I'll take any of these 8 players at #6 and be Happy

Sarge4Tide

Assuming Myles Garrett goes #1, there are 8 players I'd be very happy with at #6, in order of happiness 

1. Leonard Fournette 
  2. Marshon Lattimore 
  3. Jamal Adams
  4. Malik Hooker
  5. OJ Howard
  6. Corey Davis
  7. Rueben Foster
  8. Dalvin Cook 

IF they take a QB, I guess I could live with that. If either Jonathan Allen or Solomon Thomas drops to us, it might be hard to pass up, but that would suck 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, J-Diddy said:

Mike Williams WR is the wise choice.  We need to score some points.  Aint gonna happen with Enunwa and Robbie Anderson.

Mike isn't passing it to himself, but I agree. You draft a QB when you have pieces in place for him to succeed. 

Just now, j4jets said:

No thanks for Lattimore. Don't need another injury prone CB. Not at #6. If Allen and Thomas are there at #6, you trade down a few spots and pick up another 3rd or so. 

if the guy didn't hurt his hammy again at the combine i think i would have been ok with him.  but man, he seems to have some bad hamstrings!

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

if the guy didn't hurt his hammy again at the combine i think i would have been ok with him.  but man, he seems to have some bad hamstrings!

Im thinking Jets aren't the only team that would take precaution with him. Hamstring for a CB is essentially a torn rotator cuff injury for a QB. I feel like Lattimore will take a huge hit on his draft position. Mid to low 1st round IMO. And even then, I wouldn't wanna trade up. He won't be there at our 2nd pick but thats about where I would draft him with the "chronic" hamstring risk he carries. 

Lattimore has dropped off my own want list ... we need corners, badly, but I'd rather have a good guy for all the games than a great guy for only some of them. Plenty depth in this draft at corner.

The guy is really love to see us get is Howard. If we can trade back and get him so much the better. But if we're looking at offense and a guy who'll make plays / help out a young QB, this guy fits the bill for me. Rather him than a RB / WR in round one IMO.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Assuming Myles Garrett goes #1, there are 8 players I'd be very happy with at #6, in order of happiness 

1. Leonard Fournette 
  2. Marshon Lattimore 
  3. Jamal Adams
  4. Malik Hooker
  5. OJ Howard
  6. Corey Davis
  7. Rueben Foster
  8. Dalvin Cook 

IF they take a QB, I guess I could live with that. If either Jonathan Allen or Solomon Thomas drops to us, it might be hard to pass up, but that would suck 

2 of these players interest me, and I can replace both with players drafted in the 3rd round  .  I can use my 1st 3rd round pick to take Mixon  who will be a PR nightmare but is comparable to Cook or even better .

I can then use my late 3rd round pick on Richmond FS David Jones .

That leaves me my 1st and 2nd round picks to add whoever I want .  If both Watson and Trubisky are on the board at 6, I'm looking to trade down . If 1 is gone, I'm taking the other . You can't play this game without a QB, and as far as I know, we don't have 1 . Maybe Mac & Bowles know different, but I can't assume that .

If round 3 goes the way I want, I like Trubisky and Willis with the 1st 2 picks .

QB

ER

RB

FS

Best case scenario is a trade down.  Re our regime:

- I do not think they value RBS high even if Mac said they would be okay taking one.

- I do not think they will take a Wr high, as they think they have it all figured out with the semi success of WR late in draft and udfa last year.

- They would like a pass rusher but I do not think the value of one that fits scheme will be there.

- Pressure will be on via coaching to take a D playmaker as the head coach and his D stunk like rotten cabbage last year.

Two running backs, an inside linebacker, a safety who's had two surgeries in the last six weeks, and an eye-rolling acknowledgment that I guess we'll settle for the freak edge rusher if we have to. If I had to guess, I'd say this is an exact replica of Maccagnan's board.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Two running backs, an inside linebacker, a safety who's had two surgeries in the last six weeks, and an eye-rolling acknowledgment that I guess we'll settle for the freak edge rusher if we have to. If I had to guess, I'd say this is an exact replica of Maccagnan's board.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

2 of these players interest me, and I can replace both with players drafted in the 3rd round  .  I can use my 1st 3rd round pick to take Mixon  who will be a PR nightmare but is comparable to Cook or even better .

