College National Championship game....

Beerfish

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Hate him or not how many coaches in football would even consider the move he made at QB to start the second half? It was a terrific game.

My home boy Todd...yeah you probably know him..the  Notorious bad ass, Todd Bowles? He would of pulled that guy in the 1st Quarter

In a desperate attempt to quit.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

My home boy Todd...yeah you probably know him..the  Notorious bad ass, Todd Bowles? He would of pulled that guy in the 1st Quarter

In a desperate attempt to quit.

We dont fire quitters, we give them extensions!!!

8 hours ago, nycdan said:

Do you not remember the Steelers playoff game?

That was the game where Jerome Bettis threw a touchdown pass on us? 2004 season if I remember correctly. Doug Brien missed 2 field goals at the end of the game!!  I was bartending at Penn State and the bar was full of Steelers fans.  They all knew how big of a Jets fan I was, so after the loss they tipped me well. 

21 minutes ago, Banks81 said:

That was the game where Jerome Bettis threw a touchdown pass on us? 2004 season if I remember correctly. Doug Brien missed 2 field goals at the end of the game!!  I was bartending at Penn State and the bar was full of Steelers fans.  They all knew how big of a Jets fan I was, so after the loss they tipped me well. 

And hopefully bought you a few rounds as well.:D

Watching Saban post game declaring that all they had to do was execute and that the only reason they were behind in the 1st half was lack of execution pissed me off.

I will give him credit for being a great coach though.  Most coaches would never in a million years have the balls to pull the starter.  I know our head coach and his old school 'so and so is our starter' would never dream of doing such a thing.

12 hours ago, The Walrus said:

Just don't know. Would be nice to be on the right side of history one day.

it's like basically you need 25 yards for a first down.  How do you let anyone get behind you??? worst case you give up 2 ten yard plays and they kick a field goal.

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Watching Saban post game declaring that all they had to do was execute and that the only reason they were behind in the 1st half was lack of execution pissed me off.

Turned the game off before the post game - I couldn't bring myself to watch it.  But when you win you can say what you want.  It is frustrating that there were so many pivotal plays and big calls and at least in the second half, most of them seemed to go against us.  We had a chance to put them away in the 3rd quarter.  QB escapes & makes a play on 3rd and long, we block a punt, but offset by a bad offside call.  Intercept a pass, but give it right back.  3rd down face mask missed. 

By the time we got into the 4th quarter it was just a question of whether we could hold them off, and obviously we couldn't.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why we would not go to Michel more in the 4th quarter.  We open up the quarter up 10, and he reels off 3 straight runs -- 10 yards, 5 yard and 13 yards.  And then he only touches the ball once more over the last 14 minutes.  I can't help but think had we stuck with Sony we win the damn game.

Just now, batman10023 said:

it's like basically you need 25 yards for a first down.  How do you let anyone get behind you??? worst case you give up 2 ten yard plays and they kick a field goal.

I am going to be re-living that play for the next 8 months.  After the 1st down sack, I felt great about our chances.  2nd and 26.  In OT.  Looked like we were in position to force their kicker to make a 40+ yard FG to extend the game.  A guy who has already missed two chip shots.  Either that or we are in position to force them to go for it on 4th down.    Then 1 play and it is over. 

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Turned the game off before the post game - I couldn't bring myself to watch it.  But when you win you can say what you want.  It is frustrating that there were so many pivotal plays and big calls and at least in the second half, most of them seemed to go against us.  We had a chance to put them away in the 3rd quarter.  QB escapes & makes a play on 3rd and long, we block a punt, but offset by a bad offside call.  Intercept a pass, but give it right back.  3rd down face mask missed. 

By the time we got into the 4th quarter it was just a question of whether we could hold them off, and obviously we couldn't.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why we would not go to Michel more in the 4th quarter.  We open up the quarter up 10, and he reels off 3 straight runs -- 10 yards, 5 yard and 13 yards.  And then he only touches the ball once more over the last 14 minutes.  I can't help but think had we stuck with Sony we win the damn game.

The most important series of the entire season and you guys had Swift out there and neither of the 2 studs. Made zero sense. 

Curious...I like Frohm as a game manager type, he's never blown me away and he seemed extremely rattled when Bama was making their charge.  Any part of you feel like Eason is the better player and would have had a better passing attack with him? 

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

The most important series of the entire season and you guys had Swift out there and neither of the 2 studs. Made zero sense. 

Curious...I like Frohm as a game manager type, he's never blown me away and he seemed extremely rattled when Bama was making their charge.  Any part of you feel like Eason is the better player and would have had a better passing attack with him? 

For the first time last night, I think Fromm looked like a freshman.  I still like him better than Eason, although it is hard to judge since Eason rarely got on the field after the first quarter of the first game. 

Just comparing freshman years, I think Fromm was much more accurate than Eason last year.  He did not play well last night, but I don't think we get as far as we did if Eason started instead of Fromm. 

