Why hasn't that loser Brant Boyer been fired yet?

He was certainly the worst coach on staff and that is not an easy thing to accomplish with the current group. The guy is totally clueless. Westhoff would point out Special Teams gaffs every week. FIRE HIS ASS!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, #90 said:

He was certainly the worst coach on staff and that is not an easy thing to accomplish with the current group. The guy is totally clueless. Westhoff would point out Special Teams gaffs every week. FIRE HIS ASS!!

They aren't going to fire the special teams guy after a year for a variety of reasons. Mostly because the bottom part of this roster (special teams players) is a god damned dumpster fire. Between injuries to regulars and having to elevate the decent special teams players to regular starting roles and the fact that they haven't recovered fully from a slew of misses from Idzik's drafts, there just isn't a lot of bottom half (or top half for that matter) talent on this roster to play specials. The special teams were bad but that's an indictment on the roster structure more than the coach. I mean how many 4th string QBs and tight ends can run down and make tackles? There was no sense in firing this guy. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

It's tough to judge a ST coach who only has rookies and PS bums to work with.

Just like the rest of the teams. Boyer has a long way to go.

If his unit has fundamental breakdowns and lousy approaches again it's on Bowles this time.

Ok, my bad. One other team was worse. 31st says it all. F-ing horrible in every aspect! Did anyone watch the after game show each week? I guess that Mike Westhoff doesnt know anything about special teams.

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Just like the rest of the teams. Boyer has a long way to go.

If his unit has fundamental breakdowns and lousy approaches again it's on Bowles this time.

What other teams lost as many man games to their opening day starters as the Jets did? None. Other teams aren't trotting out the 5th and 6th string middle linebacker on specials and a rookie punter. That just wasn't happening elsewhere. There's not much depth on this team because a lot of guys who should have been in their 3rd or 4th year just simply aren't on the team anymore because Idzik drafted terribly. 

5 minutes ago, #90 said:

Ok, my bad. One other team was worse. 31st says it all. F-ing horrible in every aspect! Did anyone watch the after game show each week? I guess that Mike Westhoff doesnt know anything about special teams.

Complaining about the special teams in a 5-11 year is foolish. If it doesn't get better next year the whole staff is gone. There can only be so much turnover in a year you aren't firing the head coach. They need some consistency and not firing the specials coach is fine given the massive changes today.

And please stop giving Westhoff more credit than he deserves. He was a solid coach but the fact is his special teams his last few seasons were garbage. If he wants to coach again he's welcome to it, but all he's doing is commentating and Monday morning quarterbacking. He's been relegated to being an analyst for a reason. 

Boyer doesn't come across as anyone's fool. While the ST needs work in some situational circumstances and could use some real stud return guy, I wasn't expecting Desmond Howard level out of them this year either. Rookie Punter etc.

I concur with people above, if 2017 is bad they will all be gone anyway.

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So ex-NFL player, NFL asst coach is being called a loser. 

This place is a cesspool. No substantial football talk just this guy sucks, this move sucks, let's go 0-16 next year. 

What a bunch of miserable "fans". 

Adios

Eh give it a couple weeks, maybe things will calm down.

6 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Eh give it a couple weeks, maybe things will calm down.

I fear that we have found our new "Fitz". It's Bowles. Now we will go back and forth pointing good things and bad things about Bowles.

I said once that on here, all the threads devolve and are essentially into "________ sucks" threads. And I'm not insulting anybody, that's just how I see it

This place is a cesspool. No substantial football talk just this guy sucks, this move sucks, let's go 0-16 next year. 
Adios

Pretty much on target CMart.

Still hoping for some action to clean out some of the worst of the misery wallowers so this place can remain the best forum for Jet discussion

1 hour ago, #90 said:

And Westhoff himself has said that it's not his fault.  That because of injuries and the always changing personnel that it's impossible to field a consistent, good ST unint to blame the ST coach is wrong.  

1 hour ago, #90 said:

I guess you don't know Mike Westhoff, he likes him. 

