Fire Bowles Now!

Lupz27

59 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Todd Bowles was asked if there will come a point where he'll want to take a look at his young quarterbacks, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. Said Bowles: "I looked at all of my young quarterbacks in the summer. Josh (McCown) is MY quarterback."

He’s the HC. He doesn’t care today about week 13, 15, or 17. To ask a HC that question, week 8 at 3-5 when your QB is playing well, is looking to create sh*t. Nevermind the fact that the game ended 15 minutes earlier and they have a game in 4 days.  

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, rangerous said:

just what, exactly, could bowles have done to ensure the win?  could he force catnazaro to make the two missed fg's?  could he force the oline to run block and pass block better than they are?  can he somehow force mccown to make better throws?  the point is there are things beyond bowles control.  atlanta is not a bad team.  they were just in the superbowl and matty ice is one of the best qb's in the league.  and if you want to criticise bowles for the oline performance then you had better alos go after morton and the oline coach.

at the end of the day bowles is the guy most responsible for the team's success.  and , in a lot of ways, this team is not more talented than originally predicted.  if this is the case then their success has to be credited to bowles.

i don't care a whit about what a coach says at the press conference.  what matters is what he says to the team before, during  and after the games.

This isn't baseball where the coaches do nothing and to really can't blame a coach for a loss. In the NFL there are constant adjustments that are made to put teams in position to win and there are decisions late in games that optimize a teams chances of winning. Bowles teams have had a knack for coming up short late. That's no longer a coincidence, it's a pattern. 

One week its special teams, one week its turnovers, one week its defensive lapses etc... That's coaching. 

Even if you want to argue with everything I've said, you probably can't give me a good reason to stick with bowles. He's been here three years and no one can come away impressed with his coaching. 

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bowles consistently plays the over the hill vets over young talent, hes done it simce day one here. Its become a problem. Other teams draft young, fast, dynamic players and PLAY them. Bowles? He keeps McGuire on the bench and trots out Old Man Forte. For "Stability". You didnt say it, Bowles does. 

Why can every other team field young players and trust them to do their jobs or at least learn the game, but Bowles needs to have his 38 year old QB in the backfield with a RB 2 years past his prime that looks like he has cement shoes?

They arent going to the playoffs, they never were this year. They need to play the young guys and see what they have to build with. Forte is not part of the Future, neither is McCown. 

Whatever. Its all pointless. The Jets aren't ever winning a Superbowl. Ever.

Im not rebutting you, Im just tired of backing a loser.

Neither is marble mouth Bowles 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Todd Bowles was asked if there will come a point where he'll want to take a look at his young quarterbacks, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. Said Bowles: "I looked at all of my young quarterbacks in the summer. Josh (McCown) is MY quarterback."

This is one of the reasons why Todd Bowles will be fired at season end. :D

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

Serious? That's your argument

Your statement of "Watson would be a Jet and Adams would not if Bowles was not the HC of the Jets"

And that statement is based in logic? 

temp20150502-IMG_9482--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

So, your contention is that the Head Coach, standing in the draft room, on draft day, had zero knowledge or input into picks? That he had nothing to say? LOL. 

Of course he had weight in the picks. Since hes been HC, pur first rounders have been:

1. DT Leo Williams

2. LB  D. Lee

3. S Jamal Adams

What a shocker. The coach who made his name on the defensive side of the ball gets another 3 First rounders on Defense. 

But it was all a surprise to him. Because....logic?

OK

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

temp20150502-IMG_9482--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

So, your contention is that the Head Coach, standing in the draft room, on draft day, had zero knowledge or input into picks? That he had nothing to say? LOL. 

Of course he had weight in the picks. Since hes been HC, pur first rounders have been:

1. DT Leo Williams

2. LB  D. Lee

3. S Jamal Adams

What a shocker. The coach who made his name on the defensive side of the ball gets another 3 Forst rounders on Defense. 

But it was all a surprise to him. Because....logic?

OK

When did I say that a HC has no input? 

You're going to put up a picture of a HC and a GM in a draft room together, which is what every draft room looks like in the NFL, and that is your proof that Watson would be a Jet if it wasn't for Todd Bowles?

When did I say it was a surprise to anyone? 

I swear, you cry logic and this is what you bring? I can't understand anymore what it is, either it's delusion, or you crave drama with your sports, like a housewife with soap operas.

