*** wildcard weekend games thread ***

Integrity28

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

No short notice road trip this go around?... Can't wait for that game. Going to immortalize a lof of dawgs in the halls of georgia if they pull it off - which is totally doable with that running game.

No.  Not going to be able to swing it.  Thought about it but between some stuff going on at work and the $2,000+ ticket prices, going to have to watch this one at home.  Really hoping to see Fromm take a couple of shots deep early to try to open up the running game.  I expect Bama to crowd the line of scrimmage to try to take away both running game and the quick hitch and out routes away from us.  Go deep early to loosen them up -- they are not going to give us the easy throws we had against Oklahoma.  

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like Mariota and Matt Ryan would greatly benefit from being subjected to the psychological prep/torture/imprisonment that V put Evey Hammond through in the Alan Moore classic, V for Vendetta

Matt Ryan, the mainland Marcus Marriota 

56 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

How could you possibly want Andy Reid after watching this game, and just about every other big moment he's ever coached?

How?

Oh FFS, it was a joke...you know, like when KC gave us a Pick for Herm? LOL

I dont want Andy Reid, but he would be the best coach this sh*tshow has had since Parcells. And we have a lot of history with rotund coaches....

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh FFS, it was a joke...you know, like when KC gave us a Pick for Herm? LOL

I dont want Andy Reid, but he would be the best coach this sh*tshow has had since Parcells. And we have a lot of history with rotund coaches....

Andy Reid with 2017 Jets would have done no better. As a matter of fact, the Jets beat the Chiefs.

Did you even notice that Reid screwed up clock management at the end of the 1st half? He was lucky the receiver got into the end zone or they would have run out of time.

Andy Reid is gonna Andy Reid.   

"Good news; Yeah, I got a new Job in KC, Todd. Bad news is you ain't coming". 

Bowles is so awful not even a dolt like Andy Reid wanted to keep him around. 

Let that sink in for a bit. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Although the Defense gave up 24 in the first half..they didn’t give up a single point the rest of the game.. it was really on the whole team tbh.

edit: he did play well though that post season. I can’t argue that.

They gave up 17 in the first half and 17 the entire game.  A Sanchez turnover (surprise, surprise) led to the other 7.  Holding a team to 17 points in their own building in the playoffs should be enough to get it done.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Jesus Christ with this. That was a really fun series to watch and the refs handed LA a free time out. Let them play the ******* game already. Replay really ruins some sh*t at times. 

Death by replay. NOBODY is tuning in to hear Ed Hochuli. 

12 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Sucks bc now pats prob play titans instead of chiefs 

Ya I immediately went into reading up on the Titans... The analysts seem to be saying if their running game is on with both Henry and MM, they're pretty tough to beat... Maybe that's a strategy that works against NE? Keep the ball out of Brady's hand and wear down the defense? I dunno'. 

58 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Sucks bc now pats prob play titans instead of chiefs 

It might not be as bad as you think. Three times this year, mobile QBs gave the Pats a battle in Foxboro.  Cam, Watson, and Tyrod.

Remember when a guy named Mike Vick traveled to Green Bay for a playoff game, against Favre and the cold and Lambeau...etc.

The Titans played a lousy game, and came away with a win at Arrowhead. The Titans haven't played their best game yet. 

Tennessee will probably be intimidated and certainly outcoached.  But also playing with house money and the Pats can use their "us against the world" mentality... but the Titans can use the "nobody gives us a chance."

"Great moments are born from great opportunities,"   Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks.

P.S. I forgot the Titans have to play against the refs too...  which is probably the biggest challenge.

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Aaron Donald is the Mike Trout of NFL defensive players, guy is amazing 

Seriously. I don't know who Mike Trout is, what position he plays, or what team he plays for.

All I know is he is a baseball player.  Boring ass game...

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

One of the great mysteries of modern culture is how Al Michaels came to be recognized as being good at his job. 

Because people compare him to his partner "the ret*rded scarecrow"

I wasn't able to watch the KC-TEN game, but I did just catch this play.  As bad as the bullsh*t calls/non-calls against us were this year, how in the world does the NFL ever explain this one?  Textbook strip sack only Tripplett decided in some twisted NFL officiating logic that it wasn't a sack because...apparently...Mariota's forward progress was stopped so the play was whistled dead?  Did I read that right?!  

The only thing that surprises me is that they didn't save this one for the Pats next week.  Holy crap!

Archived