Isnt this what the fans wanted?

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Draft picks are no guarantee here.....where you been the last 48 years. 

okay, pretty true generality but the same can be said of just about every free agent player that ever existed.  but since the nfl is a business if you're going to get a sucky player you may as pay as little as possible.

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

A completely young roster. A potentially high draft pick. 

They wanted it, they just can't stand to give woody or even macc the credit for having the balls to finally do it.

They're afraid it might work. Yet they're still diehard jets fans. It's an interesting psychological experiment.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They wanted it, they just can't stand to give woody or even macc the credit for having the balls to finally do it.

They're afraid it might work. Yet they're still diehard jets fans. It's an interesting psychological experiment.

SOJJ.

9 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I have come to find out that there's a section of Jet fans that want whatever it is that is opposite to the efforts of the regime in power .  The reason is simply that they can do a better job .  

I don't disagree. Its just that this regime has shown little to get excited about. I ask you do you really trust Mac with all that cap pace and a high draft pick next year? Especially if Hack shows even a little progress I can just see him drafting the BPA (as long as its not a QB)and going apesh*t in FA like he has done in the past. Prove me wrong Mac. Until then well we can only wait and see.

4 hours ago, thadude said:

Yeah we all wanted another 4-12 season after having a 4-12 season two years ago.

4-12 would be an epic failure and put the top QBs out of reach. It will also probably happen as the Jets can't even tank properly.

There is no such thing as tanking in the NFL. The league isn't built for it. Rosters are too big and the likelihood of drafting a QB is..low. 

2012 had Andrew Luck which is the last sure thing starter to be drafted. That's 16 1st round QBs and 1 sure thing. Even if you go with QBs currently starting then you have Tannehill, Winston, Mariota, Wentz, and Luck. That's 5 out of 16 1st round QBs. That's a 30% chance you get someone who starts consistently. "Tanking" means winning 2 games max for a 30% chance to hopefully get someone who isn't terrible and then wait 3 years to find out. Fans want a plan.

Tanking is not a plan, it's playing the lottery.

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Finally?  Isn't this what we did in 2014?  

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The real psychological experiment here would be to figure out why the actual point of "SOJFs," as you've called them, has been explained to you, whofans, tinstar, et al. so many times, yet remains so elusive to you.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

4-12 would be an epic failure and put the top QBs out of reach. It will also probably happen as the Jets can't even tank properly.

Well that's going to be our record after McCown wins a couple games.  You guys, this is not a tank job

There is no such thing as tanking in the NFL. The league isn't built for it. Rosters are too big and the likelihood of drafting a QB is..low. 

2012 had Andrew Luck which is the last sure thing starter to be drafted. That's 16 1st round QBs and 1 sure thing. Even if you go with QBs currently starting then you have Tannehill, Winston, Mariota, Wentz, and Luck. That's 5 out of 16 1st round QBs. That's a 30% chance you get someone who starts consistently. "Tanking" means winning 2 games max for a 30% chance to hopefully get someone who isn't terrible and then wait 3 years to find out. Fans want a plan.

Tanking is not a plan, it's playing the lottery.

I'd take "monkey with crayon" over "Jets GM" if my life depended on a first round pick not busting. A lottery sounds like an improvement in odds.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

35 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Finally?  Isn't this what we did in 2014?  

So you considered the Chris Johnson,  Decker,  Vick and Giacomini signings as an attempt to tank/rebuild with youth?  Just because we sucked in 2014, doesn't mean we tanked. We sucked last year also, but clearly that wasn't their goal.  It's also completely different when tank/rebuild with a clear target (Darnold) in sight. 

This year's vision is very clear. Develop the kids. Hopefully Hack emerges as a franchise QB,if not we will be in very good position to land Darnold or one of the other 2 or 3 Qbs that look like they can emerge as potential franchise QBs. 

Archived