So the GM, scouts, assistants are pounding the table, "Hey Coach Bowles, Watson is a franchise QB, we should draft him"

And Bowles responds "No, I need a safety"

Is that how it went? 

Logic

Let's say that Macc and Bowles can grow into their jobs and be successful.

They have not shown this is highly likely, but it is possible.

But the Jets are going to have very important draft picks this off season and will have alot of money to spend.

The Johnsons would be looney tunes to let these same 2 guys back to the well again without some type of better supervision and input.

2 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Yes. The reason Jamal Adams is a Jet and Watson is a Texan is because of Bowles. 

Do you genuinely believe this type of nonsense? Because reading made up posts you read here does not make it fact.

And do you think comparing Bowles to a hall of fame coach helps your argument? 

Just like I think Bowles clearly had input into draft picks and yes, 'may have' lobbied against drafting a rookie QB and preferred a safety to make his defense work, its apparent that you argue the opposite 

Neither of us has any insider knowledge. None of US were there. What we DO know for fact is that when the Jets were on the board at 6, a very highly rated QB that checked all of the boxes was on the board. A similarly highly rated prospect at Safety was also on the board.

Any GM will tell you that as far as valuation goes, there is ZERO comparison between QB and Safety. QB is the position the game revolves around. Safeties are essentially situational or matchup players. 

The Jets have drafted QBs in the 4th and 2nd rounds in the last few years. Both have been underwhelming. Maybe Bowles didnt want to deal with another young QB, which also brings extra distraction in the NY market. Who knows?

Its conjecture. Its bias based on my observing this team and this coach for the last few years.

All I know is that with needs all over the team, especially on offense and the skill positions, after years of drafting Defense at the top of the draft....in 2017 when the New York Jets were on the clock at #6 with S President Mal and National Champion QB DeShaun Watson on the board, our team, with Former DB Todd Bowles as HC, Who made his name as a HC candidate running the Arizona Cardinals Defense known for its Defensive Backfield, notably former LSU stars Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson, and Hybrid LB/S Deone Buchanon.....Selected Jamal Adams, Safety, LSU.

Weird.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just like I think Bowles clearly had input into dradt picks and yes, 'may have' lobbied against drafting a rookie QB and preferred a safety to make his defense work, its apparent that you argue the opposite 

Neither of us has any insider knowledge. None of US were there. What we DO know for fact is that when the Jets were on the board at 6, a very highly rated QB that checked all of the boxes was on the board. A similarly highly rated prospect at Safety was also on the board.

Any GM will tell you that as far as valuation goes, there is ZERO comparison between QB and Safety. QB is the position the game revolves around. Safeties are essentially situational or matchup players. 

The Jets have drafted QBs in the 4th and 2nd rounds in the last few years. Both have been underwhelming. Maybe Bowles didnt want to deal with another young QB, which brings extra distraction in the NY market. Who knows?

Its conjecture. Its bias based on my observing this team and this coach for tge last few years.

All I know, is that with needs all over the team, especially on offense and the akill positions, after years of drafting Defense at the top of the draft....when the New York Jets went on the clock at #6, with S President Mal and National Champion QB DeShaun Watson on the board, our team, with Former DB Todd Bowles as HC, Who made his name as a HC candidate running the Arizona Cardinals Defense known for its Defensive Backfield, notably foemer LSU stars Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson, and Hybrid LB/S Deone Buchanon.....Selected Jamal Adams, Safety, LSU.

Weird.

Years? These guys have been here for 2 1/2 years. 

Watson was such a slam dunk to the NFL that he was the 3rd QB taken. Texans traded up with the Bills to take Watson. What if the trade doesnt happen? Do the Bills pass on Watson and how much further does he drop. 

I'm sorry was Bowles the only person wanting Adams? All that pre draft hype from every corner was calling Adams a top 3 pick. Was that all a smokescreen? If the Jets passed on Adams, how much further does he drop?

So a GM feels he has a franchise QB but decides to pass to appease his head coach? The same GM who is on the hot seat and decides to pass on franchise QB.

You say the Jets got it wrong, and they did, but so did the rest of the NFL. To say now that Bowles is the mastermind behind taking Adams over Watson is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

Years? These guys have been here for 2 1/2 years. 

