Fire Bowles Now!

Lupz27

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

After his press conference today after the game he should be fired, and promote Morton, also Kacy Rogers can take the plank walk with Bowles.

I said this in the game day thread. Bowles is garbage. Also they can take McCown with them. McCown is worthless after the 15-20 scripted plays

The worst thing that happened to Bowles was that the team turned out to be more talented and competitive than he was able to manage. If the team was just pathetic and they were getting blown out he could say that there was nothing he can do. Instead, this team turned out to be pretty decent and are only losing games because of his in-game incompetence and lack of emotion. The guy  just lets the game run over him and he does nothing to stem the tide of a bad streak.  

I happen to like a lot about Bowles, especially they way he handles the media and is a calming influence but at some point during the game you have to make decisions that work. He seems to get worse as the game gets closer. The same can be said for Mccown. 

Just now, Stark said:

I said this in the game day thread. Bowles is garbage. Also they can take McCown with them. McCown is worthless after the 15-20 scripted plays

Morton becomes HC, Bates OC in name (Morton calls the plays) McCown a glorified QB Coach, Petty starts, and Hack dresses as back up.

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

After his press conference today after the game he should be fired, and promote Morton, also Kacy Rogers can take the plank walk with Bowles.

Not sure what coaching would have made a difference today. 

But at the halfway point, I bet if we had (insert coach this board likes ex. Harbargh, Gruden) would we be 4-4, 5-3? 

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

But at the halfway point, I bet if we had (insert coach this board likes ex. Harbargh, Gruden) would we be 4-4, 5-3? 

Reading is fundamental, try reading my post again.

Bowles should have been fired last year he was that bad.

Here is the sad truth, our GM has no power to do so even though he may want to.

The newbie kid brother of the owner has zero clue about the team and will listen to media talking heads who felate bowls for the team just showing up on Sundays.

Be prepared now when both coach and gm get extensions in the off season because the team at 6 wins is going in the right direction.

5 minutes ago, August said:

We knew this team wasn't going to be good this year. Bowles is doing a better job this season and I don't think his job should be in jeopardy.

Mostly due to the offense that has ZERO talent and is overachieving.  Bowels is awful, he's a bad D coach, he is a bad head coach, he is a terrible motivator of his highest paid impact vets.  He stinks.

With and awful team like the jets have now he will be a 6 win coach, if we had a superbowl caliber talent team he would be an 8 to 9 win coach.  he sucks.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mostly due to the offense that has ZERO talent and is overachieving.  Bowels is awful, he's a bad D coach, he is a bad head coach, he is a terrible motivator of his highest paid impact vets.  He stinks.

With and awful team like the jets have now he will be a 6 win coach, if we had a superbowl caliber talent team he would be an 8 to 9 win coach.  he sucks.

Look at the teams we've played the last 3 weeks. 3 playoff teams from last year. We are not a good team but yet the Jets are competitive every week. That's all we can ask for. Now I can understand if the team had talent and expectations.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I tend to think that Bowles actually got lucky in picking what looks like at least a half-decent offensive coordinator in Morton, as opposed to making an intelligent, well-thought out move.  For a first year coordinator, Morton has been reasonably impressive, in spite of being inexperienced.  He has good pedigree as far as the coaches he has worked under.

Bowles just does not have the mind to be at least a mediocre head coach.  Football is really a cut-and-dry, results-oriented business.  Maybe Bowles is a nice guy off the field and in real life, but on the NFL stage.. no one can hide and coaches tend to be held accountable.  Eventually.

31 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

How many carries did old man Forte steal from Powell ams McGuire today? Yeah, Forte and his 2 YPC is a real stabilizing influence on the team....lol

#Coaching is more than just calling plays.

21 minutes ago, August said:

We knew this team wasn't going to be good this year. Bowles is doing a better job this season and I don't think his job should be in jeopardy.

Are you serious? How low has our expectations gotten Jet fans? We're happy with a coach who's team has blown 3 leads in 3 of the last games and lead the entire league in penalties? A coach that considers sitting on leads over & over. Every single time the Jets get leads the entire team turtles like Bowles & great field position turn into 3rd & 20s. 

I honesly believe that fans who want to give Todd Bowles an extension have to the most optimistic fans in the world or somehow missed the last 15 losses this team has suffered.

18 minutes ago, August said:

Look at the teams we've played the last 3 weeks. 3 playoff teams from last year. We are not a good team but yet the Jets are competitive every week. That's all we can ask for. Now I can understand if the team had talent and expectations.

This is professional football. If you are pathetic then no way do you have 14 point leads regardless of who you play. Last week was a debacle non grata whereby he squandered a 14 point 4th quarter lead. If you want to say the team is not good enough then fine, they should never have had leads in any game ever, let alone in the 4th quarter against the dynasty and the SB runner up, however, it is on the CS to figure out how to seal a win and this one can never do that. When was the last time Bowltite's defense made a huge play to win a game late in the 4th? Answer is never. So if you a re a Todd Bowltite lover, good for you, I think he is a terrible football coach. A defense guru who's defense is loaded with first round picks and sucks forever.

22 minutes ago, August said:

The Falcons have been playing like sh*t & still played like sh*t & won. I think the entire AFC east has beaten them, except the Jets today.

40 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The worst thing that happened to Bowles was that the team turned out to be more talented and competitive than he was able to manage. If the team was just pathetic and they were getting blown out he could say that there was nothing he can do. Instead, this team turned out to be pretty decent and are only losing games because of his in-game incompetence and lack of emotion. The guy  just lets the game run over him and he does nothing to stem the tide of a bad streak.  

