What the Heck is Cleveland going to do

SickJetFan

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

You're right! 

Clearly the Jets can find a QB, three O-Lineman, a TE, an edge rusher, a DT, two OLBs, two CBs, a FS, and a SS in one off-season.

Why didn't I think of that?!?!

Can be done in two years if done right. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

You're right! 

Clearly the Jets can find a QB, three O-Lineman, a TE, an edge rusher, a DT, two OLBs, two CBs, a FS, and a SS in one off-season. And that assumes Darron Lee can play.  And I didn't see anything to make me think he can.

Lol

That the Jets organization doesn't know WTF they're doing. 
And that the Browns, the Cleveland Effing Browns, are a full year ahead of the Jets in a rebuild.

The browns who have been in desperate need for a qb for ages traded away Carson wentz. If whoever they end up drafting number one overall doesn't pan out their entire front office will be fired again and they will start all over again.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BrickzNY said:

Can be done in two years if done right. 

That is a big stretch with soooo many holes.  And the Jets never get EVERYTHING right.  And that is what it would take.

Most of the time, the Jets don't get anything right.

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

That is a big stretch with soooo many holes.  And the Jets never get EVERYTHING right.  And that is what it would take.

Most of the time, the Jets don't get anything right.

Well yeah that is the reality of our situation. Just saying it could be done if we actually get it right two off seasons and drafts in a row. Which is why I thought we brought Macc in because of his great scouting. 

3 minutes ago, BrickzNY said:

Well yeah that is the reality of our situation. Just saying it could be done if we actually get it right two off seasons and drafts in a row. Which is why I thought we brought Macc in because of his great scouting. 

The problem is blue-chip tackles are taken early in the draft.  And they aren't great in year one either. 

Two years is virtually impossible with holes at both tackle spots.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

It's not about wins next season, or even the season after...you short-sighted dinglenuts.  Neither of these teams are going anywhere next season.  A rebuild is about acquiring premium picks, and building a foundation of hungry youthful players and high character veterans... around some combo of the franchise stalwarts of QB, OL, pass rusher and CB.  Sustained success is the goal.  Not winning 5 games instead of 3.  It is a 4 year process, at best.

The Browns are further along.  Just a matter of plan execution.

I have been hearing about the great Browns turnaround for a decade now that never comes. My 8 year old cousins plays with heart doesn't mean he's Gona win. It's a mess of an organization with an awful team that managed one win last year. Please stop saying the Browns are ina better position then is. Makes you sound silly

6 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The Browns are in better shape than the Jets.

The Browns have nothing.  Anywhere on their roster, it's how you struggle to get 1 win.  They're nowhere near better shape than anyone in the NFL.  Or further along.  

Keeping Bowles after watching the effort the last 4 or 5 games was a huge mistake by the Jets. You lose with effort no problem but what I seen with the Jets was a disaster. I have the football package and I watched some bad teams but the effort was always there except for the last game Buffalo played against us. Bills flatly did not play that game.

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Browns have nothing.  Anywhere on their roster, it's how you struggle to get 1 win.  They're nowhere near better shape than anyone in the NFL.  Or further along.  

They have the youngest roster in the NFL and tons of draft capital the next 2 years.  They also have a superb HC (who went 6-0 in the AFC West with the Raiders back when they were terrible) and a front office that embraces analytics.  They're in excellent shape moving forward, better than that franchise has been in a long, long time.  Arguing otherwise is not really living in reality. 

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

The browns who have been in desperate need for a qb for ages traded away Carson wentz. If whoever they end up drafting number one overall doesn't pan out their entire front office will be fired again and they will start all over again.

Wentz was/is a very good prospect, but not a slam dunk.  Hence why the Browns were lower on him than other franchises were and were willing to pull the trigger on a trade. 

Would you trade two first rounders, a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for Wentz?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They have the youngest roster in the NFL and tons of draft capital the next 2 years.  They also have a superb HC (who went 6-0 in the AFC West with the Raiders back when they were terrible) and a front office that embraces analytics.  They're in excellent shape moving forward, better than that franchise has been in a long, long time.  Arguing otherwise is not really living in reality. 

