All Coaching Rumors here please..

NYJ37/12

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini)

1/24/17, 12:08 PM

Saints WRs coach John Morton talked with the Jets about their offensive coordinator job and remains a candidate,... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

coming to a head. We should have someone in place by the end of this week.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The pats are a smart team, they see a guy who has elements that can help them win and inquire about him.  Kelly would be a much better oc than anyone we are going to get.

It was a wisecrack, brah

29 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini)

1/24/17, 12:08 PM

Saints WRs coach John Morton talked with the Jets about their offensive coordinator job and remains a candidate,... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Maybe they would try to sign Matt Barkley?  Was his QB at USC.

33 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Hackenberg failed under Franklin and that fraud of an oc he had. They changed everything about Hack, from his footwork to his stance. Terrible coaching hurt Hack, not O'Brien. You left out Fitz.

Yes indeed, he was no ultra world beater under Obrien either to be honest 20 tds 10 ints 59% comp.  In any case I'll stick by my assertion that he has done almost nothing to warrant the kind of love he is getting around here.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes indeed, he was no ultra world beater under Obrien either to be honest 20 tds 10 ints 59% comp.  In any case I'll stick by my assertion that he has done almost nothing to warrant the kind of love he is getting around here.

He was a true freshman and you are entitled to your opinion.

Have to tell you, this article concerns me about the leadership.  If Bowles really knew before the season that Gaily was retiring and other coaches did not know, why select a young QB to groom?  Also knowing that your QB coach was not being promoted to offensive coordinator.  Did Bowles share that with MaCcagnan?  Again, if Bowles had the full year of knowledge that this was happening, you would think that he would have a plan on who the next offensive coordinator would be to join his staff.  This one struck a nerve with me and raises more questions for me:  http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/01/jets_todd_bowles_breaks_silence_on_chan_gaileys_re.html#incart_river_index

39 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

Have to tell you, this article concerns me about the leadership.  If Bowles really knew before the season that Gaily was retiring and other coaches did not know, why select a young QB to groom?  Also knowing that your QB coach was not being promoted to offensive coordinator.  Did Bowles share that with MaCcagnan?  Again, if Bowles had the full year of knowledge that this was happening, you would think that he would have a plan on who the next offensive coordinator would be to join his staff.  This one struck a nerve with me and raises more questions for me:  http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/01/jets_todd_bowles_breaks_silence_on_chan_gaileys_re.html#incart_river_index

The answer is that Bowles fired his ass, but the organization gave Gailey the ability to say he "retired" based on his long service in the league. If people can't see through the 'retired' crap, I really feel for them.

Chuck Gentry hired as Lebanon football coach

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/12/21/chuck-gentry-hired-lebanon-football-coach/95658990/

LEBANON — Former Cookeville offensive coordinator Chuck Gentry was named the next head football coach at Lebanon on Wednesday morning.

Gentry, who has served as an assistant under Cookeville coach Jimmy Maynord for the past 15 seasons, replaces former Lebanon coach Sam Harp, who resigned in late October.

“(I’m) very excited about this opportunity. It’s one I have dreamed about my whole life — being a head football coach,” said Gentry, a 1994 Smith County graduate. “I look forward to competing in Class 6A — the highest classification in the state — and trying to take this football program back to where it is supposed to be.

“We’re going to start from ground zero and hit the ground running.”

While Lebanon struggled mightily during Harp's stint as head coach, posting a 6-36 record in four seasons, the program’s problems predate the Kentucky High School Hall of Fame coach’s tenure.

The Blue Devils have compiled a 32-144 (.182) record over the past decade. They haven’t posted a winning season since 2006, and their last playoff victory came in 2004.

“I told (the players) three things — toughness, attitude and discipline,” Gentry said. “All I want from them is everything that they’ve got. Each one brings something different to the table, and the thing I like about coaching is the relationships you get to build with young men."

Gentry, who played collegiately at Cumberland, spent one season (1998) as an assistant there. He also has made assistant coaching stops at Smith County (2002-12) and Cookeville (2013-16) — both under Maynord.

“We’ve been together for 18 years,” Gentry said of Maynord, who hired him as Smith County’s junior high coach in 1999. “I owe a lot to Coach Maynord, and basically what you’ll see on a Friday night is what a Jimmy Maynord football team would look like.

“I’m going to try hard to emulate that as best as possible.”

