MIA could be the next stop on the Kaepernick train

nycdan

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

And this is why teams want no part of the circus that comes with him.  Nobody can conceive of this being a football decision.  It's either you sign him or you are racist.  Not a fun position to be in.

they especially don't want the circus for a back up qb.  and as a starter, when used properly like the way harbaugh did he can be effective.  but that was a pretty good team and a long time ago.  i doubt if he can regain any of that magic with or without the circus.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Awesumtenor said:

He has been saying since before the end of last season that he would stand for the National Anthem this year.....so what circus are you referring to?

LOL. Of course he is saying that NOW he needs a job. Saying that he will stand for the anthem only proves his lack of commitment and enforces the fact that the only reason why he did it in the first place was because the Niners were going to release him and in taking "a stand" as he did prevented them from doing so. A genius move in the short term but now he is suffering from the fallout of that move.

The circus will be reporters around him all the time questioning him about his stance etc and so forth. In the sports media capitol of the country it would indeed be a circus.

18 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Fitz has never sniffed the playoffs and choked the Jets out of them. Putin is the leader of Russia. Lots of collaboration with tam Trump from th Russians. It is now under investigation

No politics please as it will only shut down this thread.

Forget Kapernick, what about Tannehill? The Fins didn't want to get him surgery at the end of last year because they were in the playoff hunt/ heading into the playoffs, and they thought he might have a chance to play. He suffered another knee injury, what does that do for his confidence as he has issues in that area already. He usually chokes in the spotlight  or when the game is on the line since his college days. It's going to be interesting to see how the front office handles this going down the stretch. His injury had to deflate the teams hopes for this year.

Best bet for the Fins is Cutler or just sticking with Matt Moore. 

5 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Forget Kapernick, what about Tannehill? The Fins didn't want to get him surgery at the end of last year because they were in the playoff hunt/ heading into the playoffs, and they thought he might have a chance to play. He suffered another knee injury, what does that do for his confidence as he has issues in that area already. He usually chokes in the spotlight  or when the game is on the line since his college days. It's going to be interesting to see how the front office handles this going down the stretch. His injury had to deflate the teams hopes for this year.

Best bet for the Fins is Cutler or just sticking with Matt Moore. 

No best bet for fish is suck for sam

7 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

No way Miami signs him, not with that huge cuban population. You guys are forgetting that Kaepernick wore a Fidel Castro shirt and spouted out crap like how Castro improved the literacy rate in Cuba. No way in hell would that fly in Miami.

Didn't the Marlins fire Ozzie Guillen for simply making a compliment to Castro? Kaepernick is wearing t-shirts and running around calling him the greatest world leader ever

People in Miami would be way more up in arms about the Fidel Castro shirt he wore than the anthem stuff. He's not going to Miami.

And let's call a spade a spade. If your take on Kaepernick is "he sucks and that's why he doesn't have a job" you really are showing your opinion is skewed by his protest.

He is definitely good enough to still be in this league somewhere. A very real argument can be made he's better than a handful of starters in the NFL. His ability has nothing to do with his employment.

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:
SUBSCRIBE

Colin Kaepernick's girlfriend targets Ray Lewis and Steve Bisciotti on Twitter

Contact ReporterThe Baltimore Sun

Colin Kaepernick hasn’t publicly spoken about the possibility of signing with the Ravens as quarterback Joe Flacco misses time in training camp with a back injury.

The former San Francisco 49ers quarterback’s girlfriend, however, sent the franchise a message — specifically to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and former star linebacker Ray Lewis.

Nessa Diab, a nationally syndicated radio personality who has dated Kaepernick for about two years, posted to Twitter on Tuesday an image of Lewis embracing Bisciotti over a mirrored shot from a scene in “Django Unchained,” where a house slave, played by Samuel L. Jackson, hugs his racist master, played by Leonardo DiCaprio.
The tweet was likely a jab at the Ravens’ drawn-out publicity about whether to add Kaepernick after his national anthem protest last year and subsequent social justice activism.

This week, a report surfaced that Bisciotti, who said he was consulting Lewis and fans about the decision, was resistant to the coach John Harbaugh’s and general manager Ozzie Newsome’s interest in signing Kaepernick — which Newsome later refuted in a statement.

Lewis also posted a video to Twitter urging Kaepernick to “get back on the football field and let your play speak for itself.”

Perhaps that’s Kaepernick’s intention. Nessa, though, has other plans.

