Jet QBs in the Last 10 Years

The_Butt_Fumble

Season(s) Quarterback (Games)
2016 Ryan Fitzpatrick (10) / Geno Smith (1) / Bryce Petty (4)
2015 Ryan Fitzpatrick (16)
2014 Geno Smith (13) / Michael Vick (3)
2013 Geno Smith (16)
2012 Mark Sanchez (15) / Greg McElroy (1)
2011 Mark Sanchez (16)
2010 Mark Sanchez (16)
2009 Mark Sanchez (15) / Kellen Clemens (1)
2008 Brett Favre (16)
2007 Chad Pennington (8) / Kellen Clemens (8)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Mark Sanchez took us to back to back AFC Championship Games 2009-2010 that outweighs the bad in his career here thats my opinion. 

He was along for the ride in those years. I wouldn't say "he took us to back to back AFC Championship Games. 

Sanchez managed the games well his first 2 seasons. But Rex never coached him up and Mark regressed in his 3rd and 4th seasons. Part of Rex Ryan's downfall was his inability to develop offensive talent. The Jets offense would have totally imploded were it not for the offensive line Mangini put together. Same thing is happening to Rex up in Buffalo. Now the Jets have 4 QBs on the roster, but none of them are the future franchise QB - unless Christian Blaize Hackenberg pans out? 

6 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

Sanchez. Was along for the ride. He DID play well in the playoff games though. Never gonna be in the big game with any of those jacks.

Ah, so it was Bart Scott who led the Jets on 5 epic 4th quarter comebacks in the 2010 season turning a 6-10 record into 11-5.

I must have forgotten how he led the offense to overcome blown leads against the Broncos, Browns, Texans, Lions, and Steelers. 

Like I said, watch the games. This ridiculous narrative of how Sanchez was "carried" by the defense is ludicrous.

SAR I

Damn I miss Chad as well, but there is a very common theme with that list: either the QB's are backups or are starters with no arm strength. Chad, Sanchez, Fitz all noodle arms. Favre had a good arm until he had that injury and couldn't throw a 15 yard out.

In the northeast, you have to have a strong arm. Let's hope that our decision makers finally get this. 

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It kinda sucks that this is only for the last 10 years, it should really just be post-Vinny. Because when you start at that point you get to add in Bollinger, Jay Fiedler, and Quincy Carter.

What a ******* ride eh?

Quincy Carter ; wasn't that Wonder Woman ?

I still don't get the Pennington love on this forum.  The guy made a career throwing 2 yard dump offs.  Touchdown drives were 13 play marathons.  I know he was a tad better pre-injuries but injuries are part of the game.  Plus even pre-injury he was still over-rated.  At his best he was an okay QB, but one who was very limited. 

He wasn't even that good a guy either btw.  What an honor it was for reporters to watch him throw 2 yard passes!  I bet half of the reporters had a stronger arm than Chad.

7 hours ago, The_Butt_Fumble said:

Sanchez managed the games well his first 2 seasons. But Rex never coached him up and Mark regressed in his 3rd and 4th seasons. Part of Rex Ryan's downfall was his inability to develop offensive talent. The Jets offense would have totally imploded were it not for the offensive line Mangini put together. Same thing is happening to Rex up in Buffalo. Now the Jets have 4 QBs on the roster, but none of them are the future franchise QB - unless Christian Blaize Hackenberg pans out? 

sanchez never matured.  from the hot dog incident to his tryst with eva longoria he just didn't understand the position he was placed in.  but he did have some talent and played well in the playoffs.  imagine if he didn't get hurt at the end of preseason in 2013.  geno took that team to 8-8. sanchez might've gotten two more wins.

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

sanchez never matured.  from the hot dog incident to his tryst with eva longoria he just didn't understand the position he was placed in.  but he did have some talent and played well in the playoffs.  imagine if he didn't get hurt at the end of preseason in 2013.  geno took that team to 8-8. sanchez might've gotten two more wins.

The fans LOATHED Sanchez back then.  He would've had to overcome some serious fan hatred.  I think he would've struggled mightily. 

He was along for the ride in those years. I wouldn't say "he took us to back to back AFC Championship Games. 

Than you must not have watched the games mark Sanchez played his best football down a few points and with two minutes left on the clock. A good hand full of the games those years we were down by 3 or 6 and he led us down for a last minute touchdown.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Than you must not have watched the games mark Sanchez played his best football down a few points and with two minutes left on the clock. A good hand full of the games those years we were down by 3 or 6 and he led us down for a last minute touchdown.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I never discredited him for his come from behind heroics. 

8 hours ago, The_Butt_Fumble said:

The biggest part of Sanchez' downfall was the removal of his primary weapons after 2010. Jets released Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery, Thomas Jones, Alan Fanaca and brought in Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason and made Shonn Greene the primary ball carrier. That is a negative on all sides. Plus they had Wayne Hunter and Vlad Ducasse on the o-line and they were revolving doors. If Jets had kept the guys they let go things may have been different.

Archived