Random tweet - Jets staff in Mobile

Sarge4Tide

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think as a general matter this is a good scouting team.  They have found some good players in the draft and UDFA process.

Where they need to do better is in strategy and judgment.  Is is worth taking a flyer on a QB in the second round?  Do you draft the edge rusher rather than the DE, even if the DE is better, if you already have 2+ DEs?  Do you pay the RG all that money?  This is where a football czar can help shed some light.

This draft will really show how they scout talent with a top pick in every round.  Let's see how it goes.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Same garbage every single post . This board sucks .I think I'm going to hang out at the Hampur for a little while

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Amazing the clowns here: 1) think they can do better 2) know what the heck they are even whining about every day 3) think they are funny 4) would fit perfectly on The View

How does coming in here every day miserable make one feel better about themselves? If the Jets cause you to be this miserable why not find something else to enjoy.

Its ok to make fun of and criticize but man they are neither funny or original and  predictable 3, 2, 1

Mac just announced that his is reinstating the Idzik staff/player parades into the stadium prior to every home game.  The picture was taken shortly thereafter.  Everyone is checking their LinkedIn accounts to see if any hiring managers or recruiters viewed their respective profiles over the last few days.

51 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Mac just announced that his is reinstating the Idzik staff/player parades into the stadium prior to every home game.  The picture was taken shortly thereafter.  Everyone is checking their LinkedIn accounts to see if any hiring managers or recruiters viewed their respective profiles over the last few days.

Bringing back the drum line.............

Image result for ny jets drumline pics

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t hate the guy personally.  i don;t hate any of the players personally at all.

I disliked the Lee pick for the following reasons.

- A small speed ILB was not at the top of the needs or value list for me at 20th overall.

- Because of his size he has to be a niche play making LB, he is going to get destroyed long term if he has to be David Harris.

- Pre draft some Ohio State fans questioned his instincts and tackling.

Now after the draft he has shown the following to me. 

- He is as fast as advertised and moves from sideline to sideline well.

- He makes some good tackles when in pursuit.

- He takes awful angles and can't cover hardly at all, which was supposed to be a big reason to draft a small speed linebacker.

- He's soft when having to make plays head up

- He made almost no impact plays for the team, no turnovers. half a sack, he did nothing to suggest he was a play maker.

Can he become a good player?  Yup, he is not a write off like I view Hackenburg.  i just did not like the value of the player from day one.

Well thought out and well stated point of view.

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

Amazing the clowns here: 1) think they can do better 2) know what the heck they are even whining about every day 3) think they are funny 4) would fit perfectly on The View

How does coming in here every day miserable make one feel better about themselves? If the Jets cause you to be this miserable why not find something else to enjoy.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's not the misery in and of itself that's fun. It's saying something negative and watching the local Mensa chapter have a sh*t hemmorhage as they try to explain how a team that went 5-11 is actually loaded with young talent.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well there you go. So why are you so against him. I know you claim you can get him later but if linebackers are being paid 50m, it seems that their values are going up

Another fun thing: watching people make arguments like "other players also exist, some of whom are good and some of whom are bad, so how can you be mad when a Jets player is bad? QED"

32 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's not the misery in and of itself that's fun. It's saying something negative and watching the local Mensa chapter have a sh*t hemmorhage as they try to explain how a team that went 5-11 is actually loaded with young talent.

I just like to weaponize misery, really.

33 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Sociopath.

22 hours ago, dbatesman said:

That's easy . With pretty much the same cast, a journeyman QB with a checkered past had a special yr and won 10 games . He came back to reality and the same cast of characters won 5 games .

Once upon a time, a HOF QB led his team to a winning season .He was forced to miss the following year and pretty much the same team won enough games to get them the top QB prospect to come out in years according to many . 

This might go over your head, so pay close attention .  The NFL is all about the QB, and either you have 1 or you don't . The Jets tried out 3 hoping to find 1, and thus far haven't . The search continues .

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Go apply for the Job since you appear to be more qualified .

On the date of the famed Idzik draft, 95% of the fan base, whether they followed the draft or not would have had a better draft than Idzik did. 

At this point in time a hell of a lot of dumb ass fans would have had better 1st, 2nd round picks that what Maccagnan has had.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

On the date of the famed Idzik draft, 95% of the fan base, whether they followed the draft or not would have had a better draft than Idzik did. 

At this point in time a hell of a lot of dumb ass fans would have had better 1st, 2nd round picks that what Maccagnan has had.

Another better qualified Candidate.  My Jets are missing out .

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Another better qualified Candidate.  My Jets are missing out .

'Your' jets have stunk for a long long long time other than a bit of success for a few years hear and there.  Some people actually want this team to get good and win something.  Others are happy to clap like trained seals and view every new regime which we change a ver 3 or 4 years to be awesome sauce that should never be questioned.

And hey, aren't you the one to lobby each year at draft season for the jets to take olineman early and they never do other than one year?

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well I know for one my pick would of been Brandin Cooks in 2014 so I guess I already would of done better.

Are you quite sure . What would happen if you were the lone voice wanting to take Cooks ?  The Job of a GM is to provide his HC with the best talent  that HC deems best suited for the schemes the team runs . The HC doesn't want that guy, and his OC doesn't think he's a good fit.  Do you the GM still draft the player  ?

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Are you quite sure . What would happen if you were the lone voice wanting to take Cooks ?  The Job of a GM is to provide his HC with the best talent  that HC deems best suited for the schemes the team runs . The HC doesn't want that guy, and his OC doesn't think he's a good fit.  Do you the GM still draft the player  ?

An outside-the-box answer is to have the GM hire the HC so these sorts of disagreements are minimized. 

Again, crazy, I know.

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Yeah I'm still sure.

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

An outside-the-box answer is to have the GM hire the HC so these sorts of disagreements are minimized. 

Again, crazy, I know.

On a football team, other than the owner, the 2 most important people are the HC and the QB . The HC determines the direction of the football team and it's the job of the GM to acquire players that fit the direction the team is heading . Who should hire whom again ?

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

On a football team, other than the owner, the 2 most important people are the HC and the QB . The HC determines the direction of the football team and it's the job of the GM to acquire players that fit the direction the team is heading . Who should hire whom again ?

You've given me a lot to think about here

Archived