Watson was such a slam dunk to the NFL that he was the 3rd QB taken. Texans traded up with the Bills to take Watson. What if the trade doesnt happen? Do the Bills pass on Watson and how much further does he drop. 

I'm sorry was Bowles the only person wanting Adams? All that pre draft hype from every corner was calling Adams a top 3 pick. Was that all a smokescreen? If the Jets passed on Adams, how much further does he drop?

So a GM feels he has a franchise QB but decides to pass to appease his head coach? The same GM who is on the hot seat and decides to pass on franchise QB.

You say the Jets got it wrong, and they did, but so did the rest of the NFL. To say now that Bowles is the mastermind behind taking Adams over Watson is ridiculous. 

This has become boring. Good night.

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This isn't baseball where the coaches do nothing and to really can't blame a coach for a loss. In the NFL there are constant adjustments that are made to put teams in position to win and there are decisions late in games that optimize a teams chances of winning. Bowles teams have had a knack for coming up short late. That's no longer a coincidence, it's a pattern. 

One week its special teams, one week its turnovers, one week its defensive lapses etc... That's coaching. 

Even if you want to argue with everything I've said, you probably can't give me a good reason to stick with bowles. He's been here three years and no one can come away impressed with his coaching. 

i guess using kerley, the most sure handed receiver, as the punt returner on the muffed punt wasn't maximising the probability of success? or trotting out catanzaro for a couple of 45 yard fg's as opposed to going for it on 4th and long?

i will give you the reason why they stick with bowles.  if, by the end of the season, this team is still trying to win games and he hasn't lost the locker room or the coaches then you keep him.  and instead of signing another vet next year, mac just drafts a qb and tells bowles his choice is petty, hack or the draftee.

10 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Yes. The reason Jamal Adams is a Jet and Watson is a Texan is because of Bowles. 

Do you genuinely believe this type of nonsense? Because reading made up posts you read here does not make it fact.

And do you think comparing Bowles to a hall of fame coach helps your argument? 

OMG, you're starting again, and your posts are complete nonsense....  I just woke up and started reading and can't take anymore of your dribble. Almost everyone on this board sees the same thing and you and a few keep talking Bowles up.  Well take him and McCown and you can root for whatever team he goes to. He should be FIRED and FIRED today....

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol you think Bowles knows what a good QB looks like?  He is just like his mentor Parcells who stubbornly let Romo sit on the bench for years while sh*tty old Vets played him to 6 wins, he finally got forced to play Romo, and what do you know a star was born even thou Parcells did everything in his power to make sure he didn't play because he was young, and Parcells doesn't trust young inexperienced players, same reason why us as Jets fans did not get to enjoy 15+ years of Peyton Manning at QB.

Amen +2

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol you think Bowles knows what a good QB looks like?  He is just like his mentor Parcells who stubbornly let Romo sit on the bench for years while sh*tty old Vets played him to 6 wins, he finally got forced to play Romo, and what do you know a star was born even thou Parcells did everything in his power to make sure he didn't play because he was young, and Parcells doesn't trust young inexperienced players, same reason why us as Jets fans did not get to enjoy 15+ years of Peyton Manning at QB.

Amen +2

3 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

OMG, you're starting again, and your posts are complete nonsense....  I just woke up and started reading and can't take anymore of your dribble. Almost everyone on this board sees the same thing and you and a few keep talking Bowles up.  Well take him and McCown and you can root for whatever team he goes to. He should be FIRED and FIRED today....

Sorry I ruined your morning. What did I say that was dribble? It was very coherent. You should have no problem understanding. 

If Bowles is fired I will still be a Jet fan. You can go root for the Texans.

2 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Sorry I ruined your morning. What did I say that was dribble? It was very coherent. You should have no problem understanding. 

If Bowles is fired I will still be a Jet fan. You can go root for the Texans.

It is coherent, it's just still dribble, lol... What makes you think I'd root for the Texans ?  I've been a JET fan for far longer then you've been alive I'm assuming (see I said assuming) lol...  I will always root for the JETS, but doesn't have to mean that I like this coach. He has yet to prove he has the knowledge, balls and any other verb you want to throw in there to be the coach of this team. It's a crime he is sticking with or for that matter even started McCown... He alone is stunting the growth of this team. He can't coach D, and he certainly knows nothing about offense either.