53 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adios

Wanting to go 0-16 and finally land this teams first real franchise QB (Namath had a couple of good years and then fell apart) is a bad idea?

We aren't talking about tanking for a question mark. We're talking about a kid that everyone agrees is a can't miss franchise QB.

Maybe you're the foolish one rooting for us to be average next year. 

The only way next season is a success is if Petty, hack become unquestioned franchise QBs or we put ourselves in position to draft one. 

Plus, have you seen bowles coach? Even if we had a good roster he isn't the guy to lead us to the promised land. Any moron can see that.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Wanting to go 0-16 and finally land this teams first real franchise QB (Namath had a couple of good years and then fell apart) is a bad idea?

We aren't talking about tanking for a question mark. We're talking about a kid that everyone agrees is a can't miss franchise QB.

Maybe you're the foolish one rooting for us to be average next year. 

The only way next season is a success is if Petty, hack become unquestioned franchise QBs or we put ourselves in position to draft one. 

Plus, have you seen bowles coach? Even if we had a good roster he isn't the guy to lead us to the promised land. Any moron can see that.

Yeah because 0-16 guarantees a QB.  Yeah, it's an awful idea and plan.  

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They aren't going to fire the special teams guy after a year for a variety of reasons. Mostly because the bottom part of this roster (special teams players) is a god damned dumpster fire. Between injuries to regulars and having to elevate the decent special teams players to regular starting roles and the fact that they haven't recovered fully from a slew of misses from Idzik's drafts, there just isn't a lot of bottom half (or top half for that matter) talent on this roster to play specials. The special teams were bad but that's an indictment on the roster structure more than the coach. I mean how many 4th string QBs and tight ends can run down and make tackles? There was no sense in firing this guy. 

Carl great post!  Special teams failure was thanks to Mike Maccagnan and his roster wheeling dealing everyone says we have depth other than WR and QB we dont have squat the special teams coach was dealt a bad hand. 

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah because 0-16 guarantees a QB.  Yeah, it's an awful idea and plan.  

It actually does for 2018 draft. And we're lucky enough to have the coaching staff and players capable to do that. 

We just can't allow macc to bring in a guy like Romo. Don't get me wrong, I'd be rooting for them to win but I'd know it's not going to end in a title and we'd miss out on a once in a lifetime chance at a franchise QB.

Darnold...One time!!

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It actually does for 2018 draft. And we're lucky enough to have the coaching staff and players capable to do that. 

We just can't allow macc to bring in a guy like Romo. Don't get me wrong, I'd be rooting for them to win but I'd know it's not going to end in a title and we'd miss out on a once in a lifetime chance at a franchise QB.

Darnold...One time!!

Really? 

Like it did to get Reggie Bush? 

Remember a year ago when Watson was can't miss? 

Things change fast.  Almost as fast as never taking a USC QB

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Really? 

Like it did to get Reggie Bush? 

Remember a year ago when Watson was can't miss? 

Things change fast.  Almost as fast as never taking a USC QB

First you are comparing him to a RB then you compare him to Watson??? Really?

Have you ever watched College football? Watson is a gimmick. A very talented gimmick. Much like Cam. He may be a good NFL QB. But no one was ever saying he was a can't miss QB Prospect. They just projected out his talent and assumed that there are always QBS taken at the top of every draft and he was possibly that guy. He may still be that guy in a weak draft class. But Darnold is already an NFL QB. He isn't a Jared Goff/watson type of prospect. He is an Andrew Luck/Manning. That's the difference. 

I've been posting in this, and other Jets forums for years, NEVER have i advocated for a tank. This just happens to be the perfect storm. The player is a year away and we just so happen to be terrible. We aren't talking about breaking apart a playoff team here. We are talking about getting out of our own ways. 

Let's start the season with Hack/Petty/random rookie QB we draft late. Draft some OL help and help on defense. But let's not go out and bring in another Fitzpatrick or sign guys like Revis. If Hack emerges as a stud then great, if not we will go 1-15. Either way, great. 

