NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

And pay him more then Brady?  That should be interesting

Exactly!!!  It's easy to say they'll tag Garrapolo but at over $20 million with Brady sitting

there???  On top of that Brady has always given Kraft & Belichick hometown discounts

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

And pay him more then Brady?  That should be interesting

Why not?  If they view him as QB of future tough to just let him walk unless they can find a suitable replacement between now and next yr.  

Brady won't care. I think they'll have a ton of cap room

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Why not?  If they view him as QB of future tough to just let him walk unless they can find a suitable replacement between now and next yr.  

Brady won't care. I think they'll have a ton of cap room

Well I'm not as confident as you that "Brady won't care" that his back up is making $22 M while he is making $15 M.  If they bump Brady up to Garrapolo status, (didn't even feel right typing that) They will have $45M tied up in QB's.  With one of them sitting on the bench.  Really don't see that happening

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Well I'm not as confident as you that "Brady won't care" that his back up is making $22 M while he is making $15 M.  If they bump Brady up to Garrapolo status, (didn't even feel right typing that) They will have $45M tied up in QB's.  With one of them sitting on the bench.  Really don't see that happening

Then at some point you have to think they flip Garappolo and one way another get a young QB to groom. 

It'll never happen but a scenario like Garappolo for a #1 (possibly another pick) and say a Hackenberg (Pats then develop him).  

Just using the above as an example as opposed to just letting Garappolo walk and only get back a comp 3rd, at best. 

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Then at some point you have to think they flip Garappolo and one way another get a young QB to groom. 

A tag and trade is possible, but I think most NFL GM's will know what's up, and wait it out.  garrapolo has shown some upside, but what has he really done to be worth $22 M, or be worth a high draft pick in a draft that appears to be loaded at QB?

Just now, flgreen said:

A tag and trade is possible, but I think most NFL GM's will know what's up, and wait it out.  garrapolo has shown some upside, but what has he really done to be worth $22 M, or be worth a high draft pick in a draft that appears to loaded at QB?

Because he can step right in and play. I don't care who the '18 drafted QB is he won't be as ready as Garappolo 

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Oh no.  The kerleyites will be out spouting his 120 catch potential in new england.  Hahahahahaha.

Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73)

9/2/17, 2:52 PM

I would consider bringing Kerley back. He's experienced, clutch, can return punts (or fair catch them) _ and Gailey's not here anymore twitter.com/JETSFAN124/sta…

Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL)

9/2/17, 2:51 PM

The Jets should take Kerley back....

FYI.  Lombardi's son is a Jets Asst Coach  

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Because he can step right in and play. I don't care who the '18 drafted QB is he won't be as ready as Garappolo 

Maybe, maybe not.  Just have a hard time seeing  a GM paying over $ 20M for an unproven QB.  If Garappolo is tagged at 22, he is going to want in that area.    Not really a Jets issue so I guess I don't really care

36 minutes ago, flgreen said:

That's just what's on the books.  Brady gets side-income from the contract his supplements business has with the Patriots.  Of course we're not supposed to know about that though so keep it just between us.

17 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Just have a hard time seeing  a GM paying over $ 20M for an unproven QB.  If Garappolo is tagged at 22, he is going to want in that area.    Not really a Jets issue so I guess I don't really care

Yeah, it ain't gonna happen.  The market will be set on how much other teams are willing to pay him.  I think the Pats have a lot of leverage in keeping him as the heir apparent to Brady, or they'll just trade him.

58 minutes ago, C Mart said:

High high super high possibility Garappolo is fools gold just like Kassel and Mallet. Look the NE offense is just better, even without Brady. Belichick is not only the best HC in the NFL, but the best DC and also the best OC. If they had Hack he would look like a superstar, and people would be clamoring to trade for him as well.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Larger rosters.  At this point teams would have been down to 75, but now they have extra room.  Meanwhile, they have 20 guys they normally would have cut already taking up space on their rosters.  

Exactly what sense would it make to cut Decker and then sign Kerley .

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

It'll never happen but a scenario like Garappolo for a #1 (possibly another pick) and say a Hackenberg (Pats then develop him).  

Just using the above as an example as opposed to just letting Garappolo walk and only get back a comp 3rd, at best. 

Lol if the Jets did that, NE would get Darmold and Belichick will coach until he is 90 and has 10 SBs as HC

The 49ers just signed Kerley to a new deal in April and he was their most productive receiver last season. So hard to understand why they are willing to get rid of him and lose money. It will take a few days for things to sort out but we'll probably sign a tight end and potentially an O lineman. 

Archived