Do You Think We'll Trade Up in the Draft?

Grandy

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Darnold goes back and Rosen won’t want any part of the Jets as currently constituted. Way too risky to trade up for a guy who’s likely going to get everyone fired out of spite.

Browns he said this about.

and NO..they aren’t the same as the Jets. The Browns just went 0-16 and 1-15 the year before. So stop before you even start.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Browns he said this about.

and NO..they aren’t the same as the Jets. The Browns just went 0-16 and 1-15 the year before. So stop before you even start.

You be Mike Maccagnan and sell me, Josh Rosen, why the Jets are different than the Browns, and why I’d rather play for you than the Giants.

3 minutes ago, First_Blood said:

This is the year to trade up for your guy. It sucks we Denver could not win but we still have the ammunition for a trade up. I hope Mac is aggressive and at least tries, good QB's in this class get your guy!

Enough is enough already. We need a damn QB.

Who? Which QB are you so set on that he’s worth most of this draft and next years first?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You be Mike Maccagnan and sell me, Josh Rosen, why the Jets are different than the Browns, and why I’d rather play for you than the Giants.

We're different from the Browns because we can actually win a game.

15 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Do y'all think Trading up for one of the big 2 QB's (Darnold, and Rosen) is a feasible idea? What do you think would be neccessary to pull it off, and how high we would try to move up to?

I sure as hell hope so, it’s our best bet IMO unless we steal Jimmy G from SF if they don’t do the smart thing and use the exclusive tag on him I’d give up 2 1sts for him over Darnold, or Rosen hell we would probably have to give up 2 1sts plus to move up for one of them, only thing is we don’t get the 4 cheap years of their service, but I’ll gladly pay the big money for the guy that has showed franchise QB promise in the NFL instead of in college.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because we can cover up dick pic scandals much better then the Giants can.

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I sure as hell hope so, it’s our best bet IMO unless we steal Jimmy G from SF if they don’t do the smart thing and use the exclusive tag on him I’d give up 2 1sts for him over Darnold, or Rosen hell we would probably have to give up 2 1sts plus to move up for one of them, only thing is we don’t get the 4 cheap years of their service, but I’ll gladly pay the big money for the guy that has showed franchise QB promise in the NFL instead of in college.

We finally agree on something.

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Darnold goes back and Rosen won’t want any part of the Jets as currently constituted. Way too risky to trade up for a guy who’s likely going to get everyone fired out of spite.

Then Rosen’s Our guy. It’s settled!

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Agree. This has to be the year. We need to stop F**ing around a get a QB. And we need to keep John Morton, cut Matt Forte and keep this offense moving into the current NFL. 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oddly enough, our OL, as suspect as it is at times, is actually far better than the Giants'.  Those lovely WRs the Giants have aren't going to be very helpful to Rosen if he's on his back before he completes a 5-step drop.  Then there's the locker room situation which for once, has the Giants looking like the circus while the Jets, other than Wilk who will be gone soon, are fairly calm. Add to that the Jets have far more cap to address needs with than the Giants and it's not a huge stretch.  The whole vibe of the Giants being the classier, better-run organization between the two has pretty much been shattered this season IMO.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Agree. This has to be the year. We need to stop F**ing around a get a QB. And we need to keep John Morton, cur Matt Forte and keep this offense moving into the current NFL. 

Bowles take on this: McClown was great. I hope he comes back that way we can package some picks and trade for the Rams punter.  I’m getting more involved in coaching and the overall strategy of the game and punting is an offensive and defensive weapon. Totally underrated. 

Just now, BigO said:

Bowles take on this: McClown was great. I hope he comes back that way we can package some picks and trade for the Rams punter.  I’m getting more involved in coaching and the overall strategy of the game and punting is an offensive and defensive weapon. Totally underrated. 

We also need a long snapper for our punting game. Heard there’s a great one in 2nd round and guess what? We have two 2nd rounders!! BALLIN!

47 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Do y'all think Trading up for one of the big 2 QB's (Darnold, and Rosen) is a feasible idea? What do you think would be neccessary to pull it off, and how high we would try to move up to?

No it’s not feasible.

It would cost vastly too much if the picks were available.

The picks will not be available.

And even if they were Macc and Bowles wouldn’t do it.

Even if they did it, they’d likely pick the CB Fitzpatrick.

So stop fantasizing.

22 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I cannot fathom any scenario where SF would let Garoppolo go, even for 2 first rounders, after that 5-win run they just went on.  You're not wrong to be in favor of offering the 2 first-rounders, but I think that fans would tear the stadium down if they made that deal.  I know if the situation were reversed, we'd feel the same.

Just now, Warfish said:

No it’s not readable.

So stop fantasizing.