26 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

It is coherent, it's just still dribble, lol... What makes you think I'd root for the Texans ?  I've been a JET fan for far longer then you've been alive I'm assuming (see I said assuming) lol...  I will always root for the JETS, but doesn't have to mean that I like this coach. He has yet to prove he has the knowledge, balls and any other verb you want to throw in there to be the coach of this team. It's a crime he is sticking with or for that matter even started McCown... He alone is stunting the growth of this team. He can't coach D, and he certainly knows nothing about offense either.

The posts you're referring to is my saying Bowles is not the reason the Jets didn't draft Watson. That's all. Not trying to change your opinion of Bowles, and you don't have to try and change mine. I just laid out facts about how the draft went down. You think it's dribble, fine. Could care less. Care less if you like the coach, and if and when he's fired, I won't lost one second of sleep. But the made up lies outside of his coaching is ridiculous. I don't know how old you are but congrats on getting this far. Hopefully we're both still around when they win a SB.

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Bowles is a stubborn horses ass. But of course with his tremendous experience he knows better than anyone. I wanted him fired last year. I don't know if I can watch this team anymore, because just seeing him on the sidelines makes me sick.

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Bowles is a stubborn horses ass. But of course with his tremendous experience he knows better than anyone. I wanted him fired last year. I don't know if I can watch this team anymore, because just seeing him on the sidelines makes me sick.

Exactly this guy needs to go sooner than later he is hindering the rookies development and his coaching skills,pressers are the worst in the NFL he's a clueless moron. 

16 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

How many carries did old man Forte steal from Powell ams McGuire today? Yeah, Forte and his 2 YPC is a real stabilizing influence on the team....lol

#Coaching is more than just calling plays.

Why does the 2 ypc that Forte got bother you so much more than the 2 ypc than Powell got, or the 2 ypc that McGuire got?

The same people who want to fire Bowles after week 8 wanted to cut Mo Wilkerson after week 6

hey dum dums firing someone without an improvement waiting in the wings isn't smart. Is Todd perfect hell no but you all are fooling yourselves if you think Dan Quinn would be doing a better job right now, or that any coach you've ever heard of wants this job. 

end of the day I'll charity bet real money with posters against Bowles getting fired. The owner is overseas. They aren't making any big moves. This franchise is on auto pilot until it eventually runs out of gas and crashes into the ocean. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The same people who want to fire Bowles after week 8 wanted to cut Mo Wilkerson after week 6

hey dum dums firing someone without an improvement waiting in the wings isn't smart. Is Todd perfect hell no but you all are fooling yourselves if you think Dan Quinn would be doing a better job right now, or that any coach you've ever heard of wants this job. 

end of the day I'll charity bet real money with posters against Bowles getting fired. The owner is overseas. They aren't making any big moves. This franchise is on auto pilot until it eventually runs out of gas and crashes into the ocean. 

Why are the Jets in these games?  Is it Bowles genius coaching?  Bowles defense?  I personally don't think so.  I think the Jets are in these games because John Morton has come up with some really good Offensive game plans, and when the plays first read is correct McCown executes it fairly well (which any JAG who can diagnose a simple defense pre snap can do), he also has awesome 2nd, and 3rd read concepts built into these plays (someone who can diagnose a complicated defensive front, go through progressions quickly, or have a big accurate arm with a set of balls, or someone who can extend plays while getting out of the pocket, and keep eyes down field successfully, sometimes just feel the pocket, and shuffle instead of leave it prematurely), and any QB with one, or more of these traits, and the first trait that I said McCown is capable of doing would have this team putting up 30+ points a game IMO, after watching the first 8 weeks of this season I have done a complete 180 on the idea of actually bringing in either Brees, or A Smith for a WTF lets go for it year, or 2 IF Morton stays on, and Bowles is gone, hell I'd even go for it if Bowles stayed mistakenly as Brees, and Smith would have a chance to make up for Bowles in game coaching blunders by executing Morton's plays so much more effective then McCown could ever dream of (not really a knock on McCown he is what he is, and he knows it, and it's why he just takes the sack, or checks down under pressure late in games).

