Non QBs you want to see the Jets draft

Pointdexter

Who do you want to see the Jets draft that is not a QB?

I like Jaylen Samuels, NC State (wr/rb). Reminds of the anquan boldin, hines ward, jerrico cotchery skillset.

Also like Auden Tate, Florida State (WR).  6'5 with jumping ability and hands. Knows how to high point the ball. Good speed, not great. Probably our best WR from day 1.

Both of these guys can be had in round 2 or 3.

46 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Who do you want to see the Jets draft that is not a QB?

I like Jaylen Samuels, NC State (wr/rb). Reminds of the anquan boldin, hines ward, jerrico cotchery skillset.

Also like Auden Tate, Florida State (WR).  6'5 with jumping ability and hands. Knows how to high point the ball. Good speed, not great. Probably our best WR from day 1.

Both of these guys can be had in round 2 or 3.

We already took 2 WR’s in the 3rd and 4th.. I know we need a #1 but should we spend draft capital on a position that doesn’t need immediate attention oppose to the O line and HB

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

We already took 2 WR’s in the 3rd and 4th.. I know we need a #1 but should we spend draft capital on a position that doesn’t need immediate attention oppose to the O line and HB

with you on this one.  besides you get a comparatively much better oline player with a no 2 round pick than you would a wr.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Jets actually have done something right re WRs.  We don't know how last years guys will turn out but we got Anderson and Kearse on the ultra cheap resource expenditure wise and both showed last year they are good enough to let a QB move the ball with them.

Pretty much any offensive lineman would work for me...  Mike McGlinchey would be fun. I know  Quenton Nelson is the consensus top OL guy, but taking a guard at 6 just doesn't sit well with me... But a tackle would be great.

OLB Roquan Smith is also a great player. I'm sure people would roll their eyes at another defensive pick but it would give the Jets an elite outside presence that they lack. 

2 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

The question needs to be refined... non-QB and non-Defensive Back.

One of the recent mocks had us taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at #6.  The best thing is, he can play Safety too.

I saw the same thing from Kiper. A hybrid safety at 6, from the same school as our main man Dee Milliner. Jets fans would probably riot in the streets.

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

The question needs to be refined... non-QB and non-Defensive Back.

One of the recent mocks had us taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at #6.  The best thing is, he can play Safety too.

How about non-QB and non safety. I'm alright with a corner back in round 2 and later.

I want Marquis Haynes but only in the 4th or later and only if there’s an offense in place before that round.

If I could pick just one player on offense in this draft that isn’t a QB it *might* be Brian O’Neill the OT. I’m also at least temporarily in prospect like with Kerryon Johnson now that the world loves Michel enough for first round talk. 

3 hours ago, peebag said:

Best OLine prospect of course but.......... I've been following Malik Jefferson ever since he was a freshman at Texas.  Not sure if he's a need but if somehow he ended up on the Jets, I'd be psyched!

wayne-goats.gif?w=806

Rd1

RB Saquon Barkley

Rd 2-3

RB Derrius Guice

RB Sony Michel

RB Rashaad Penny 

RB Ronald Jones 

WR Courtland Sutton 

WR James Washington

WR Christian Kirk

WR Calvin Ridley

OL Connor Williams

OL Mike McGlinchey

OL Quenton Nelson

Rd 4-7

RB Josh Adams

RB Mark Walton

RB John Kelly

WR Allen Lazard

WR Auden Tate  

WR Michael Gallup

WR Jaleel Scott

WR DJ Moore

WR Equanimeous St Brown

WR Deontay Burnett

Rd 1

DE Arden Key

DE Bradley Chubb 

CB Minkah Fitzpatrick 

Rd 2-3

LB Roquan Smith

DT Da'Ron Payne

CB Jaire Alexander

CB Tarvarus McFadden

DL Lowell Lotulelei

DL Taven Bryan

DE Josh Sweat

DE Sam Hubbard

DE Tyquan Lewis

LB Jerome Baker

CB Denzel Ward

CB Isaiah Oliver 

CB Joshua Jackson

CB Carlton Davis

CB Kevin Toliver II

LB Tremaine Edmunds

LB Khalil Hodge

23 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets actually have done something right re WRs.  We don't know how last years guys will turn out but we got Anderson and Kearse on the ultra cheap resource expenditure wise and both showed last year they are good enough to let a QB move the ball with them.

Kearse isn't that cheap.  He gets around $5M.  Worth the money, but there are plenty of guys getting in that range - Rishard Matthews, Decker, Thielan, Goodwin, Marshall, Terrance Williams, Maclin, etc, etc.  Golden Tate and Sanu are in the vicinity.

45 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I’ve been wondering who this year’s starting IOL from Iowa will be. Thanks! 

They actually have 2.  Sean Welsh was a very good Guard for the Hawks.  I think he has NFL starter potential too in RD 4 or 5.  Not the ceiling of Scherff or Yanda(or Daniels even) but good.  Reminds me of Matt Slauson.

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

They actually have 2.  Sean Welsh was a very good Guard for the Hawks.  I think he has NFL starter potential too in RD 4 or 5.  Not the ceiling of Scherff or Yanda(or Daniels even) but good.  Reminds me of Matt Slauson.

Yeah I’ve noticed Welsh before but not Daniels, who instantly just reads as a better prospect. I’m not into Price because of the 1st/2nd price for a C when guys like now Daniels and Ragnow (injury) might be there in the 3-5 range. 

13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

An Edge rusher would do wonders for us.  Imagine less double teams on Leonard Williams.  

feels like we haven't had one in 10 years/since Shaun Ellis

haven't seen much of Arden Key and a concerning health sheet but he will be a freak at the combine 

Archived