ESPN Denver Radio: Vikings in drivers seat for Cousins

bitonti

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yes. Rosen at 1, Mayfield at 4. Run the cards up now.

Signed. But I read somewhere by some system Darnold projects better than Rosen statistically, havent seen Qbase and don't follow CFB personally.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Signed. But I read somewhere by some system Darnold projects better than Rosen statistically, havent seen Qbase and don't follow CFB personally.

I have no difficulty believing that. Something is gonna have to give as far as start count to account for the practical realities of more guys coming out early, and I haven't looked at relative completion percentages. Clearly neither of them is a home run by the standards of ten years ago. I'm only a couple of days in but Rosen's deep accuracy is really marvelous.

7 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I have no difficulty believing that. Something is gonna have to give as far as start count to account for the practical realities of more guys coming out early, and I haven't looked at relative completion percentages. Clearly neither of them is a home run by the standards of ten years ago. I'm only a couple of days in but Rosen's deep accuracy is really marvelous.

Got ya. I've just started researching too, Mayfield at 6 seems like the best and most realistic outcome as of now. I would also prefer Rosen over Darnold but that is based on little more than wanting to avoid another USC QB early.

Just now, CTM said:

Got ya. I've just started researching too, Mayfield at 6 seems like the best outcome as of now. I would also prefer Rosen over Darnold but that is based on little more than wanting to avoid another USC QB early.

I don't think there's anything standing in the way of Rosen/Darnold being a matter of preference. I'd be very happy with Mayfield at 6 and am probably giving people too much credit that I worry he's gone by then too. We're pretty much in the same place on this, no shock.

8 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don't think there's anything standing in the way of Rosen/Darnold being a matter of preference. I'd be very happy with Mayfield at 6 and am probably giving people too much credit that I worry he's gone by then too. We're pretty much in the same place on this, no shock.

Teams aren't in the habit of drafting 6'1 QB's top 10. The talking heads are all over Allen now, I know teams do their own research but it's hard not to be influenced by the Kiper's and Mayocks of the world if only to avoid the extra pressure that comes with an early pick being lampooned vs praised.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I personally feel like we should just be signing McCown back as our backup/insurance and mentor to whomever we draft at #3

Lifetime 23-50 record.

5 wins in 2017 is second best year ever. 

8 NFL teams (so far). 

138 years old.  Hurt every year.

Mentor?

scratching-chin.jpg&key=11ee99af158d17da

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

eh, this conversation is already 5x more thought and care i've put into on my own. I personally feel like we should just be signing McCown back as our backup/insurance and mentor to whomever we draft at #3

I agree (although I'd stay @ 6)... McCown already knows the offense & the players no need to try & find continuity & overpay someone else... Draft Mayfield, start McCown, start Mayfield by game 6... Anyone here thinks this team will do Anything this season is in for a Loonnng season.

If the Jets don't land Cousins, especially if he goes to the Vikings, they have to do what it takes to trade up if they don't think the QB they want will be on the board at #6.  I don't see how Mac would put his career on the line by standing pat and hoping a QB he's comfortable with is available at #6. 

I personally think that at least one pick out of picks #3 and 4 will be traded to a QB hungry team, and without Cousins, it's very likely that Denver will be looking at QB's at #5.  That would lave the Jets to pick the 5th QB on the board.  It's absolutely amazing to m that even with the 6th pick, the Jets could be looking at drafting the #5 QB on the board.  Under no circumstances can Mac let this happen.

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If the Jets don't land Cousins, especially if he goes to the Vikings, they have to do what it takes to trade up if they don't think the QB they want will be on the board at #6.  I don't see how Mac would put his career on the line by standing pat and hoping a QB he's comfortable with is available at #6. 

I personally think that at least one pick out of picks #3 and 4 will be traded to a QB hungry team, and without Cousins, it's very likely that Denver will be looking at QB's at #5.  That would lave the Jets to pick the 5th QB on the board.  It's absolutely amazing to m that even with the 6th pick, the Jets could be looking at drafting the #5 QB on the board.  Under no circumstances can Mac let this happen.

Exactly.  We cannot stand pat and just hope one of the QB's are available at 6.  We could be left out in the cold or looking like Peter Brady alone at his own party.

1280x720-XkN.jpg

11 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

That one baffles me. The Georgia guys, Guice, Auburn dude, the guy JiF likes...I mean, ******* why?

This is my contention with Barkley...I get he might also be an incredible receiver but...yeah, there are so many options. 

Ralph Webb.  I'm telling you, he's my biggest sleeper.  Look at his comps.  And dude played at Vanderbilt.  Love his confidence too.  Claims he's the best RB in the country.  Just put on the tape! He's a freak athlete too...apparently he puts up over 400 on the bench and he's 5'10  and a shade over 200.  

