Kyle Fuller?

Doggin94it

Per ESPN, Kyle Fuller is on the roster bubble in Chicago.   http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/21355/darrelle-revis-kyle-fuller-among-potential-options-for-corner-needy-eagles

I have a hard time buying that the bears will actually cut him, but if there's any truth to it, we ought to be kicking the tires on a trade for a late rounder.  Fuller's the kind of young talent who could be a long term answer at CB if he gets all the way back from injury. 

Since Mac elected to bypass this year's wonderful crop of top two round CBs and went for late round shots in the dark instead (Just like Idzik did with WRs in an amazingly talented WR crop in his draft), Fuller sounds like a good option to be considered.  Still can't believe he drafted back-to-back safeties when Sid Jones, Quincy Wilson, Teez Tabor and Chidobe Awuzie were still on the board in round 2.  Pairing Adams with one of them, particularly Jones, would have been far preferable.  

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Since Mac elected to bypass this year's wonderful crop of top two round CBs and went for late round shots in the dark instead (Just like Idzik did with WRs in an amazingly talented WR crop in his draft), Fuller sounds like a good option to be considered.  Still can't believe he drafted back-to-back safeties when Sid Jones, Quincy Wilson, Teez Tabor and Chidobe Awuzie were still on the board.  Pairing Adams with one of them, particularly Jones, would have been far preferable.  

Yep passing on Sidney Jones is the move that really bothered me. Seeing him then go to the eagles a few picks later hurt

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Since Mac elected to bypass this year's wonderful crop of top two round CBs and went for late round shots in the dark instead (Just like Idzik did with WRs in an amazingly talented WR crop in his draft), Fuller sounds like a good option to be considered.  Still can't believe he drafted back-to-back safeties when Sid Jones, Quincy Wilson, Teez Tabor and Chidobe Awuzie were still on the board in round 2.  Pairing Adams with one of them, particularly Jones, would have been far preferable.  

There are teams, like Seattle that like late CBs with length and coach them up.  I don't think Seattle has drafted a CB before round 4 or 5.  The guys the Jets drafted are the type of guys Seattle would have gone for - a ton of length, but the huge veteran investment in CBs in 2015 seems to contradict that philosophy..  I'm not sure, but the Texans didn't draft any high CBs while Maccagnan was there and then took Kevin Johnson with their 1st in 2015.  

22 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yep passing on Sidney Jones is the move that really bothered me. Seeing him then go to the eagles a few picks later hurt

The Eagles are the team that article is about.  They are so weak at CB they are investigating Fuller and Revis. Carrying Jones and Claiborne probably means we are down to #4 and #5 CBs starting every week anyway..  I am not a fan of redshirting 2nd rouhd draft picks.  The guy loses 1/4- 1/5 of his value right off the bat  

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Who would you have picked with picks 1-2. Not saying i disagree with you, just curious. 

Eh.  Not really sure.  I was the Seahawks in the mock, so I didn't study the top or the QBs too much.  I guess I'll take Adams, but you have to have thought long and hard about Watson and maybe Mahomes.  Maye?  Samuel, Cook, Wilson, Bowser, Anderson?  At that point you'd consider Kizer too, but ugh.  All strike me as better value than another safety. I can see not having Cook or Mixon on your board for character concerns, but I value taking a shot at QB or Edge over safety every damn day.

The one guy I actually liked was King, and I would have probably made a move to trade up to get him. He went at the top of the 2nd, so they had all night to try to make that deal.  Doubt the Packers had targeted him, because they got the pick by trading out of the first so that the Browns could get Njoku. FWIW, the value chart has the difference at 60 points or pick 117/mid-4th.  I am not sure how this FO values CBs.  They paid so much $$$ in year one it seems high, but in the draft they seem to be looking for late guys they can coach up.

FWIW, with the Seahawks I got Bolles and Kpassagnon with my first two.  I felt Kpassagnon was a reach, but King falling was a pipe dream.  In the actual draft Kpassagnon went one pick later to the Chiefs.  I guess the Seahawks didn't value him like I did. 

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Here's the thing about Jones. I believed he would end up being the best CB coming out of this draft. BEFORE the injury. And he would have been a sure-fire first rounder. But the torn achilles is a big deal. You don't know how he will come back from it and you don't know if it will be a recurring issue. It's a big gamble. Especially if you have CBs you are targeting in the later rounds of a very deep CB draft. So even though I loved Jones as a prospect, I can understand why Macc passed on him. 