May not matter for next year.  Reports this morning on some of the Dawg websites saying that Eason will be transferring to UW -- going back home to Seattle.  If true, I will be rooting for him when he is back there.  He handled this season with professionalism and maturity not often seen in a 20-year old kid.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

For the first time last night, I think Fromm looked like a freshman.  I still like him better than Eason, although it is hard to judge since Eason rarely got on the field after the first quarter of the first game. 

Just comparing freshman years, I think Fromm was much more accurate than Eason last year.  He did not play well last night, but I don't think we get as far as we did if Eason started instead of Fromm. 

May not matter for next year.  Reports this morning on some of the Dawg websites saying that Eason will be transferring to UW -- going back home to Seattle.  If true, I will be rooting for him when he is back there.  He handled this season with professionalism and maturity not often seen in a 20-year old kid.

how you feeling today? Crushing loss last night -- i had to watch on delay due to work. What a thriller, hated seeing "the empire" come through in the end. Only Nick fcking Saban would run a freshman QB out there at half time... lord almighty. 

I thought Fromm played well considering. He's not perfect but he makes plays that count... why the running game disappeared for stretches though... 

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

Frohm certainly seems like the more accurate passer but I also don't think he was asked to do what Jacob was asked to do last season.  This years run attack, while the same guys, was 10x better for Georgia from where I was sitting.  Same with the protection.  It seemed as if Eason was running for his life every game last year and he didn't get quite the production from Michel and Cubb like Frohm did this year.  Eason just seems like the better athlete/player with a much more lively arm while Frohm just seems more like the quintessential game manager.  Werent his highest attempts on the season, in the playoffs?

I was talking about Eason transferring out west the other day, could you imagine him in Leach's system?  Whoa.  I know UW is home but I'd highly considered WSU if I were him.

So what happens next year when Fields comes into the fold?

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

how you feeling today? Crushing loss last night -- i had to watch on delay due to work. What a thriller, hated seeing "the empire" come through in the end. Only Nick fcking Saban would run a freshman QB out there at half time... lord almighty. 

I thought Fromm played well considering. He's not perfect but he makes plays that count... why the running game disappeared for stretches though... 

Disappointing end to a great season.  Losing the way we did  is going to hurt for a while.  I like the program that Kirby is building, but it is so hard to get to the championship game that you never know when/if he might get us back there.

But on the positive side, I have watched so many Jet games over the past few years (especially the last 2) where I didn't really care about the outcome. Sundays have become a stress free viewing experience, but not Saturdays this season.  This Dawg run has reminded me how great this game is when so much is at stake that you are on the edge of your seat for every play.  For 4 hours, nothing else matters other than what happens on that field.

I want to get that from the Jets again.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Frohm certainly seems like the more accurate passer but I also don't think he was asked to do what Jacob was asked to do last season.  This years run attack, while the same guys, was 10x better for Georgia from where I was sitting.  Same with the protection.  It seemed as if Eason was running for his life every game last year and he didn't get quite the production from Michel and Cubb like Frohm did this year.  Eason just seems like the better athlete/player with a much more lively arm while Frohm just seems more like the quintessential game manager.  Werent his highest attempts on the season, in the playoffs?

I was talking about Eason transferring out west the other day, could you imagine him in Leach's system?  Whoa.  I know UW is home but I'd highly considered WSU if I were him.

So what happens next year when Fields comes into the fold?

With Eason, I was looking forward to seeing if he could develop -- what his potential was.  But he was outplayed by Fromm on the field.  Last year, he left a lot of plays on the field.  The accuracy issues really bothered me last season.  he missed a lot of open throws.  Eason is definitely the better pro prospect with the better arm.  But I still feel like Fromm is the better fit for this team

To paraphrase everyone's favorite coach, Fromm gave us the best chance to win.

As to Fields, I am guessing we will have a package for him and he will see some limited action next year with Fromm getting the majority of playing time.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

With Eason, I was looking forward to seeing if he could develop -- what his potential was.  But he was outplayed by Fromm on the field.  Last year, he left a lot of plays on the field.  The accuracy issues really bothered me last season.  he missed a lot of open throws.  Eason is definitely the better pro prospect with the better arm.  But I still feel like Fromm is the better fit for this team

To paraphrase everyone's favorite coach, Fromm gave us the best chance to win.

As to Fields, I am guessing we will have a package for him and he will see some limited action next year with Fromm getting the majority of playing time.

Fair.

So Chris Leak and Tim Tebow style?  ;-)

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The pain for Saban losing the Iron bowl probably greater than the joy Saban gets from winning the national championship

Auburn beat both Georgia and Bama this year btw. 

Saban said last night that he was the happiest he's ever been.  I think the second he lifted his 6th Nat'y...he forgot about losing the Iron Bowl while Auburn got beat by the other National Champs n their non-playoff bowl game. lol

Archived