You know a lot.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Oddly enough, our OL, as suspect as it is at times, is actually far better than the Giants'.  Those lovely WRs the Giants have aren't going to be very helpful to Rosen if he's on his back before he completes a 5-step drop.  Then there's the locker room situation which for once, has the Giants looking like the circus while the Jets, other than Wilk who will be gone soon, are fairly calm. Add to that the Jets have far more cap to address needs with than the Giants and it's not a huge stretch.  The whole vibe of the Giants being the classier, better-run organization between the two has pretty much been shattered this season IMO.

That’s not too shabby.

20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

We draft at 6. The Browns need a QB, so they won't be trading down. And the Giants are likely going for a QB and if they aren't, they aren't helping us out. So odds are we would have to trade up to 3 (but the Colts have already said they want Saquon). Then comes the Browns again. They are already loaded with picks, so they may just snag  BPA, if not the cost of trading up from 6 to 4, is generally a 3rd round pick, MAYBE the Seattle 2nd if another team is being aggressive. Remember, at that point 2 QBs have already been taken, so it's not like you are trading up for the #1 QB in the draft.  

Unless the Browns do something stupid and opt to trade out of 1 (which they won't), we aren't going to be trading away 2 1sts to move up. 

Considering Cousins is available, Allen/Rosen/Mayfield/maybe Darnold, there are plenty of options and trading up isn't necessarily required. That's why it was so important to lose those last few games to from 10-12 to the #6 pick. It also helped that the niners traded for their franchise QB (which also helped them win games and end up with the 9th pick and with no desire to trade up). 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

At least some of you arent as idiotic as the Jet fans on Facebook. You won’t believe the type of garbage I come across. Genius wants to trade up for Josh Allen

AFA84EFA-6127-4614-82AB-469688D5706F.png

How do you know Allen won't turn out to be great? I am not super high on him, but he has enormous tools (way better than Hack for all the dopes that think they are comparable). There are already rumors that the Browns are going after him at 1. And not the same old browns, but a new front office that knows what they are doing. 

Personally, I'd rather have Darnold/Rosen, so I would be thrilled if the Browns take him, but to laugh at Allen isn't a good idea. He is better than some of you give him credit for. If he was running Oklahoma's office, with Oklahoma's talent, he would be putting up pinball machine numbers also. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How do you know Allen won't turn out to be great? I am not super high on him, but he has enormous tools (way better than Hack for all the dopes that think they are comparable). There are already rumors that the Browns are going after him at 1. And not the same old browns, but a new front office that knows what they are doing. 

Personally, I'd rather have Darnold/Rosen, so I would be thrilled if the Browns take him, but to laugh at Allen isn't a good idea. He is better than some of you give him credit for. If he was running Oklahoma's office, with Oklahoma's talent, he would be putting up pinball machine numbers also. 

I’m one of the “dopes” that will compare them. I have ZERO interest in Allen. Period. I hope Browns DO get him and continue screwing up. When he gets in the league and throws Wild is the day i’ll finally shut up. Until then..he’s ASS and not an attractive option for the Jets IMO

56 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Too soon for me to answer that. Will no more after the over hyped combines and what we do in free agency.

It's possible.

Draft Insider Tony Pauline has said that Browns GM John Dorsey doesn't like Rosen, and has said he'd stay away from him.

If that's true, it's possible they could trade down if we really liked Rosen. It's been said Dorsey really likes Mayfield (he himself has basically admitted it). If they trade down, they could still get him with the 4th pick and then go BPA at 6.

Another option is the Browns could pull a Chargers move and draft Eli with the intention of trading him afterwards. And if we select Mayfield or Allen, we could swap QBs afterwards (chances are very high, but it could happen)

There’s no middle ground with Allen.

Either he’s the next Big Ben or the next Blake Bortles.

I would be a little nervous taking him but I wouldn’t be pissed. I wouldn’t hold it against the Jets if they walk away with any of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield or Jackson.

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I cannot fathom any scenario where SF would let Garoppolo go, even for 2 first rounders, after that 5-win run they just went on.  You're not wrong to be in favor of offering the 2 first-rounders, but I think that fans would tear the stadium down if they made that deal.  I know if the situation were reversed, we'd feel the same.

Well if they non-exlusive franchise tag him which they might they would either need to match the offer or take 2 firsts and the Jets could structure a deal SF could not match.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well if they non-exlusive franchise tag him which they might they would either need to match the offer or take 2 firsts and the Jets could structure a deal SF could not match.

We really can't.  They have the most free cap in the league going into next year (over $100MM).  

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No it’s not feasible.

So stop fantasizing.

Nonsense. It would be a win win. First, it’s more than possible. Look at recent history. Rams got Goff, Eagles got Wentz. Both paid out the butt, But, they got their franchise QB. And they both playing lights out and moving in right direction. Second, packaging picks to get a bonafide franchise QB prevents Mac from wasting all these picks on terrible choices like Lee, 2 safeties, Hack, Devin Smith. That’s 2 ones and 3 two’s right there wasted on the way. Make the trade and stop dicking around ?. At worst, Bowles sits him for 2 years, they fail to improve and both these numb nuts get fired and our franchise QB is ready. 

Archived