*** wildcard weekend games thread ***

Integrity28

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Alex Smith is the only reason the Chiefs have a chance. He is carrying the whole team on his back

Yup. Tyreek Hill dropped 3 passes to start the game and has been invisible. Kelce is out. Reid forgot about Hunt. And the KC D has gone MIA.

And Dick Lebeau is bringing it. Time for Smith to make a play...

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Cousins at 30 Million would still leave us almost &0 Million to spend on FA signings!!  That amount is more than the vast majority of the NFL has to spend or to put it another way if we spend on Cousins who would it stop us from signing?

Answer = No One!!

People aren’t realizing that it’s not about how much we will have left...it’s about what we will be getting for our money. Value over everything. We are going to make the guy the highest paid QB of all time for 4 years of play. Derek Carr is 25..it was okay if he got it. Kirk? Nah..

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Alex Smith is the only reason the Chiefs have a chance. He is carrying the whole team on his back; coach and all

Perhaps you should direct some credit to the QB that engineered this comeback?

Marcus fn' Mariota.

Just now, HighPitch said:

My dream would to sign cousins or smith as fas, and draft a qb at 6.

hedge your bets you freaks!

If it’s a Cousins signing ..we ain’t going QB at 6. 

Alex Smith? I can see it happening very easily ..which is what I’m currently trying to preach to this forum .

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Cousins at 30 Million would still leave us almost 65 Million to spend on FA signings!!  That amount is more than the vast majority of the NFL has to spend or to put it another way if we spend on Cousins who would it stop us from signing?

Answer = No One!!

If Kirk 7-9 Cousins is worth $30M a year and a guaranteed $60M, on a 5 year deal, then the NFL is doomed. LOL. And that's the kind of money we're actually talking about. Screw that. 

I'd rather trade for Smith and his $17m salary and extend him for 3-4 years if we're going the Vet QB route....OR trade for smith on his current deal with 1 year remaining (and chance to tag or extend id needed) and draft a guy high. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I will to a degree. He reminds me of Tyrod Taylor 

I understand the comparison.  But I think if they put some WRs around MM, you will see the ceiling.

MM is more accurate than TT on short and intermediate routes.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, CrazyCarl, explain what you want? You want Kirk Cousins and his non-winning pedigree for $30M and $100M+ over the next 5 years?

Make a point. 

I’m confused why you guys are arguing over Kirk Coysins in the wildcard game thread.

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Ben Roethlisberger lost in AFCCG in 1st year and won SB in 2nd.

Russell Wilson made playoffs first 2 years winning SB in 2nd. 

Rex and Sanchez may have been first rookie QB/HC combo to make Championship Game first two years, but other rookie QBs have had more success.

You are obviously correct with Ben, that is certainly true, but going to the AFCCG game 2X is much different than going to the playoffs in Wilson's case; and Sanchez had much less experience than Big Ben or Wilson which is what I always state but didn't this time.

Again no QB with as little experience as Sanchez did what he did; and my point is that Jets fans should be looking to repeat what Big Ben accomplished with Bowles and company.

I just don't have faith in that scenario...

Archived