I happen to like a lot about Bowles, especially they way he handles the media and is a calming influence but at some point during the game you have to make decisions that work. He seems to get worse as the game gets closer. The same can be said for Mccown. 

Makes sense and sounds legit 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Are you serious? How low has our expectations gotten Jet fans? We're happy with a coach who's team has blown 3 leads in 3 of the last games and lead the entire league in penalties? A coach that considers sitting on leads over & over. Every single time the Jets get leads the entire team turtles like Bowles & great field position turn into 3rd & 20s. 

I honesly believe that fans who want to give Todd Bowles an extension have to the most optimistic fans in the world or somehow missed the last 15 losses this team has suffered.

Who says anything about being "happy" I just said that the team wasn't supposed to be good this year and the fact that they're competitive is a good thing. I have no expectations for this team because the talent isn't there. We've seen on paper better teams get killed this year and we've been competitive, for a rebuilding team that's what we should ask for. 

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

This is professional football. If you are pathetic then no way do you have 14 point leads regardless of who you play. Last week was a debacle non grata whereby he squandered a 14 point 4th quarter lead. If you want to say the team is not good enough then fine, they should never have had leads in any game ever, let alone in the 4th quarter against the dynasty and the SB runner up, however, it is on the CS to figure out how to seal a win and this one can never do that. When was the last time Bowltite's defense made a huge play to win a game late in the 4th? Answer is never. So if you a re a Todd Bowltite lover, good for you, I think he is a terrible football coach. A defense guru who's defense is loaded with first round picks and sucks forever.

If the team was good enough we don't blow the 14 point lead. My point exactly..

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

How many carries did old man Forte steal from Powell ams McGuire today? Yeah, Forte and his 2 YPC is a real stabilizing influence on the team....lol

#Coaching is more than just calling plays.

Not sure why you're quoting me but here are today's stats

Powell 14 carries - 33 yards,

Forte 4 carries - 7 yards,

McGuire 1 carry - 2 yards.

So to answer your question, Forte took 4 carries away from Powell and McGuire. Where did you get stabilizing from me?

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The Falcons have been playing like sh*t & still played like sh*t & won. I think the entire AFC east has beaten them, except the Jets today.

The Falcons are a better team than the Jets. Remember back in 2010 when we played like sh*t and ecked out ugly wins against mediocre/bad teams? 

46 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think it hurts Bowels to make decisions. 

11 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Not sure why you're quoting me but here are today's stats

Powell 14 carries - 33 yards,

Forte 4 carries - 7 yards,

McGuire 1 carry - 2 yards.

So to answer your question, Forte took 4 carries away from Powell and McGuire. Where did you get stabilizing from me?

Bowles consistently plays the over the hill vets over young talent, hes done it simce day one here. Its become a problem. Other teams draft young, fast, dynamic players and PLAY them. Bowles? He keeps McGuire on the bench and trots out Old Man Forte. For "Stability". You didnt say it, Bowles does. 

Why can every other team field young players and trust them to do their jobs or at least learn the game, but Bowles needs to have his 38 year old QB in the backfield with a RB 2 years past his prime that looks like he has cement shoes?

They arent going to the playoffs, they never were this year. They need to play the young guys and see what they have to build with. Forte is not part of the Future, neither is McCown. 

Whatever. Its all pointless. The Jets aren't ever winning a Superbowl. Ever.

Im not rebutting you, Im just tired of backing a loser.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bowles consistently plays the over the hill vets over young talent, hes done it simce day one here. Its become a problem. Other teams draft young, fast, dynamic players and PLAY them. Bowles? He keeps McGuire on the bench and trots out Old Man Forte. For "Stability". You didnt say it, Bowles does. 

Why can every other team field young players and trust them to so their jobs or at least learn the game, but Bowles needs tp have his 38 year old QB in the backfiled with a RB 2 years past his prime that looks like he has cement shoes?

They arent going to the playoffs, they never were this year. They need to play the young guys and see what they have to build with. Forte is not part of the Future, neither is McCown. 

Whatever. Its all pointless. The Jets aren't ever winning a Superbowl. Ever.

Powell got the majority of carries today. OK so I will ask you then, let's say you're right. Why does Bowles start McCown? Why is Bolwes holding back Petty? What is the motivation for that.

Just now, RESNewYork said:

Powell got the majority of carries today. OK so I will ask you then, let's say you're right. Why does Bowles start McCown? Why is Bolwes holding back Petty? What is the motivation for that.

I dont know... Cowardice? Conventional wisdom? Fear of the unknown? Superstition? Jumbo shrimp? Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.

What I can guess is that Todd thinks winning 6 games is better for Todds personal future as a coach, and thinks playing these old guys who "know the system" can help him do that, and that playing the younger guys would probably be better for the future of the team, if he goes 2-14, he might not be a part of that future. Thats all I got. 

All I know is the guy is underwhelming. He is uninspiring. His defense sucks. He plays to not lose. He coaches scared. And it sucks.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

I dont know... Cowardice? Conventional wisdom? Fear of the unknown? Superstition? Jumbo shrimp? Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.

What I can guess is that Todd thinks winning 6 games is better for Todds personal future as a coach, and thinks playing these old guys who "know the system" can help him do that, and that playing the younger guys would probably be better for the future of the team, if he goes 2-14, he might not be a part of that future. Thats all I got. 

All I know is the guy is underwhelming. He is uninspiring. His defense sucks. He plays to not lose. He coaches scared. And it sucks.

Instead of looking for evil in his heart, just accept the simplest explanation. If Petty was better he would replace him with McCown. 

The reality is all 3 of these QBs are not good. And if that's the case, then the rest of the team better be good enough to cover that up. Just like a great QB can cover up the deficiencies of their team.

Archived