I can then use my late 3rd round pick on Richmond FS David Jones .

That leaves me my 1st and 2nd round picks to add whoever I want .  If both Watson and Trubisky are on the board at 6, I'm looking to trade down . If 1 is gone, I'm taking the other . You can't play this game without a QB, and as far as I know, we don't have 1 . Maybe Mac & Bowles know different, but I can't assume that .

If round 3 goes the way I want, I like Trubisky and Willis with the 1st 2 picks .

QB

ER

RB

FS

Greg Cosell didn't give a ringing endorsement for Trubisky

Greg Cosell @gregcosell

Here's my complete evaluation of Mitch Trubisky. Always remember the objective is to project and transition to the NFL. I welcome comments.

This season will be a lost season. Would rather trade back is the mid or high teen with a team willing to trade a 1st in 2018. In that range there should still be a handful of studs to select from. Those being selected top 6 not only are highly talented but they are expected to have an immediate impact which isn't necessary for this non-contending scrub Jets team. I wouldn't mind taking it even further in trading to the 20s for a package the Falcons gave up for Julio (1st and 2nd rounder along with a 1st the following season). I wouldn't even demand for the extra picks the Falcons had to throw in on top of that. 

In 2018 with the assets in cap space and ammo in the draft and Brady being a year older is when we should strike.

Adams would be a solid pick.   He definitely could be our Landon Collins across the hall.

I have a felling that if we pick one of the RB's, the other one we don't pick will be the better player.  That is just the whoa is me, Jet feeling.  

Lattimore scares me.

I won't be mad if we pick a QB.  Watson over Trub because I think he has the "it factor".

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Greg Cosell didn't give a ringing endorsement for Trubisky

Greg Cosell @gregcosell

Here's my complete evaluation of Mitch Trubisky. Always remember the objective is to project and transition to the NFL. I welcome comments.

I have to tell you C Mart that I don't give a hoot what these experts say about a prospect . Mike Mayock is the supposed best analyst out there, and last year he told the world that the most ready to play QB on day 1 was Jared Goff .  I watch game film and formulate my own opinion, and my opinion is that the kid has the right size, arm strength, quick release ability to read the entire field and doesn't wilt under pressure . He's played in all types of weather conditions and is to my knowledge clean off the field  . 

He's my top target in this draft after Myles Garrett . I'm either trading down in the 1st or the 2nd if the opportunity presents itself . I could probably get Mixon later in the 3rd and I would like a 4th so I can go after Jones in that round and look at that CB Sidney Jones with that last pick in the 3rd . I intend to draft a QB every yr until I find 1 .

On a side note, the most interesting late round QB to me is Joshua Dobbs .

3 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Absolutely no on Lattimore.  Have the Jets ever drafted someone out of OSU who was not hot garbage (Ghoulston, Devon Smith, Boarhunter, etc. etc.) ?

Where did Nick Mangold Play college ball ?   Darren Lee is a good player who's coming off a productive rookie season . 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Mike isn't passing it to himself, but I agree. You draft a QB when you have pieces in place for him to succeed. 

I would much arather have a QB who makes my receivers better (Brady) than the other way around.  So I do not draft a wideout numero uno when we have no QB

7 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Absolutely no on Lattimore.  Have the Jets ever drafted someone out of OSU who was not hot garbage (Ghoulston, Devon Smith, Boarhunter, etc. etc.) ?

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This post is all you need to know about why you don't pay a center.  

Or kicker.  Or fullback for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Where did Nick Mangold Play college ball ?   Darren Lee is a good player who's coming off a productive rookie season . 

I am not sure what the purpose was in drafting Lee. I did not see some guy swalllowing TEs whole last year.  And he is not a run stopper.  Quantities of tackles do not make you a stopper.

36 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Is Thomas a freak edge rusher?

Archived