No Mo sun

Joe Jets fan

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For once, just once, I’d like to have a GM that trades guys for a nice price at the right time, rather being good at getting out of big contracts the GM himself created.

You wanted him to see into the future to properly determine if Wilkerson would suck later down the road after a 12 sack season and consistent play prior to the contract? Well, while that isn’t humanly possible, he did do the next best thing by creating a way out. We wanted him long term for a reasonable reason at the time and we pulled it off while protecting ourselves. Why aren’t we applauding our GM?

You wanted him to see into the future to properly determine if Wilkerson would suck later down the road after a 12 sack season and consistent play prior to the contract? Well, while that isn’t humanly possible, he did do the next best thing by creating a way out. We wanted him long term for a reasonable reason at the time and we pulled it off while protecting ourselves. Why aren’t we applauding our GM?

GM’s are supposed to have a fair amount of foresight. So, yes, I do expect the GM to, at least occasionally, make the right decision once in a while.

We had offers on the table for Mo and a glut on the D-Line at the time. Even a 2nd and a 4th would have looked very nice by now.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

GM’s are supposed to have a fair amount of foresight. So, yes, I do expect the GM to, at least occasionally, make the right decision once in a while.

We had offers on the table for Mo and a glut on the D-Line at the time. Even a 2nd and a 4th would have looked very nice by now.

We had just let Snacks go because the Giants offered him so much. We needed to at least secure Mo for his assumed continuous play. We got it done. I don’t believe for a second that even 3% of the people on this board didn’t want to try and lock him up long term.

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

Because his production to that point hadn't earned it?  

And if Mo had been let go and kept up that production, you wouldn't be here now complaining, right?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't as a GM.  But the failure to play or try is 100% of Mo.

The Pats traded Chandler Jones for a 2nd rd pick who had the same amount of sacks as Mo playing one less year. In his last 2 years with the Cards he's had 26 sacks..

Well, this might be good for saving money but I question if any top free agent is coming here after seeing this pattern? We are looking kind of Cleveland-esque? I hope it works, but I think it might be a train wreck? Not doubting that Mo quit on them but I am questioning why? I think it is our current Management and coaching. They both seem very smug for two guys who have done nothing?

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For once, just once, I’d like to have a GM that trades guys for a nice price at the right time, rather than being good at getting out of big contracts the GM himself created.

Instead, we always seem to have a GM that gets clowned by just about every other front office in the league, and competes against no one to sign players to bad contracts.

Seattle says hello

11 hours ago, j4jets said:

So what’s the harm in releasing this lazy fcuk right now? I don’t see any cap implications. It sends out a good message to the players that just got paid or about to get paid. 

He would be free to sign with a playoff contender and potentially embarass the Jets further 

As Parcells said, you can't let a player shoot his way out 

42 minutes ago, Larz said:

He would be free to sign with a playoff contender and potentially embarass the Jets further 

As Parcells said, you can't let a player shoot his way out 

Well I was mainly referring to the cap aspect of it. But Mo IS shooting his way out. He will be released in a couple of months and would be free to sign elsewhere, say the Pats. Then if he wins a SB, does that embarrass us the same way?

23 hours ago, roscoeword said:

What happened to him is exactly what happened to Haynesworth, are defensive linemen more prone to dogging it after securing a big contract? 

You mean like Snacks, after he got a good $2-3m more than he'd have cost us a year earlier?

Other than Haynesworth almost 10 years ago, and Mo these past 2 seasons, there aren't many who come to mind.

This should help: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/defensive-line/ 

Hard to find a bigger douche than Mo on that list.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean like Snacks, after he got a good $2-3m more than he'd have cost us a year earlier?

Other than Haynesworth almost 10 years ago, and Mo these past 2 seasons, there aren't many who come to mind.

This should help: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/defensive-line/ 

Hard to find a bigger douche than Mo on that list.

Hard to find management to much stupider than us.  I saw this two years ago. 

Just now, Warfish said:

You guessed.  You didn't see or know sh*t mate.  

Stop patting yourself on the back, or we'll have to ship you a cookie and a gold star.

Bullship.   Mo was slow, and had a bad resume.   Of course I never met him but I now know 2 NFL GMs personally.  They aren’t as smart as you think.  I am telling you.. at the Charlotte JETS club, we have a kid who I would  give the GMs job tomorrow.    look at the decisions made by our GMs. Santonio, Sanchez, Mo etc.   ridiculous.  

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Bullship.   Mo was slow, and had a bad resume.   Of course I never met him but I now know 2 NFL GMs personally.  They aren’t as smart as you think.  I am telling you.. at the Charlotte JETS club, we have a kid who I would  give the GMs job tomorrow.    look at the decisions made by our GMs. Santonio, Sanchez, Mo etc.   ridiculous.  

Just stop.  Mo was amongst the best and most productive D-Linemen in the NFL when he was resigned.

You threw a ton of sh*t against the wall, this one stuck.  Congrats, the giant cookie is with FedEx now and should be to you in time for tomorrow.  

The question that should be asked is this:  Was Mo/Sheldon's downfall related to losing what looks more and more like the lynchpin, Snacks, via free agency?  The crumbling of our D-Line and Defense coincides with his loss.

6 hours ago, j4jets said:

Well I was mainly referring to the cap aspect of it. But Mo IS shooting his way out. He will be released in a couple of months and would be free to sign elsewhere, say the Pats. Then if he wins a SB, does that embarrass us the same way?

No, if you shoot all the bullets you have, players and agents notice. 

Releasing him now is just not the right time 

On 12/23/2017 at 2:15 PM, dbatesman said:

Excited for all the articles praising Maccagnan for “changing the culture” by releasing a guy he gave $53 million.

At least he didn't turn out to be a serial killer who leaves his gay lover by committing suicide in prison... 

So we have that. 

Which is nice 

It's easy, if there not an elite pass rusher, Do Not pay them 17 mill per!!

3-4 Ends are not worth that money.

Unless it's Bruce Smith or JJ Watt, and to be honest both just move around the line and arnt 3-4 ends.

We payed 17 mill for a Run stuffer. We let the NFL's premium Run stuffer go to the Giants for half the money. 

11 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I wish I had the time to go find the topic and bump it so we could all see who was pounding the table for Mo to get resigned. 

I know a few.. I pounded the table for Snacks and bye, bye Mo. Don't pay 3-4 end's elite edge rusher money.

Hard lesson learnt.

Archived