all time great picks.  and nobody could've predicted smith would've gotten injured last season.  especially in the ways he did.  this team is on schedule to start competeing in 2018.  last season was surprise in a good way.  this season is a surprise in a bad way.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

When you look at the state of this organization at this moment its just really sad. The Jets have had great loyal fans forever & when you see the state of the team its heartbreaking being a fan. Just look at that figure above. The cap is 157,000,000. That figure consists of 7 players still playing on Sunday, Revis, Mo, Marshall, Harris, Skrine, Richardson & Folk, OMG!

Out of those 7 one player plays at 100% every week & that's David Harris (problem is he is way past his prime & is AT BEST a 2 down player). Revis quit early, Marshall quit after the QB change, has Mo even played? Don't hear his name often, Skrine is horrible & leads the secondary in penalties, Richardson has 2 freaking sacks! Folk? He's a f*cking kicker.

Then we have the guys that make up that cap number on IR, Mangold, Decker, Clady, Breno, Gilchrist, Geno Smith, Winters. Then we have the guys that round that cap number out who aren't even here & its just dead cap money, Dbrick, Milliner, Jarvis Jenkins, Kerley.

Need any more information on the sad state of this team? I don't think its ever been this discouraging going into an offseason. Even if you look at 1996 when we had 1 win, Parcells came in & went 9-7 in 1997. There ain't no way in hell this team can win 9 games next year. So even though as fans 1996 was a nadir for the Jets, it really looks like we'll all look back on 2016 as truly the worst year ever in the history of this team, and you all know that is saying a lot based on that history.

If you guys remember the great Lowell George with Little Feat sang, "I've been down, but not like this before, can't be round this kind of show no more", that has to be the feeling of many a Jet fan as we limp towards another azz kicking by the Cheaters and another one from our old coach who we gleefully kicked to the curb. Pretty,pretty,pretty bad our friend Larry David would say.

you may think you have a grasp of the facts but what you have shown is a little meaningless unless it's compared with what the norm is.  i'm sure if you look around the league you'll find the bulk of the salary caps being eaten by a very small number of players.  look at the texans with watts, wilfork and osweiler.  look at any team that spends more than 20M on the quaterback.

it is true that this jets team is a mess.  it's not all due to motivation.  the defense isn't good because the players are playing stupid and out of position most of the time.  and much as people want to bash fitz, he didn't miss the fg's or get the punt blocked, or let the kick off get returned for a td, and so on.  and just as important, you take away fitz's and petty's turnovers and the jets are still negative.  that's all on a defense that doesn't know how to play.

I am actually in a comfortable place with this franchise.

First and foremost; Apathy. 

Second; Hopeful they finally plan to start building this thing with a foundation from the ground up, based ONLY on the draft.

Third; I have basically zero faith that they will execute this plan correctly  and draft the right guys.

Lastly; I believe, scratch that,  I know I could do a better job of scouting than the guys in Florham Park...  and that is sad.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Was exactly the problem.. we didn't rebuild..Mac came in trying to patch up, instead of rebuilding.. This is the result of trying to patch up the leaks instead of the slower route of putting a new foundation together.. More leaks eventually..

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

you may think you have a grasp of the facts but what you have shown is a little meaningless unless it's compared with what the norm is.  i'm sure if you look around the league you'll find the bulk of the salary caps being eaten by a very small number of players.  look at the texans with watts, wilfork and osweiler.  look at any team that spends more than 20M on the quaterback.

it is true that this jets team is a mess.  it's not all due to motivation.  the defense isn't good because the players are playing stupid and out of position most of the time.  and much as people want to bash fitz, he didn't miss the fg's or get the punt blocked, or let the kick off get returned for a td, and so on.  and just as important, you take away fitz's and petty's turnovers and the jets are still negative.  that's all on a defense that doesn't know how to play.

Whatever! All that rebuttal & they only thing you needed to say is this teams a mess.

2017 is probably going to be worse from a talent point of view, simply b/c of how much slash and burn we have to do, but at least there will be a future after 2017, and the team can once again move in the right direction. 

