****FALCONS V JETS GAME THREAD LARZ IS A FRAUD IT’S 7:38 am

T0mShane

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone get hype. Buster Skrine isn’t playing. Buster Skrine represents everything that’s wrong with Maccagnan and Bowles—As a Brown, Skrine had some decent numbers as strictly a slot corner, but he was always extremely limited, always gave up TDs, and was always among the most penalty-ridden DBs in the league year after year. Maccagnan gave him a four-year, $25 million dollar contract anyway, this AFTER signing Revis and Cromartie to relatively big money. Why would you hire a career defensive backs coach to be your head coach if you have to pour tens of millions of dollars into the one position you’d think he could develop? And for those who will point the finger at Idizik (coughGlenn) the CB position is arguably worse today than when Maccagnan dumped all that money on Revis, Cro, and Skrine.

Weather...for pre game pounding purposes only. 61. Lots of pouring rain 100%...so keep those drinks dry. Inside the stadium...who cares, you are not playing. Be loud and tell the opposing fan around you to stfu. Lots of running today...they have an Ant he is a good ant, look out for him and their lil bit bigger back.

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No one made a game thread. Now, here, allow me to tell you how, in my day, we never missed game threads because we weren’t trying to have sex with Siri like these young millennials. 

2CE53681-6F1A-41A1-9685-217C2000F8C2.gif

What they wished Siri looked liked:

image.png

What she really does look like:

image.png

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Everyone get hype. Buster Skrine isn’t playing. Buster Skrine represents everything that’s wrong with Maccagnan and Bowles—As a Brown, Skrine had some decent numbers as strictly a slot corner, but he was always extremely limited, always gave up TDs, and was always among the most penalty-ridden DBs in the league year after year. Maccagnan gave him a four-year, $25 million dollar contract anyway, this AFTER signing Revis and Cromartie to relatively big money. Why would you hire a career defensive backs coach to be your head coach if you have to pour tens of millions of dollars into the one position you’d think he could develop? And for those who will point the finger at Idizik (coughGlenn) the CB position is arguably worse today than when Maccagnan dumped all that money on Revis, Cro, and Skrine.

IIRC the signings went Revis, then Skrine, then Cromartie (which doesn't make it any better).

The most special joy was the overwhelming applause, like a herd of circus seals, for "totally rebuilding" our defensive backfield all in 1 year. Except this glorious rebuild only lasted 1 year, while the amount spent on them alone should have lasted at least 3. Of course by year 3 the only one left is Skrine, kept because there was already no one else left, and everybody wants him gone as well (everyone except, seemingly, Maccagnan and Bowles).

The "tens of millions of dollars" - though nominally correct - truly makes it sound less than it was, and somehow gets framed as though it's to his credit that "we were able to get out of it after only 2 years and ~$70m!" Brilliance.  

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

IIRC the signings went Revis, then Skrine, then Cromartie (which doesn't make it any better).

The most special joy was the overwhelming applause, like a herd of circus seals, for "totally rebuilding" our defensive backfield all in 1 year. Except this glorious rebuild only lasted 1 year, while the amount spent them alone should have lasted at least 3. Of course by year 3 the only one left is Skrine, kept because there was already no one else left, and everybody wants him gone as well (everyone except, seemingly, Maccagnan and Bowles).

The "tens of millions of dollars" - though nominally correct - truly makes it sound less than it was, and somehow framed as though it's to his credit that "we were able to get out of it after only 2 years and ~$70m!" Brilliance.  

Ahhh. I was close though. It looks like they signed Cro March 12th and Skrine the day before(?). Still disgusting, for the reasons you posted. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

No one made a game thread. Now, here, allow me to tell you how, in my day, we never missed game threads because we weren’t trying to have sex with Siri like these young millennials. 

2CE53681-6F1A-41A1-9685-217C2000F8C2.gif

I’ve been up since 4:30 doing tough old person labor and listening to Gordon Lightfoot

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Nice job T0mShane.....

Siri?  LMFAO I hear they are into those real dolls those that can afford them or pocket p*ssys so they can take the show on the road, you know like the cell phone that never leaves their hands. 

GO JETS YOU CAN DO THIS

Image result for you can do it gifs

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nice job T0mShane.....

Siri?  LMFAO I hear they are into those real dolls those that can afford them or pocket p*ssys so they can take the show on the road, you know like the cell phone that never leaves their hands. 

GO JETS YOU CAN DO THIS

Image result for you can do it gifs

Joe maybe poke a hole in your garbage bag raincoat bud what do u say

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Joe maybe poke a hole in your garbage bag raincoat bud what do u say

Nah I'm good and I've come a long way since the garbage bag raincoat I have a set of HH rain gear for times like today when I do attend a Jets home game and the weather is a little overcast. 

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ahhh. I was close though. It looks like they signed Cro March 12th and Skrine the day before(?). Still disgusting, for the reasons you posted. 

Again, it doesn't make it any better.

So the great 2015 rebuild we added 30 year-old Revis (at 2 yrs $39m or 3 yrs $48m), 26 year-old never-was Skrine (guaranteed him some $13m over the first 2 years). But that's not enough for a HC who was an NFL DB himself and earned his coaching stripes as a DBC. We then still needed to sign 31 year-old Cromartie to the same $7m amount he'd earned in the prior year (2014) and the following year (2016) combined.

Gameday threads are the bestest. :) 

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Again, it doesn't make it any better.

So the great 2015 rebuild we added 30 year-old Revis (at 2 yrs $39m or 3 yrs $48m), 26 year-old never-was Skrine (guaranteed him some $13m over the first 2 years). But that's not enough for a HC who was an NFL DB himself and earned his coaching stripes as a DBC. We then still needed to sign 31 year-old Cromartie to the same $7m amount he'd earned in the prior year (2014) and the following year (2016) combined.

Gameday threads are the bestest. :) 

At least Macc learned his lesson and only gave Mo Claiborne $5 mil and 

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is a moot point since Larz should have made the game thread and Larz is, like, 53. The Greatest Generation, my ass.

I'm up to chapter 7 with my teenager, chapter 5 with the wife, chapter 2 with my son, (they all want to watch on the big screen, no spoilers) 

Midnight last night was for motley crue and icicle works 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The most special joy was the overwhelming applause, like a herd of circus seals, for "totally rebuilding" our defensive backfield all in 1 year. Except this glorious rebuild only lasted 1 year, while the amount spent on them alone should have lasted at least 3. Of course by year 3 the only one left is Skrine, kept because there was already no one else left, and everybody wants him gone as well (everyone except, seemingly, Maccagnan and Bowles).

The "tens of millions of dollars" - though nominally correct - truly makes it sound less than it was, and somehow gets framed as though it's to his credit that "we were able to get out of it after only 2 years and ~$70m!" Brilliance.  

i'm not even sure it lasted 1 season.  there were plenty of cricks showing in revis' ability to defend even in the first year and, he wasn't even close to being lock down when he was with the patsies.  and cro?  didn't he get benched or injured or something that limited his ability? imo that first year they had vets like wilk and sheldon and harris and marshall all trying to make a good impression on their new coach and gm. it paid off to a certain degree but wasn't lasting.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Game forecast is for torrential rain, which should hold down milquetoast emo stick-of-chalk QB Matt Ryan. Easy bet that Matt Forte gets 20 touches today, which is rebuilding at its finest.

One of my all-time favorite Jets playcalls was in the rain.

Schitthead's 2008 wildcat Brad Smith reverse to Cotchery in a monsoon vs. Denver.  Forseeably to everyone, except Schitt for Brains that is, resulted in a disastrous fumble-six.

Archived