Would you root for Brady if he ever played for the jets?

Philc1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I would.  Apparently all is not well in Cheaterland as the Alex Guerrero banning has made Tommy unhappy with Belly

and before you say it never will happen if I told you in 2007 Brett Favre would one day be a jet and possibly also Peyton Manning just 5 years later you would say it’s craxy 

Yes

59 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Is he bringing the Brady bunch of Kraft, Belichick, Adams & Guerero with him? No? Oh ok. Then he's not winning anyone any super bowls.

How many SBs did Belichick win with the Browns and with the Patriots prior to Brady? Yeah, that’s right. Don’t even have to look that one up. So much for washing Belichicks balls. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Aaron Rodgers is the best I've ever seen.

And no, I wouldn't root for Brady.  Similar to when the piece of sh*t Jason Taylor joined this team. **** them and they're Jet hating ways.  

Rodgers has gotten to 2 SBs and is 1-1.  Brady is 5-2 and he's got a clear road ahead for another (currently home field throughout the playoffs and the best team in the NFC lost their QB - Eagles).

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive been saying it for years Tom Brady will retire a NY Jet he will walk away from his contract in NE sign with the Jets win a Super Bowl and retire. 

Image result for tom brady ny jets pics

Dude - that ketamine is bad stuff ... why don't you just smoke a dube and drink some brewski's? 

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

If there is an award for the silliest question ever asked on a board, this should get a nomination

I would root for Kim Jong-un if he were on the Jets for the simple reason is that I am a Jets fan.  All hail the laundry.

People hate this guy because he is one of the best .. ever and the team he plays on wins while the team they root for doesn't. It is nothing but pure jealousy and frankly, poor sportsmanship. 

Apologies is you don't like it but a reasonable person knows that this is the truth

Image result for bravo gifs

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I would.  Apparently all is not well in Cheaterland as the Alex Guerrero banning has made Tommy unhappy with Belly

and before you say it never will happen if I told you in 2007 Brett Favre would one day be a jet and possibly also Peyton Manning just 5 years later you would say it’s craxy 

Sure and maybe YA Tittle will be reborn too.

14 hours ago, j4jets said:

Lol even at 40, Brady is better than ARod and it really isn’t close. No other QB has been as clutch as Brady. Brady is quickly running out of fingers to put the rings on. Aaron Rodgers is probably at #3 since the turn of the century. 

All the fancy stats: Manning and Arod

GW drives and SB rings: Brady

So with this logic Terry Bradshaw > Peyton Manning because rings and stuff.

You may disagree but Aaron Rodgers is the best I've ever seen and if you switched players and teams, Brady would have been out of the league by now.

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rodgers has gotten to 2 SBs and is 1-1.  Brady is 5-2 and he's got a clear road ahead for another (currently home field throughout the playoffs and the best team in the NFC lost their QB - Eagles).

Robert Horry > Karl Malone ?

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive been saying it for years Tom Brady will retire a NY Jet he will walk away from his contract in NE sign with the Jets win a Super Bowl and retire. 

When you say this, do the voices in your head answer you back?

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Trent Dilfer,Doug Williams, Brad Johnson>Dan Marino.:D

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nice try.  QB is not only by far the most important position in football but it’s one of the most important positions in all of sports.  

16 hours ago, JiF said:

So with this logic Terry Bradshaw > Peyton Manning because rings and stuff.

You may disagree but Aaron Rodgers is the best I've ever seen and if you switched players and teams, Brady would have been out of the league by now.

Lololololol even Fitz is still playing. You sure you ok?

On 12/21/2017 at 4:48 PM, joewilly12 said:

Given your name is joe willy 12 , you'd think you'd have a bit more respect for namath's number.

26 minutes ago, Edgy said:

Given your name is joe willy 12 , you'd think you'd have a bit more respect for namath's number.

Joe Namath at this point is a suffering fan of this organization having been the greatest QB in NY Jets history. knowing Joe he would be honored and allow for Tom to wear his #12 knowing he will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy the first time in 48 years since Joe Namath did it. 

On 12/21/2017 at 6:28 PM, j4jets said:

How many SBs did Belichick win with the Browns and with the Patriots prior to Brady? Yeah, that’s right. Don’t even have to look that one up. So much for washing Belichicks balls. 

That was unnecessarily aggressive for someone who claims to be a Jets fan. Maybe you should have looked it up. Belichick won two Super Bowls as defensive coordinator of two Phil Simms led teams. Think about that for a second. Phil. Simms.

Asking about Beli's track record as a first time head coach with the lowly Browns is not a feather in your cap, it's a self-serving rhetorical. Sure, he didn't win much. Then again, most coaches including the holy trinity of Lombardi, Walsh and Parcells didn't win much in their first couple of years. 

Regarding Brady: how much of a role did he play defensively in stopping the greatest show on turf? Was he the one that decided to throw it from the 1 with Marshawn in the backfield? Or was he the one that came up with the int? I am pretty sure he was on the field at the end of both of his super bowl losses...didn't do much there did he? What about that pick-6 against ATL? In fact, he was awful against the Falcons...his stats may look pretty because he collected them against a prevent defense, but when the Falcons were in their base defense, Brady was awful. He needed to rely on that run game.

