Jets Camp 8-4

flgreen

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on these few practices, it looks like Hackenberg is still not close to being ready, but I will reserve judgement until I see real game action. If this guy can't beat out McCown for the starting spot, my disdain for Mac will be at maximum threshold levels. 

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Based on these few practices, it looks like Hackenberg is still not close to being ready, but I will reserve judgement until I see real game action. If this guy can't beat out McCown for the starting spot, my disdain for Mac will be at maximum threshold levels. 

Mac can fix this.  Right now.  There's a FA QB available who is literally twice the man McCown is. And he looks good in green.

J-Load...please report to Florham Park.  We need you, man!

usatsi_8027249.jpg?w=1200

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Bowles: Claiborne had a rest day, team wanted to get a look at other guys. Powell had the wind knocked out of him.

I think "wind knocked out of him" is code for "might have a concussion".

"Yeah, he stayed on the sideline, but we took his helmet away because he was kindof tired.  Plus he scraped his knee."

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I would love to see what Hack and Petty could each do running the first unit but it's becoming increasingly unlikely we'll get to see that.  It's weird to me that Petty has an apparently good practice yesterday and gets 'rewarded' with almost no reps today.

Sign of a dysfunctional organization. 

47 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Where are you getting that from? it's been at worst even, with no one really distinguishing themselves. Hack has much higher highs and bigger lows, McClown is just consistently terrible.

Bowles is such a disastrously awful coach.

All 3 qbs are going to get the same chance its an open comp.  Bullsh*t.  Petty is probably better than either of the top two clowns out there.

Make the 3rd stringers run a lap.

I've said it before, enunwa is overrated at this point in is career, he dropped passes last year and he is doing it again and yet everyone acts like this guy is a #1.

this may be an all team awful offense, but don;t get too cozy with our 'great dense' sooner or alter they will have to play a legit offense.

I don't like this draconian 'run a lap' if you drop a ball either.

They should have a Jugs machine out there off to the side and if you drop a ball , you have to do 5 minutes of catching ball after ball.

At least that would be addressing the problem. 

This is not a time for those looking for instant gratification of anything regarding this team. We want a clear front runner, we want an offense that's hitting on all cylinders out the gate. But it just ain't happening.

Because of course it isn't, we've got an offense of players greener the jersey's they wear learning a new playbook. If they played without any hold-ups we would need to hold trials for witchcraft.

We're going to go through a lot of growing pains. Some might say "no duh" but nobody seems to be prepared for what that really looks like. Well... it looks like a lot of no name players hitting a brick wall for a few weeks. This is the process people talk about when they say "its a process". Players will break through or they'll plateau, but I'll tell you one thing we aren't gonna see the extent of what they're made of after one week, or even two weeks. Hell, it might take a whole season for some to be at the place they need to be in order to be a fixture of the team. (well it would for the players who look closer to that point after a month, anyway. Roster cuts, whadaya gonna do?)

With inevitable practices like the last two I can see why Mac decided to cut Decker after all. This would have been MADDENING to a veteran who feels like they should be on a contender. Can you imagine a team with that kind of negative vibe hanging around?

Tell ya what though, a team that's made of whole position groups of young unproven guys going though the same growing pains is probably the best environment they can ask for... you know other than one where they have a McCown around (a guy who knows he's a temporary player just here to help younger players get over.)

Come to think of it, I think that's why they reportedly wanted Steve Smith. 

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Almost as if they already know what he brings to the table and don't want to waste the reps on someone who has NO chance at winning the job.

Sent From My Perch Above the SOJF's

Why wouldn't Petty have a chance of winning the job, exactly? 

You realize is we do get the too qb on the draft regardless of who they ends up being he will likely have some bad days in camp too right?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Hush...they don't want to hear common sense....agendas overflow after bad camp days.

But if he does continue to suck we still win and can spend the first 3 picks next year on offense and the rest on defensive depth. Who are we kidding, if Hack doesn't make it McCown will get us the first pick.

Bowles is such a disastrously awful coach.
All 3 qbs are going to get the same chance its an open comp.  Bullsh*t.  Petty is probably better than either of the top two clowns out there.
Make the 3rd stringers run a lap.
I've said it before, enunwa is overrated at this point in is career, he dropped passes last year and he is doing it again and yet everyone acts like this guy is a #1.
this may be an all team awful offense, but don;t get too cozy with our 'great dense' sooner or alter they will have to play a legit offense.

I never seen anyone act as if enunwa is a number 1 wr let alone everyone. He is s good player tho and unfortunately the best offensive player on the team. Also, most jet fans I know realize our offer as is going to be terrible

Sent from my SM-G950U using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Hush...they don't want to hear common sense....agendas overflow after bad camp days.

But if he does continue to suck we still win and can spend the first 3 picks next year on offense and the rest on defensive depth. Who are we kidding, if Hack doesn't make it McCown will get us the first pick.

Hackenberg fans, after first three days of practice: 

IMG_0512.GIF

11 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Hackenberg fans, after last three days of practice: 

IMG_0513.GIF

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Hackenberg fans, after last three days of practice: 

IMG_0513.GIF

The only one who continues trying to sell this BS is the only person who actually believes and has said that the media was covering up for him.

Now apparently they decided to stop covering for him and are now criticizing him.  Must be easy living in an imaginary world. 

Archived