42 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

First you are comparing him to a RB then you compare him to Watson??? Really?

Have you ever watched College football? Watson is a gimmick. A very talented gimmick. Much like Cam. He may be a good NFL QB. But no one was ever saying he was a can't miss QB Prospect. They just projected out his talent and assumed that there are always QBS taken at the top of every draft and he was possibly that guy. He may still be that guy in a weak draft class. But Darnold is already an NFL QB. He isn't a Jared Goff/watson type of prospect. He is an Andrew Luck/Manning. That's the difference. 

I've been posting in this, and other Jets forums for years, NEVER have i advocated for a tank. This just happens to be the perfect storm. The player is a year away and we just so happen to be terrible. We aren't talking about breaking apart a playoff team here. We are talking about getting out of our own ways. 

Let's start the season with Hack/Petty/random rookie QB we draft late. Draft some OL help and help on defense. But let's not go out and bring in another Fitzpatrick or sign guys like Revis. If Hack emerges as a stud then great, if not we will go 1-15. Either way, great. 

Having a hard time? Point is the can't miss guys of next year don't always work out that way.  

I don't believe in tanking.  You aren't going to find a GM/org that is going in with a plan to tank an entire season, a whole year away for anyone.  And I'd bet no one with the team thinks that they can't be a playoff team next year with the right QB

6 hours ago, #90 said:

Who?

7 hours ago, C Mart said:

Adios

Dude please stick around for those of us that want to hear what you have to say and are actually interested in substantial football talk. Hard to argue with you though

10 hours ago, C Mart said:

Adios

Yea C Mart, please stick around . I won't promise you that it will get better, because I try real hard not to lie . I will tell you that I look forward for your post because they're informative . So please stick around . I have so many here on ignore it's ridiculous .

Almost every year there's a "can't miss" QB prospect coming along that we MUST tank for ... then he turns to average or worse, or maybe gets injured, and it's all just so much talk.

I still recall people advocating Tank for Teddy, because Bridgewater was going to be THE GUY!!!! How did that work out?? He was lucky not to fall out of the 1st round completely.

I guess the grass is always greener next year ... :rolleyes:

When a coach or a player signs on with the Jets, it's usually just not that person, but their family if they have a family . For the most part, I would venture to say that most coaches don't have the time to socialize on the message boards of their teams, but it's almost a certainty that some member of their family does .  Imagine you're that family member and you log on only to read your dad is a loser, or your brother, or son or even daughter . 

Some of you folks ought to be a shame of yourself  with some of the comments I have to read . It's ok to be upset, and it's ok to want change, but personal insults against people you have very little knowledge about is wrong .  Questioning someone's intelligence base on what happens on a football field to make yourself feel better is miserable . What's more is all this is ruining a really nice message board

Sermon over.

That is all .

When a coach or a player signs on with the Jets, it's usually just not that person, but their family if they have a family . For the most part, I would venture to say that most coaches don't have the time to socialize on the message boards of their teams, but it's almost a certainty that some member of their family does .  Imagine you're that family member and you log on only to read your dad is a loser, or your brother, or son or even daughter . 
Some of you folks ought to be a shame of yourself  with some of the comments I have to read . It's ok to be upset, and it's ok to want change, but personal insults against people you have very little knowledge about is wrong .  Questioning someone's intelligence base on what happens on a football field to make yourself feel better is miserable . What's more is all this is ruining a really nice message board
Sermon over.
That is all .

Sadly you are preaching to sane people. That does not include a handful of posters here that need not be mentioned because those sane people know exactly who they are

As a PSL holder, with a stake in this mess, they should fire this special teams coach.  If this guy was worth anything, there would have been a lot if a$$es chewed out on the sideline.  How many times did we have to see guys running the ball out of the endzone only to end up between the 10 and 15 yard line?  To me that is coaching and accountability.  There was none as it happened repeatedly.  So here we have another coach who did not hold players accountable.  Sh!7 starts at the top and flows downstream.... 

Archived