Non QBs you want to see the Jets draft

Pointdexter

Saquan Barkley in round 1 would be excellent. 

James Washington in round 2 would be incredible.

I love Bradley Chubb but it's "offense or riot" this year for me in rd 1.

I also think Lamar Jackson in rd 2 is intriguing just because of the athlete he is. This is a kid who will make a mark in the NFL at WR if not QB.

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

An Edge rusher would do wonders for us.  Imagine less double teams on Leonard Williams.  

I agree.  I just feel like a really good Edge Rusher would make Leonard Williams much much better because he'd be seeing a lot less double teams.  An Edge Rusher would also make our secondary as a whole better because he'd be getting into the backfield more wreaking havoc and causing the QB to force and rush more throws therefore leading to more mistakes.  Come home Bradley Chubb.

Clev - Darnold

NYG - Rosen

Ind - Barkley

Clev - Fitzpatrick

Den - J. Allen

NYJ - CHUBBBBBBBB

I would only be happy if we signed a QB (Cousins/Bridgewater) in FA and Chubb was there for us at 6.  Wow.  Just wow.

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mybe 1 DE not 2. This has to be a O heavy draft for once. Maybe pick a OL in a top round for once 

I don't think WR or TE are going to be big needs for us. I want Jensen in FA and then Nelson at #6 so the only other position assuming we get Cousins would be RB which is where Guice would come in.

IMO if we got to the QB faster I think we'd get better production out of the secondary.

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is that a real player or did you fall asleep at the keyboard?

I know I have to google it cause I never know how to spell it haha I really like him and Ejiofor and would have no problem with us double dipping at Edge with 2 of our top 4 picks this year. 

Need to go Offense.  I'd love Chubb at Edge/OLB but I just think we FINALLY need to go O in Round 1.  I like Q. Nelson from ND....nasty, interior lineman.  He'd be the Kevin Mawae of OGs....but #6 is way early to take a guy like that.  Really wanted Pat Elfien at C last year.  Oh well, we'll probably take a DT.

8 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Saquan Barkley in round 1 would be excellent. 

James Washington in round 2 would be incredible.

I love Bradley Chubb but it's "offense or riot" this year for me in rd 1.

I also think Lamar Jackson in rd 2 is intriguing just because of the athlete he is. This is a kid who will make a mark in the NFL at WR if not QB.

Call me crazy but I think Barkley may fall in our lap. A lot of teams feel you can draft a very quality rb later in draft. Saints last yr as most recent example. If 3 qbs go before us, there is a good chances other 2 teams pick best OL, best D player.. nobody thought Williams or Adams would make it to us either. 

40 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Need to go Offense.  I'd love Chubb at Edge/OLB but I just think we FINALLY need to go O in Round 1.  I like Q. Nelson from ND....nasty, interior lineman.  He'd be the Kevin Mawae of OGs....but #6 is way early to take a guy like that.  Really wanted Pat Elfien at C last year.  Oh well, we'll probably take a DT.

You think for once in 2 decades ? lol. My concern is, Who decides that obvious point ? Definitely will not Todd Bowles recommendation. Mac has said he almost always picks what Bowles wants. Hint it isn’t offense lol. So would woody or his bro step in and set these morons straight ? I have doubts 

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Call me crazy but I think Barkley may fall in our lap. A lot of teams feel you can draft a very quality rb later in draft. Saints last yr as most recent example. If 3 qbs go before us, there is a good chances other 2 teams pick best OL, best D player.. nobody thought Williams or Adams would make it to us either. 

I'm sure Barley will be very good but we need a QB.  I guess if we acquire Cousins/Brees/Smith then we could make a move like this.  But RBs have a short shelf life and even the best RB can't do his thing without an OL (not in the NFL at least).

The following. In THIS order. Common theme- pass rusher and O-line

1. B.Chubb- no-brainer top D-line pass rush prospect, IMO

2. O.Brown- probably the consensus top OT prospect in the draft.

3. C.Williams- if Brown isn't the top OT prospect, its probably Williams. 

4. McGlinchey- Depending on what strengths you value most, McGlinchey is a top 3 OT prospect and I have no problem taking him 6th overall. 