That suberb hc went 1-15 but at 5-11 you want bowles head

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm talking about their roster.  They have nothing.  Young but nothing is nothing.  Draft capital is great, agreed,  it they have to do something with it, there are no guarantees.  So yes, they have room for improvement, they have draft picks but there is no arguement that they have a better roster right now or will moving forward.  Not sure how failing spectacularly makes a HC superb.  He seems ok, but hasn't proven anything yet.  Using this thought process Bowles won 10 with a flawed roster and Fitz as his QB.  

The only thing we know is that they're going to have to catch up to everyone first before being better than others.    Until that happens they're a really bad team. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wentz was/is a very good prospect, but not a slam dunk.  Hence why the Browns were lower on him than other franchises were and were willing to pull the trigger on a trade. 

Yes.  Especially after getting a nice pile of picks for Bradford.  In a second

Joe Thomas, Terrelle Pryor, Corey Coleman, and Jamie Collins is not nothing...  Not alot.  But not nothing. 

Their 2017 draft picks are;

Two 1sts.

Two 2nds.

A 3rd.

Three 4ths

Three 5ths.

A 6th.

A 7th.

Plenty of opportunities to add more.  As the above poster said, as long as they don't hire Idziot anyway...

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

That suberb hc went 1-15 but at 5-11 you want bowles head

Simplistic view of the situation.  They're in the middle of a complete overhaul of the roster.  The plan was to be competitive in about 3 years.  If they really wanted to go 6-10 they could have spent an exorbitant amount of money (they have the cap space to do it), but chose not to, because that's a dumb way to build a team.

The Jets, meanwhile, have no plan. 

15 hours ago, rangerous said:

maybe but kessler did show some ability before getting hurt.  if they pick a qb with their first pick then that pretty much ends his career as a brown.  it's kind of like what happens to hack if the jets use their first round pick for a qb.

I think the only thing that make sense for them is to pick Watson then use the rest of their picks to build around him.  Even picking Watson with 1st they have so many picks they are likely to reach on a lot their picks and they will end up cutting more established players instead of maybe bad picks which was premise of thread....nothing to do with jets other than watch Cleveland waiver wire.

Try this, do Fanspeak but choose Cleveland and pretend you are drafting for jets for all 7 rounds.

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I think the only thing that make sense for them is to pick Watson then use the rest of their picks to build around him.  Even picking Watson with 1st they have so many picks they are likely to reach on a lot their picks and they will end up cutting more established players instead of maybe bad picks which was premise of thread....nothing to do with jets other than watch Cleveland waiver wire.

Try this, do Fanspeak but choose Cleveland and pretend you are drafting for jets for all 7 rounds.

you're right.  the browns have made a ton of picks over the past 4 seasons and still have many of the picks are still on the team.  picking watson may not be such a bad plan though they'll likely overpay if they use the first pick.

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Joe Thomas, Terrelle Pryor, Corey Coleman, and Jamie Collins is not nothing...  Not alot.  But not nothing. 

Their 2017 draft picks are;

Two 1sts.

Two 2nds.

A 3rd.

Three 4ths

Three 5ths.

A 6th.

A 7th.

Plenty of opportunities to add more.  As the above poster said, as long as they don't hire Idziot anyway...

They should hire John Idzik to help them manage all those picks. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc better be on the phone with Cleveland what can we offer you for the #1 or the #12 pick we need immediate impact players here and now. 

This would be an idiotic year for the jets to trade up since no Qb is franchise worthy.  I'd rather mac be on the phone and ask what they will give us to swap the 6th pick for their 12th, more than likely a 2nd and a 4th rounder kind of action.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This would be an idiotic year for the jets to trade up since no Qb is franchise worthy.  I'd rather mac be on the phone and ask what they will give us to swap the 6th pick for their 12th, more than likely a 2nd and a 4th rounder kind of action.

