Report: Jets, Maccagnan Chasing Daniel

JetNation

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

Is Mac really chasing anyone or just doing due diligence. Every day it's Mac is chasing this player or that player. I'm sure all fans have noticed that all the news we are getting from the media is at best guessing. My guess would be let's see what these guys are about, and if the price is right, we move forward or we have the info in our back pocket in case we need them later.

C'mon man.  Don't be like me!  One was enough!

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's not an accomplishment. But it's not bottom of the barrell either. Stop treating it like that.

They just plain sucked. Not end of the world doomsday bottom of the barrel sucked. They were just bad.

Comparing them to the Kotite Jets (which some people have) is ridiculous and out of line

Not doomsday? They released a slew of vets are in rebuilding mode. What more proof do you need? They are starting over with young guys and have blown it up at almost every level yet you say its not bottom of the barrel time? Come on. Optimism is on thing but blindness is quite another.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Not doomsday? They released a slew of vets are in rebuilding mode. What more proof do you need? They are starting over with young guys and have blown it up at almost every level yet you say its not bottom of the barrel time? Come on. Optimism is on thing but blindness is quite another.

Who brought absolutely nothing in value last year. Fitz sucked, Revis Sucked, Marshall was bad, Mangold was hurt.

If you subtract 0 from something, you get no difference. And due to the Parcells theorem, If we were 5-11 last year and we lost no one of significance, right now before schedules and any other factors, we are the same value.

To be clear I don't know what will happen.  But my understanding is that the Jets will be meeting with Cutler.  It may be that giving other Qb's a look is in part to let Cutler know he's not their only option.

Of course it would be different if the Jets said they were not interested in Cutler.  But they have not said that. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Who brought absolutely nothing in value last year. Fitz sucked, Revis Sucked, Marshall was bad, Mangold was hurt.

If you subtract 0 from something, you get no difference. And due to the Parcells theorem, If we were 5-11 last year and we lost no one of significance, right now before schedules and any other factors, we are the same value.

LOL. Parcells theorem? I'm not even going to bother with that one because it will start a whole $hitstorm of Parcells lovers and their loyalty to that man. Have you seen the Jets schedule? I have. They are gonna have a hard time this year my friend, and with the players on this roster so far your theorem is going to be worth jack $hit.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Parcells theorem? I'm not even going to bother with that one because it will start a whole $hitstorm of Parcells lovers and their loyalty to that man. Have you seen the Jets schedule? I have. They are gonna have a hard time this year my friend, and with the players on this roster so far your theorem is going to be worth jack $hit.

That's why I said before schedules. 

47 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Exactly.  Cutler likely wins enough games to put you out of the running for a top QB in the draft.

If Daniel is good, you have you're QB.

If not, you draft one next year.

Exactly. Daniel can come in and compete for the job with Hack and Petty. If any of them emerges as the clear-cut starter, then the Jets have a QB to build around.

If none of them do, the Jets will have a very high draft pick next year.

Of all the veteran options, Daniel makes the most sense. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How many guys has he chased this offseason?  No one wants this job.

That's right, nobody wants to be a QB. None of these guys, who spend their whole lives trying to be "that guy", want to come to NY and be "that guy" in a scenario where the job is there for the taking and the bar couldn't be set lower for success. Nobody wants to take advantage of that situation at all.

55 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

What you posted makes absolutely no sense . If no one wanted this job, then why are so many interviewing for the Job. People want the job, but the Jets don't plan on being held up by a bunch of second rate bandits . The Job of QB is available at our price, take it or  mosey .

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

What you posted makes absolutely no sense . If no one wanted this job, then why are so many interviewing for the Job. People want the job, but the Jets don't plan on being held up by a bunch of second rate bandits . The Job of QB is available at our price, take it or  mosey .

That price is just a lot lower than what these QBs are expecting.  They are probably asking for starter money but these guys are just backup type players with the possibility of starting in the right circumstances.  Plus these free agents are thinking they are the long term solution to the Jets QB problem, while the Jets are probably just looking for a mentor-type QB that could possibly start a few games.

56 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's not an accomplishment. But it's not bottom of the barrell either. Stop treating it like that.

They just plain sucked. Not end of the world doomsday bottom of the barrel sucked. They were just bad.

Comparing them to the Kotite Jets (which some people have) is ridiculous and out of line

It's worse than last place. You suck, but then you get rewarded with no chance to become relevant for another year.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Joe jets I actually agree with this if we arent drafting a QB at 6 then lets go get Oweiller stop wasting time on all the bottom feeder QB's available in free agency. 

So Osweiler would be your example of a non-bottom feeder, then? 

1 hour ago, bigalbarracuda said:

I'd rather have Chase Daniel (on a short contract) than Jay Cutler. 

I would rather have a short Jay Cutler than have the Jets Chase Daniel.

(Not really, but I just wanted to try and reverse engineer that sentence lol).

I would much rather have Daniel on the cheap than Osweiler, Cutler, or any of the other veterans who would come with a bigger price tag, but more importantly, would also be automatically anointed the starter.  At least with Daniel in the fold, Petty and Hackenberg will be able to legitimately complete for the starting job, which is what I would like to see happen (unless the Jets draft a QB which I doubt), seeing that 2017 is going to be a rough year in terms of wins.  At lest the Jets can spend the year finding out once and for all if Petty and/or Hackenberg are legit NFL QB's. 

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

This is even better then what I said about osweiler.   Sign him cheap and let him battle with the kids.  Loser gets cut, winner starts and other is back up.  

He could be a player, but many here will say he sucks cause he has not played a lot. 

Agreed.  Tyrod didn't play either till he joined the Bills, after that he did a admirable job. 

32 minutes ago, jbeachboy said:

i wonder who will take the cheapest contract, probably chase daniel, he has no leverage or much experience, cutler will probably ask for alot.

I think Daniel as well, he has the most to gain from this. Nobody else is going to give him a chance to start.

42 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

He's young and still an unknown. He beat the crap out of the sb champs on mnf

He didn't "beat the crap out of them" but he did win the game

I'm not a big Osweiler guy but he is absolutely better than any Qb we had last season

5 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

What would you have us do? Sign Cutler, Romo and McCown and go for it all?  And my "it all" I of course mean 7 wins.

This offseason is a hot mess.  Mac  and Bowles are both gone next January hopefully Trump can give Woody a bunch of tasks as ambassador and he gets overwhelmed and sells the Jets and we move on from this dark period

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

That price is just a lot lower than what these QBs are expecting.  They are probably asking for starter money but these guys are just backup type players with the possibility of starting in the right circumstances.  Plus these free agents are thinking they are the long term solution to the Jets QB problem, while the Jets are probably just looking for a mentor-type QB that could possibly start a few games.

If I tell you I'm interested in you as a backup mentor who might have the opportunity to start in a pinch, why would you then tell me you want to be paid 7-8 mil per or more  ?

Archived