After tweeting the picture, captioned with a bulls-eye emoji and Lewis’ Twitter handle, she retweeted videos and articles denouncing his plea and supporting Kaepernick’s efforts.

ccaplan@baltsun.com

twitter.com/CallieCaplan

Copyright © 2017, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad

This helps his case.  When I think of Kaep I immediately think of a house slave.

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

People in Miami would be way more up in arms about the Fidel Castro shirt he wore than the anthem stuff. He's not going to Miami.

And let's call a spade a spade. If your take on Kaepernick is "he sucks and that's why he doesn't have a job" you really are showing your opinion is skewed by his protest.

He is definitely good enough to still be in this league somewhere. A very real argument can be made he's better than a handful of starters in the NFL. His ability has nothing to do with his employment.

The problem is Kaepernick isn't good enough to warrant putting up with his media baggage.  Ditto for Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow is a bad NFL qb but he is better than at least 2 of 3 qb's on our roster.  But I wouldn't want him either

The problem is Kaepernick isn't good enough to warrant putting up with his media baggage.  Ditto for Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow is a bad NFL qb but he is better than at least 2 of 3 qb's on our roster.  But I wouldn't want him either

That may be true. That isn't the opinion I'm talking about, though. Some people truly believe he just isn't good enough to play, period.

If you think Tebow is better than any 3 of the QBs on the Jets roster, I don't know what to say to that.

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That may be true. That isn't the opinion I'm talking about, though. Some people truly believe he just isn't good enough to play, period.

If you think Tebow is better than any 3 of the QBs on the Jets roster, I don't know what to say to that.

I think some people are in denial over Kaepernick getting blacklisted.  Yeah he's blacklisted from playing in the NFL -- admitting that doesn't make someone a supporter of his

So it sounds like Tannehill is going to miss the season and the Dolphins are bringing in Cutler. Cutler is awful and is an awful person, and he's coming to Tannenbaum team full of overpaid dogs, so we should be able to count out the Dolphins for a year.

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How much money do I have to put on the Patriots to win the division to actually win money? A mill?

It's going to be like one of those college basketball teams where the starters only play the first half and the backups come in and are still throwing alley-oops from half court.

You'd have to probably bet $100 to win $10 on that bet.

Bets that might be at least interesting.  

Odds of Patriots going 6-0 in AFCE
Odds of Brandon Cooks scoring 10 TDs
Odds of Patriots being caught up in a cheating scandal

I'd put all 3 of these in the 50-75% range.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So it sounds like Tannehill is going to miss the season and the Dolphins are bringing in Cutler. Cutler is awful and is an awful person, and he's coming to Tannenbaum team full of overpaid dogs, so we should be able to count out the Dolphins for a year.

I'm so so so excited we get to play Cutler twice. He's one of those guys who I don't just hate; I enjoy hating him, you know what I mean?

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cutler > Tannehill

This is actually a blessing in disguise 

Sources: Dolphins, Cutler finalizing 1-year deal

The Miami Dolphins and former Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler are finalizing a one-year deal, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The one-year deal is worth $10 million, plus incentives, a source told Schefter. The two sides are expected to hammer the deal out shortly.

In May, Cutler had retired from the NFL and was hired by Fox Sports as a game analyst.

Dolphins coach Adam Gase has played a significant role in convincing Cutler of the reasons he should play for the Dolphins, sources told ESPN's Jeff Darlington. Miami also raised its monetary offer, sources close to the situation said.

As of Saturday, Cutler was reluctant about a possible return to football, although he hadn't made any decision with certainty. Aware of his reluctance, but after a day of no direct communication with Cutler, Gase was eventually able to talk to him.

The Dolphins targeted Cutler because of the likelihood that starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill will undergo surgery to repair stretched ligaments in his left knee.

Cutler, 34, started 15 games in 2015 with Gase as his offensive coordinator, throwing for 3,659 yards with 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He completed 64.4 percent of his passes.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Lmao. You know you're a douche when they take Cutler out of retirement over you. 

While that sounds cute....  it's true.  FIns overpay for a Cutler and it immediately releases them from the charge of racist if they pass on Kap.

I have no sympathy for Kap.   NONE.

I heard somewhere there are 150 nfl veteran players on the street right now.

In a hyper competitive situation, don't give owners a reason to disregard you.

Common Sense

Let's be honest, if he played better before the controversy somebody signs him and puts him through image rehab boot camp complete with photo ops and scripted apologies. 

If Bilal Powell beat his kids with a stick he's out of work. Peterson got another chance

If Geno Smith drowned dogs, he's out of work. Vick got another chance

If cam Newton knelt for the anthem, he gets another chance

Archived