McCown in 2015

AFJF

Was playing for a HS level HC, throwing to Gary Barnidge, Travis Benjamin and Brian Hartline and still completed 63.7% of his passes with 12 TD's to 4 INT's.

You say this to say what? 

30 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Was playing for a HS level HC, throwing to Gary Barnidge, Travis Benjamin and Brian Hartline and still completed 63.7% of his passes with 12 TD's to 4 INT's.

4 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Mccown was the starter for Tampa and Cleveland and lead them both to the #1 pick 

This is why McCown was signed, which is why so many eyebrows were raised in the league and people are making noise that the Jets are tanking.

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is why McCown was signed, which is why so many eyebrows were raised in the league and people are making noise that the Jets are tanking.

That could be the reason they paid him so much money.

8 minutes ago, peebag said:

I think a "respectable" QB that can get you a top 3 pick actually sells at a premium.

I can't tell if you are being facetious or not, but the data speaks for itself.   He can put up halfway decent stats, be a respected leader and lose almost all of his games.  That is very valuable.

Mccown is finally going to do something he wasnt able to do in clevelend or tampa....WIN...I dont mean win a lot but because it's the jets he will win at least 5 games or win 3 and one of the other guys win scrape in another 1 or 2.....just when we need a 1 win season he will fail us....every time in the last 47 years there was a REAL opportunity to get the number 1 pick when there was a qb available this team somehow manages to do just enough to drop 2 picks out of contention.

I'm not an advocate for tanking but if we are gonna lose some games lose enough to make a difference dammit. 

I guess you have to pay a premium to get the guy who has such a good track record of getting teams top picks in the draft. It's a joke when I see comments that he will play because Bowles thinks he gives us best chance to win. Really? Even Mac knows numbers can mean something and 2 wins in 3 years means alot. If McCown starts it's to play "competently incompetent" football to secure the top pick in '18. There is no other reason. No matter how good he looks in TC...in Cleveland he won the starting job and in Tampa yet he succeeded both years to secure top pics in the draft.
For everyone who wants to tank you have your saviour Josh McCown.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

A team that thought they could contend with their roster would have gone out and gotten Cutler/Kap/just about anyone else to compete. Getting Mccown was simply to make the tank look more respectable. With our luck he will play great and we will go 8-8 on the way to ten more years of average/below average QB play. The funny part is that some of you would prefer 8-8 to 2-14...

21 hours ago, AFJF said:

So what?  This team isn't winning the super bowl with McCown.  Let's see what hack / petty can do and then draft another rookie with our top 3 pick next year.  

There can be NO good from McCown playing. Either Petty or Hack win the job outright and play well, or we need to draft a QB next year. There is no way we are winning anything this year; any game the McCown plays in is bad as it means that Hack and Petty either are not good or they are hurt. Either way, we get nothing by McCown playing. We would be better off signing PS QBs to see what they have. In the end, either Hack or Petty is our guy, or we are drafting a QB next year to be the guy. The time of a 'competative rebuild' is over.

22 hours ago, AFJF said:

and?...i'm not concerned about mccown's past record as long as the jets do the right thing and start either petty or hack.  mccown is a one year rental.  the team is going nowhere with him at qb.  and let's not feel sorry for him either,  he's making 6 million to sit on a bench.

7 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

AFJF

I hope you learned your lesson.

No lesson to learn.  I preferred Fitz to Geno and I don't regret that at all.

Worried about the future, not the past.

Archived