At the end of the day, no one is taking his 5 rings away from him, just as no one is taking away Terry Bradshaw's 4 rings, but that's not the end all, be all. 

On 12/21/2017 at 6:02 PM, j4jets said:

Lol even at 40, Brady is better than ARod and it really isn’t close. No other QB has been as clutch as Brady. Brady is quickly running out of fingers to put the rings on. Aaron Rodgers is probably at #3 since the turn of the century. 

All the fancy stats: Manning and Arod

GW drives and SB rings: Brady

Brady's "clutch" factor has a lot more to do with Beli being able to keep games close and scheme his way to making things easy for Brady. 

2001 Divisional round: Brady fumbles to lose the game. But wait: tuck rule. Vinatieri comes in to save the day. Somehow, Brady's clutch narrative begins....somehow.

super bowl 1: belichick stopped the greatest show on turf and allowed Brady an opportunity to drive for a FG. The game was tied, so Brady was playing with house money. Its an extremely different scenario driving for a game winning fg when playing in a tied game as opposed to being down or having to score a TD. The defense plays you differently, the offense is called differently, and the confidence and mentalities are different for all 22 players on the field. Lastly, Vinatieri had to make that kick. Without Vinatieri, there is no advancing past the raiders, there is no Pats super bowl champs, and there is no "Brady is clutch" narrative

super bowl 2: again, tied game, Brady gets them into fg position, and Vinatieri made the kick to add to the "tom is clutch" narrative.

super bowl 3: see super bowl 2 above.

2005 against broncos: throws what seemed like a 100 yard pick six in the third quarter when the game was still in reach. Ended up losing the game. Not too clutch.

2006 against the colts: had the ball when down, and ended the game with throwing an int.

super bowl 4: had the ball when down, and ended the game with 4 incompletions and turnover on downs. 

super bowl 5: see super bowl 4 above

super bowl 6: put his team in position to win, but didn't play very well. 2 ints. His defense came up clutch as he ended the game celebrating on the sideline

super bowl 7: threw a back breaking pick6, and in general was awful. After the Falcons implosion and beli's masterful clock management and game calling (Brady played well and racked up some nice stats against the Falcons prevent defense), when Brady was asked to play against the Falcons base defense, he again sucked. He went 4-and-out on the final drive of regulation, but was saved by a penalty against the Falcons on 4th down. Then, he threw a ball that would should have been picked. Like the easiest pick ever, and the defender dropped it. When Falcons went back to their base defense, he had to rely heavily on the run game on the final drive of regulation and OT, because he couldn't complete a pass for the life of him. These are not "clutch" traits.

Again, no one will ever take his rings from him. He earned them. I'm not blind enough to not see that he had a significant part in it. My thing is that I think Beli and his crew had more to do with this dynasty than Brady does, because there is ample evidence (as stated above) that proves that Brady's narratives in the media are dumbed down and easily digestible by the masses. To say he's clutch or more important than belichick or better than someone as dynamic and individually brilliant as Aaron Rodgers just because "5 shiney preciouses moaaaar then 1 shiney preciouses!!!!!!" is...well, simplistic.

9 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That was unnecessarily aggressive for someone who claims to be a Jets fan. 

There’s your problem right there. 

Maybe you should have looked it up. Belichick won two Super Bowls as defensive coordinator of two Phil Simms led teams. Think about that for a second. Phil. Simms.

Maybe you should have read my post? Since when did Belichick win two SBs with Phil Simms while coaching the Browns n Patriots?

Asking about Beli's track record as a first time head coach with the lowly Browns is not a feather in your cap, it's a self-serving rhetorical. Sure, he didn't win much. Then again, most coaches including the holy trinity of Lombardi, Walsh and Parcells didn't win much in their first couple of years. 

Correction there. Calling them lowly Browns is an overstatement. It’s the same team that became the Ravens. One playoff birth in 5 seasons while stinking the other 4 isn’t something to proclaim him as a genius. He was well on his way out of NE if it wasn’t for the hit on Bledsoe.

Regarding Brady: how much of a role did he play defensively in stopping the greatest show on turf? Was he the one that decided to throw it from the 1 with Marshawn in the backfield? Or was he the one that came up with the int? I am pretty sure he was on the field at the end of both of his super bowl losses...didn't do much there did he? What about that pick-6 against ATL? In fact, he was awful against the Falcons...his stats may look pretty because he collected them against a prevent defense, but when the Falcons were in their base defense, Brady was awful. He needed to rely on that run game.

Did u miss the part where I said Brady was clutch? Maybe so. How many GW drives has Brady had in the SBs? 

At the end of the day, no one is taking his 5 rings away from him, just as no one is taking away Terry Bradshaw's 4 rings, but that's not the end all, be all. 

If the game was on the line and I had to pick one QB, it would be Brady. As much as I hate that sob, I know what he can do. And that’s why I hate him even more. 

On 12/21/2017 at 4:48 PM, joewilly12 said:

Bugggin ? no one wears that number ever again. No way Joe Willie gives it his blessing, not even for Brady.

Archived