You're right because we have such a solid roster especially at the QB position. 

On 1/15/2017 at 2:34 PM, SickJetFan said:

With all those picks

If I am jets I am watching very carefully when they do cut downs next summer because they will have to cut some good young players to make room.

Would love to pickup Browns' garbage. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You're right because we have such a solid roster especially at the QB position. 

Who do you like for the jets at 6?  Hey if the Jets really like a guy at Qb you take him 100% for sure. But you do not force a guys va;lue to rise just becasue of need, that is what gets you jake locker, blaine gabbert, christian ponder  etc etc

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So you did read my response to your post about this topic that is on the draft forum?:D

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Simplistic view of the situation.  They're in the middle of a complete overhaul of the roster.  The plan was to be competitive in about 3 years.  If they really wanted to go 6-10 they could have spent an exorbitant amount of money (they have the cap space to do it), but chose not to, because that's a dumb way to build a team.

The Jets, meanwhile, have no plan. 

uhm maybe they didnt spend because they cant...just because they have room doesnt mean every ownership has 50 million under their mattress to spend whenever

22 hours ago, RoadFan said:

You're right! 

Clearly the Jets can find a QB, three O-Lineman, a TE, an edge rusher, a DT, two OLBs, two CBs, a FS, and a SS in one off-season. And that assumes Darron Lee can play.  And I didn't see anything to make me think he can.

TE - Im ok with ASJ and Bostik - wouldnt mind a draft pick but not urgent

DT? huh

OLB - Im ok with Jenkins, Mauldin, Bishop, (see if they keep Lemonier, Martin) - clearly THEY CAN find upgrade in either draft and\or FA (im hoping for KcKinley personally)

CB - Im ok with Burris, Roberts, and even Skrine - clearly THEY CAN find upgrade in either draft and\or FA (im hoping for Gilmore personally)

FS\SS - Im ok with Miles, Middleton, even Pryor - clearly THEY CAN find upgrade in either draft and\or FA (im hoping for late round like Xavior Woods personally)

OLB - I am not too pleased with Lee but there is potential - clearly THEY CAN find upgrade in either draft and\or FA (i think this draft is loaded with them actually) - depending on how draft goes will decide Harris fate

OL - Im ok with Ben, Carpenter, Wesley, Qvale, Shell- clearly THEY CAN find upgrade in either draft and\or FA

This one obviously needs more work

Mangold is tricky - if he can prove he is 100% during PS then i keep him and tender Wesley as insurance, if Mangold not 100% then cut him (either way i try to draft one of the C (Pocic (my pref choice), Toth, or Fuller)

LT - I resign Ben and then try to draft Cam if not bring in a decent FA  - not every team has blue chip LT

RG - I let Winters go - done with him - I resign Qvale and let him and Dakota fight it out (either way i try to draft one or bring in a 2nd tier FA for competition)

My best case scenario is CAM, CARP, MANGOLD, BEN, SHELL as my starting line in 2017 - not a mauling line but good for young QB (CAM being wild card)

Petty, Hack, Fitz QB (i'd be happy with)

I'd part ways with B Marshall and Sheldon

anywho - I think there are lots that can and will be done - FA period will tell us a lot

and I get it this forum is 95% SOJ sky falling drama queen fans so they will never see any half glass but whatevs

I certainly would not but if I could get him for free because he landed on my draft position I don't think I would have traded him away when I have no qb on my roster

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

On 2017-01-15 at 4:18 PM, SickJetFan said:

I think they almost HAVE to take QB with 1st pick.  They cannot risk the QBs being off board by their 2nd pick.  It doesnt make sense to take so many players in 1 year unless 1 of them is QB..   How are they going to expect to pay these guys in 4 years when all their contracts start running out just when they are all getting in their prime.

They don't have to risk waiting until the 2nd round.  They have the 1st overall and the 12th. 

They can take the best player with the 1st pick (Myles Garrett) and take a QB with the 12th pick.

Archived