5. A.Key- easily one of the top outside/LB pass rushers in the draft with immense upside. He would be far from a 'safe' pick- based on production...but based on talent I have no problem taking him at 6. 

*S.Barkley is an exception here. If the Jets are able to address the O-line outside of the draft, and Barkley was sitting there at 6, I would love to pick him up. NOT too early for a RB IMO. I have always felt that as long as you get the best available player (yes, even if he is a Safety!) you should feel confident in pulling the trigger in the top 10.   

20 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Chubb or Barkley but I don’t think either player falls to us

Well, luckily I think the way the math works out if both Chubb and Barkley are off the board, the Jets should get a chance at taking a top QB or OT prospect. We are in the same exact situation we were in last year. At 6 we may not get the player we desperately need but we will get one of the top players in the draft if we do not reach.

Having said that, I actually think Chubb WILL fall right into the hands of the Jets and having let go of Wilk, with the top 3 QBs off the board the Jets will draft him in a heartbeat. 

1. Darnold

2. Rosen (no the Giants will not trade out of this pick. I think they will fall in love with Rosen)

3. O.Brown (tough to gauge who the Colts will go after because they have a ton of holes. But it's clear they need to protect Luck. OT is one of their biggest needs and Brown is a top 5 prospect IMO)

4. Barkley (Browns top needs are OT and CB. The obvious choice would be to take an OT to protect Darnold. But I think they will address that in FA and if Barkley is there, pairing Darnold with a super talented, versatile RB is just too tempting for the brownies.)

5. J.Allen (I'm on the Josh Allen to the Broncos bandwagon. I think they will be ecstatic if he is there at 5)

6. Chubb (get ready to boo, Jet fans. No Baker Mayfield, no O-lineman, no RB. And then get ready to eat crow b/c Chubb is the top player in the draft. He is 2018's version of Leonard Williams. You will love him as a Jet).      

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm sure Barley will be very good but we need a QB.  I guess if we acquire Cousins/Brees/Smith then we could make a move like this.  But RBs have a short shelf life and even the best RB can't do his thing without an OL (not in the NFL at least).

Agree. But my point is since we won 5 games, we don’t have the luxury of picking Our first or 5 choices ha. If the qbs all go early and Mac is left with his D in 1 hand and coffee in the other who does he take? BPA says Barkley 

10 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

OMG, a staffer tells Mac that Barkley is available.  He hears "Sack One" Barkley, so he thinks must be a defender and makes the pick.  Then by a mere accident do we draft offense in the first round.

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

OMG, a staffer tells Mac that Barkley is available.  He hears "Sack One" Barkley, so he thinks must be a defender and makes the pick.  Then by a mere accident do we draft offense in the first round.

I really think Mac is a big wuss, bowles could kick his ass easily and Mac knows it. When Bowles “recommends “  he take a D player ( surprise ) he just has to give him the “ if you don’t I’m gonna whoop that ass “ look ha

079F70E8-B849-47ED-8B74-88D0BBA6C910.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You think for once in 2 decades ? lol. My concern is, Who decides that obvious point ? Definitely will not Todd Bowles recommendation. Mac has said he almost always picks what Bowles wants. Hint it isn’t offense lol. So would woody or his bro step in and set these morons straight ? I have doubts 

What....just because we continue to hire Defensive coaches (Mangini...Rex...Bowles) and have strung together about 8 First Round defensive players in the Draft?  You're saying there's a pattern here???? :P

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What....just because we continue to hire Defensive coaches (Mangini...Rex...Bowles) and have strung together about 8 First Round defensive players in the Draft?  You're saying there's a pattern here???? :P

The pattern is Brady continues to put up 35-burgers on our defense

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Define irony. A defensive coach Who knows nothing about offense, is the one who decides what’s best for the offense ??

Archived