This is another reason why I would love to see Petty for a long stretch before the Jets were completely out of it with no handcuffs on the play calling, while I know he would not execute all of the easy reads that McCown can vs simple Defensive looks, I do believe he can more then make up for those missed opportunities with his gun slinger always looking to make the big play mentality, and the arm strength to try, and execute it, and if he starts hitting those big throws more then occasionally to Anderson, and deeper open WR's on the plays McCown instead checks down the ball after the 1st read was not there then this would open up the running game even with the O-line the Jets have IMO as the D would not be able to say here you go we are giving you single high Safety, and 8 men in the box GL trying to run, throw mis direction screen passes, and short WC offense routes in all this traffic we're gonna create in the middle with these 8 men.  Morton's offense is just scratching the surface, and a real QB could open up something special here (I also think Sam Darnold and John Morton would become the next Peyton Brees as both are a perfect fit together, say what you want about Darnold, but in my opinion there is no denying he has "IT", and with good coaching, and a great play caller he can get on the same page with he is a future stud in this league, and I think his skill set fits perfectly into the Morton system perfectly!).

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

cutting wilk was at least logical given his contract terms.  imo bowles should get launched if the team stops playing for him.  as long as he has control he should stay.  but i also think he needs to get the younger players more involved especially since any chance for the playoffs is slipping away.  whatever other issues bowles has can be fixed.

and as you say, unless there's someone demonstrably better, there's no point.  look at quinn.  he took his team to the superbowl last season and could barely get past the lowly jets with their one dimensional offense and fairly inexperienced defense.

15 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Serious? That's your argument

Your statement of "Watson would be a Jet and Adams would not if Bowles was not the HC of the Jets"

And that statement is based in logic? 

Totally impossible to imagine back in April, a GM wanting to give his handpicked 2nd round golden boy QB (Hackenberg) another shot this year, and if he still can't play there are eleventy billion franchise QBs in the 2018 draft.

Totally irrational to think this could be the GM's thought process. Has to be Bowles. It's the only logical explanation.

Of course, if Watson sucked and Adams was tearing the league a new one, all that credit would pass to Maccagnan over Bowles, because duh, Adams was already a ready-made superstar as the best player in the entire draft, that only Macc was smart enough to recognize.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell in 3 years he has regressed. Team is unprepared and undisciplined week after week and continues to make mistakes costing us games. 

that's all got to be weighed into the bowles decision. i don't agree with them being unprepared, at least on offense.  how many seasons did we suffer with rex and the team playing from behind because they couldn't score a point in the first quarter.  at least they're taking leads into half time.  as for the defense, imo a lot of it is because they have too much inexperience.  the discipline is a problem especially when the oline holds or commits stupid personal fouls.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Totally impossible to imagine back in April, a GM wanting to give his handpicked 2nd round golden boy QB (Hackenberg) another shot this year, and if he still can't play there are eleventy billion franchise QBs in the 2018 draft.

Totally irrational to think this could be the GM's thought process. Has to be Bowles. It's the only logical explanation.

Of course, if Watson sucked and Adams was tearing the league a new one, all that credit would pass to Maccagnan over Bowles, because duh, Adams was already a ready-made superstar as the best player in the entire draft, that only Macc was smart enough to recognize.

The way the power structure is setup, makes it pretty much impossible to know who is making which decisions. As far as I am concerned, they both have done a bad enough job to deserve being fired. Arguing over whose decisions are whose is impossible. We all have our own thoughts, but that is all they are. There is no reason at this point to think either is really capable of doing this job moving forward.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

The way the power structure is setup, makes it pretty much impossible to know who is making which decisions. As far as I am concerned, they both have done a bad enough job to deserve being fired. Arguing over whose decisions are whose is impossible. We all have our own thoughts, but that is all they are. There is no reason at this point to think either is really capable of doing this job moving forward.

They're both bad, and neither should have been hired in the first place.

The constant absolving of the GM by blaming the HC for this wonderful roster is pretty dumb. Bowles is not the GM and the GM doesn't march to the HC's drum. There isn't even so much as a wild, speculative rumor of that by a reporter with one of your little #agendas in 3 years.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

not that a good argument couldn't be made for taking watson over adams but let's see how watson does once he cycles through his division once and they start looking at his tendencies.  at this point it is what it is.  here's to hoping mac knows enough to grab one of the top flight qb's in this year's draft.

13 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

How many times does this have to be stated. Mcc is in charge of the roster and final say come the draft. 

Bowles has control of the game day roster. 

Its been reported this way from Jan 2015. 

Archived