I also believe the Jets have a lot of confidence in Burris and Roberts as young CBs just starting to come into their own. Maybe they do not have as much confidence in their young safeties? 

But its still a fair criticism. If Jones comes back 100% healthy he will be a Marcus Peters 2.0 type CB. JMHO. 

15 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Here's the thing about Jones. I believed he would end up being the best CB coming out of this draft. BEFORE the injury. And he would have been a sure-fire first rounder. But the torn achilles is a big deal. You don't know how he will come back from it and you don't know if it will be a recurring issue. It's a big gamble. Especially if you have CBs you are targeting in the later rounds of a very deep CB draft. So even though I loved Jones as a prospect, I can understand why Macc passed on him. 

I also believe the Jets have a lot of confidence in Burris and Roberts as young CBs just starting to come into their own. Maybe they do not have as much confidence in their young safeties? 

But its still a fair criticism. If Jones comes back 100% healthy he will be a Marcus Peters 2.0 type CB. JMHO. 

I completely understand why we passed on Jones. On the other hand he was taken very close to our pick and if he becomes the best cb in the draft like I thought he'd be prior to his injury then it's a failure in Macc's part to properly vet Jones's injury. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Interesting story about Fuller: He's actually the cousin of a friend of mine.

That's it. That's the story. 

That's really not that interesting.

I take that back.

It's not interesting at all.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

While I 100% agree about Mac possibly blowing a HUGE opportunity to get a 1st round talen, and future 5+ year starter in RD 2 this year in the draft, but I think the 2 late round guys he drafted will both be our starters come 2019 at the latest, like both guys a lot, particularly Jones, I think he can have Antonio Cromartie type of career hopefully minus the tackling issues, and a equal, or more game changing plays taking the ball away, and using his old WR skills to turn those takeaways into instant points.  Clark more of a PBU guy, but when healthy he was very good in coverage, if he can gain his old physical form I don't see why he can't start in this league with his size, and skill.

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Fuller is terrible. If he gets cut loose and Bowles thinks he can coach him up, I'd offer him an incentive-laden short-term deal, but trading anything for him is lunacy.

LOL Bowles couldn't coach up a puppy

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

While I 100% agree about Mac possibly blowing a HUGE opportunity to get a 1st round talen, and future 5+ year starter in RD 2 this year in the draft, but I think the 2 late round guys he drafted will both be our starters come 2019 at the latest, like both guys a lot, particularly Jones, I think he can have Antonio Cromartie type of career hopefully minus the tackling issues, and a equal, or more game changing plays taking the ball away, and using his old WR skills to turn those takeaways into instant points.  Clark more of a PBU guy, but when healthy he was very good in coverage, if he can gain his old physical form I don't see why he can't start in this league with his size, and skill.

Don't you think a Cromartie comparison is a tad bit premature and a very lofty ceiling? Cro was great early on. 

11 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Per ESPN, Kyle Fuller is on the roster bubble in Chicago.   http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/21355/darrelle-revis-kyle-fuller-among-potential-options-for-corner-needy-eagles

I have a hard time buying that the bears will actually cut him, but if there's any truth to it, we ought to be kicking the tires on a trade for a late rounder.  Fuller's the kind of young talent who could be a long term answer at CB if he gets all the way back from injury. 

good call to work with some of our young CB's him and it would give us a nice starting duo

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I completely understand why we passed on Jones. On the other hand he was taken very close to our pick and if he becomes the best cb in the draft like I thought he'd be prior to his injury then it's a failure in Macc's part to properly vet Jones's injury. 

Jones' agent probably made every effort to disseminate enough information about the injury so that teams would feel comfortable drafting him. The issue is that you can't predict how he will recover and if he will stay healthy. It's a difficult risk to take in the second round. 

1 hour ago, tuffhand said:

Jones' agent probably made every effort to disseminate enough information about the injury so that teams would feel comfortable drafting him. The issue is that you can't predict how he will recover and if he will stay healthy. It's a difficult risk to take in the second round. 

especially if you are still reeling from the wasted 1st round pick on Milliner (even though it wasn't a Mac pic).

Archived