Also, I can get behind a young up and coming team that tries hard.  I can't get behind an old tired underperforming team that has mailed it in.

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

last two years?  time to get a little real.  mac is not responsible for any of the dead cap money with the possible exception of jenkins nor is he responsible for all of those high priced vets being on ir.  the drafting has been bad over the past 20 years.  mac, thus far, has drafted well.  you can have a beef about smith and hack but if hack pans out then it may have been one of the all time great picks.  and nobody could've predicted smith would've gotten injured last season.  especially in the ways he did.  this team is on schedule to start competeing in 2018.  last season was surprise in a good way.  this season is a surprise in a bad way.

He is responsible for the 5 million "Fitzy Special" next year that will hit the cap.

Woody Johnson was unwilling to be bad for a few years in order to organically build success.  Instead we were stuck with going "all-in" on a veteran team that had no shot at going deep in the playoffs.

If Woody is unwilling to do rebuilds the right way, then he needs to sell the team.

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Woody Johnson was unwilling to be bad for a few years in order to organically build success.  Instead we were stuck with going "all-in" on a veteran team that had no shot at going deep in the playoffs.

If Woody is unwilling to do rebuilds the right way, then he needs to sell the team.

The problem isn't going with veterans it's going with crappy veterans like Fitzgarbage.

Brady is the oldest player in the NFL hear any complaints about him?

10 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The problem isn't going with veterans it's going with crappy veterans like Fitzgarbage.

Brady is the oldest player in the NFL hear any complaints about him?

Veterans like Brady aren't to be had on the free agent market.  That's part of my point good sir.  They are usually of the Fitz-tragic variety.

Just now, jetscrazey said:

Veterans like Brady aren't to be had on the free agent market.  That's part of my point good sir.  They are usually of the Fitz-tragic variety.

Veterans like Faneca, Woody, Braylon Edwards, Tony Richardson etc gave you the best years of Jets football you ever saw 

7 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Veterans like Faneca, Woody, Braylon Edwards, Tony Richardson etc gave you the best years of Jets football you ever saw 

you can certainly find good veteran free agents and those guys did play well for the jets.  but looking for a qb is a little trickier.  the good ones will be kept by their teams and the rest will try to get huge pay days.  and if a team does want to sign a guy like fitz then there needs to be a whole lot of other parts that are working, including the defense.

15 hours ago, rangerous said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that on most teams the bulk of the cap is eaten up by a small number of players - but the Jet's issue is that those players are awful.  That's not the norm!

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that on most teams the bulk of the cap is eaten up by a small number of players - but the Jet's issue is that those players are awful.  That's not the norm!

i got that but at the same time they weren't awful when they were signed.  i don't think there was much push back when any of those guys came in. the biggest black mark against bowles is that the players are not executing, especially the secondary.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i got that but at the same time they weren't awful when they were signed.  i don't think there was much push back when any of those guys came in. the biggest black mark against bowles is that the players are not executing, especially the secondary.

Actually, it's the GM's job to sign the proper people.  My job or "Anyone" other than the team's management isn't to make player judgements - they are being paid to do so, do quality research and use their years of experience to earn their paychecks as professional talent evaluators.

The management of this team (past and current) have failed to put together a team capable of competing with quality NFL teams.  This team is in horrible condition. 

22 hours ago, JiF said:

Competitive rebuild over full rebuild. Don't like it but I understood why he did it. Afraid of getting run out of town

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I hate this thinking. Jets have had good QBs since Namath. 

total of 3 very good seasons since 1969.   vinny, chad, farvuh.  this team has won 1 outright division title since I started following them in 1982

ONE

Just now, Larz said:

total of 3 very good seasons since 1969.   vinny, chad, farvuh.  this team has won 1 outright division title since I started following them in 1982

ONE

3 very good seasons? Dumb.

O'Brien in the mid 80s led the AFC in passer rating. Over Marino. 

And don't give me outright division title. They've won 2 division titles since 1998. More than the Buffalo Bills have in the same time period.

Archived