Reach Michael Murphy at 615-259-8262 and on Twitter @Murph_TNsports

http://footballscoop.com/high-school-scoop/

Seneca (SC): Seneca HS is searching for an offensive minded football coach. Seneca HS is located about five miles from Clemson University.This coach will need to be able to coach OL or QB’s. Must also be or can get certified in Math,English or possibly Science. No phone calls, please e-mail resume to hcapps@oconee.k12.sc.us.

https://tapps.biz/positions-available/

Positions Available

Arlington Grace Prep Academy is seeking a Head Volleyball Coach. This is a stipend only position. Other positions within the school may be available to the qualified candidate. The ideal candidate is experienced and has a track record of success within a TAPPS, UIL or collegiate setting. Strong Christian values and the ability to mentor young women is a must.
Visit www.graceprep.org for a full job description. Send letters of interest and resumes to careers@graceprep.org

Posted (1/24/17)

- See more at: https://tapps.biz/positions-available/#sthash.zHcpILjc.dpuf

Arlington Grace Prep Academy is seeking a Head Volleyball Coach. This is a stipend only position. Other positions within the school may be available to the qualified candidate. The ideal candidate is experienced and has a track record of success within a TAPPS, UIL or collegiate setting. Strong Christian values and the ability to mentor young women is a must.
Visit www.graceprep.org for a full job description. Send letters of interest and resumes to careers@graceprep.org

Posted (1/24/17)

- See more at: https://tapps.biz/positions-available/#sthash.zHcpILjc.dpuf

1 hour ago, section314 said:

The answer is that Bowles fired his ass, but the organization gave Gailey the ability to say he "retired" based on his long service in the league. If people can't see through the 'retired' crap, I really feel for them.

I believe him I don't think far fetched esp for a 60something guy who has been around...his handling of hack backs it up too

10 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Really ??? The Jets have two young QB's and no OC. I know there's not a lot that can be done in terms of player interaction. But I want an OC in here pronto, breaking down film and establishing a plan that will be firmly in place so that the team hits the ground running once team activities start.

Furthermore, you need to know what offense you'll run to help prioritize your draft board. Not signing an OC soon can turn into a big problem.

The last point you make is the crucial one.  How can you just draft guys. You want players that compliment the OC's system. 

9 hours ago, section314 said:

Yes, I get it, the whole thing with letting Gailey "Retire" to go out in respectful way instead of saying he was "fired."  This article "Perception wise" makes Bowles/organization look more incompetent with no immediate plan even if he knew by the Kansas City game or the Bills game at the end of the season that he was not retaining Gailey.

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 

Colts have hired former Bills WR coach Sanjay Lal as their wide receivers coach.

Yet another organization that refuse to take the knowledgeable advise of the Jet Fan Base .   Some of these decision makers just don't get it or are just to dumb to realize the truth .

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Yet another organization that refuse to take the knowledgeable advise of the Jet Fan Base .   Some of these decision makers just don't get it or are just to dumb to realize the truth .

Sanjay and Schotty. What a team they have going on there! I feel really bad for Andrew Luck. 

21 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The naysayer jets fans have been right about just about everything they have talked about over the years.  The happy happy joy joy fans have been wrong about just about everything they have put their name to.

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The naysayer jets fans have been right about just about everything they have talked about over the years.  The happy happy joy joy fans have been wrong about just about everything they have put their name to.

Yet another win for you and your bunch .  With all that winning, why are you guys so miserable ?

So let's see.

There are not that many places for Tom Clements to go. Rams would probably be the only one right now that would be in contention because the Browns and Texans are not going to have OCs.

Rams have a slightly better Qb situation, though neither are great. However, if the Jets promise Clements to get him a QB, he might come here.

Add to that a shot at a HC job if Bowles gets fired and we have a case.

41 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So let's see.

There are not that many places for Tom Clements to go. Rams would probably be the only one right now that would be in contention because the Browns and Texans are not going to have OCs.

Rams have a slightly better Qb situation, though neither are great. However, if the Jets promise Clements to get him a QB, he might come here.

Add to that a shot at a HC job if Bowles gets fired and we have a case.

lol, the Falcons?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Rumor is that Chip Kelly is in the lead for that job. But even so, we can get him before the Falcons have a chance to ask. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

Rumor has it, eh? Before of after the Clements news? 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Rumor has it, eh? Before of after the Clements news? 

Before, clearly. 

I don't think it's going to happen, I think the Jets are locked in on Godsey. But if the Jets want ti pursue him, they have a window in which to work. Throw the works at him,

High salary, HC possibility etc.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Before, clearly. 

I don't think it's going to happen, I think the Jets are locked in on Godsey. But if the Jets want ti pursue him, they have a window in which to work. Throw the works at him,

Clements was Buffalo's OC when Mularkey was their HC. So he could find his way to TN for some type of position under Mularkey

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Before, clearly. 

lol, yes Bowles should undermine himself trying to hire a castoff OC

you make so much sense

Archived