1 Herschel Walker 5259 1980 1982 Georgia
2 Nick Chubb* 4769 2014 2017 Georgia
3 Darren McFadden* 4590 2005 2007 Arkansas
4 Kevin Faulk 4557 1995 1998 LSU
5 Bo Jackson 4303 1982 1985 Auburn
6 Ralph Webb* 4178 2014 2017 Vanderbilt
7 Errict Rhett 4163 1989 1993 Florida
8 Dalton Hilliard 4050 1982 1985 LSU
9 Charles Alexander 4035 1975 1978 LSU
10 Anthony Dixon*

On 2/26/2018 at 6:20 PM, Augustiniak said:

It's not a tough sell for the fan base.  It's tough for mccagnan to accept that his job will depend on him.  

Q: name the last 2 Big 12 Qbs to make a pro bowl.

Answer: Vince Young and RG3

They don’t play defense in the Big 12

Just now, Philc1 said:

Q: name the last 2 Big 12 Qbs to make a pro bowl.

Answer: Vince Young and RG3

They don’t play defense in the Big 12

Q:  name the last offensive player on the jets to make a pro bowl who was drafted by the jets

Q2: name the last offensive skill player on the jets to make a pro bowl who was drafted by the jets

the answers to these questions are more pathetic than the answers to yours unfortunately

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Highlight reel, I know but it's hard to watch this and not love Webb:

He's a nice player but this draft is filled with plenty of talented backs outside of the big names. Justin Jackson, rashaad penny, akrum wadley, kalen Ballage. I've never seen such a deep class of backs. So while I love Barkley, I'm more than happy waiting until round 2 to take a RB.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Highlight reel, I know but it's hard to watch this and not love Webb:

Honestly looking at his HIGHLIGHT Reel. He looks like Bilal Powell or Kevin Faulk, nothing amazing. A grinder, but if you are comparing him to better prospects like Barkley, Michel, Guice or Chubb... He is not in that class and its easy to see in the tape.  

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's a nice player but this draft is filled with plenty of talented backs outside of the big names. Justin Jackson, rashaad penny, akrum wadley, kalen Ballage. I've never seen such a deep class of backs. So while I love Barkley, I'm more than happy waiting until round 2 to take a RB.

Even waiting till the second pick of the 2nd round or 3rd round, and use the first 2nd rounder on edge rusher or OL.

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Honestly looking at his HIGHLIGHT Reel. He looks like Bilal Powell or Kevin Faulk, nothing amazing. A grinder, but if you are comparing him to better prospects like Barkley, Michel, Guice or Chubb... He is not in that class and its easy to see in the tape.  

Dude.  He plays for Vanderbilt.  lol  Put him behind Georgia's oline and he's doing the same sh*t.

That said, there is a reason he's a late round sleeper.  Those guys are definitely better.  But for the value if he's around in the 5th or 6th?  That's nice. 

Just now, Skeptable said:

Even waiting till the second pick of the 2nd round or 3rd round, and use the first 2nd rounder on edge rusher or OL.

There is more than enough RB talent to wait until our 3rd round pick, but I'd prefer to address by the 2nd round. But if we pull an Idzik and wait until rounds 4-5 to address RB and pass on all the higher end RBs it will be a problem. At some point this team needs to draft playmakers and not "sleepers" at RB/WR. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There is more than enough RB talent to wait until our 3rd round pick, but I'd prefer to address by the 2nd round. But if we pull an Idzik and wait until rounds 4-5 to address RB and pass on all the higher end RBs it will be a problem. At some point this team needs to draft playmakers and not "sleepers" at RB/WR. 

if cousins agrees to go to the jets, he would probably demand that mccagnan use those picks to give him more weapons.  

Just now, JiF said:

Dude.  He plays for Vanderbilt.  lol  Put him behind Georgia's oline and he's doing the same sh*t.

That said, there is a reason he's a late round sleeper.  Those guys are definitely better.  But for the value if he's around in the 5th or 6th?  That's nice. 

He's a solid 5th/6th round talent, but don't you agree that this team needs to draft a 2nd round talent at RB on the hopes of landing a Kareem Hunt/Cook type talent as opposed to addressing RB in the 5th/6th round and hoping that player becomes "serviceable." We need playmakers on offense!

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's a solid 5th/6th round talent, but don't you agree that this team needs to draft a 2nd round talent at RB on the hopes of landing a Kareem Hunt/Cook type talent as opposed to addressing RB in the 5th/6th round and hoping that player becomes "serviceable." We need playmakers on offense!

I think Webb is a play maker. I think if Webb played a Georgia, he's be in the 3rd round discussion and possible Heisman candidate  He flew under the radar because he played at Vandy.

That said, I LOVE Michel and if he's there in the 2nd, I'd love that pick.

My point with Webb is, RB talent is deep.  That's all.  I wasnt making a case for waiting for him just that he could be a sleeper. 

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if cousins agrees to go to the jets, he would probably demand that mccagnan use those picks to give him more weapons.  

I'm assuming that Macc, as part of his pitch, would include a game plan which includes adding a Center (Richburg via FA), a RB in the draft (Barkley at 6 or a RB in the 2nd round) and at least 1 FA WR signing (Robinson if not tagged/Richardson/Lee).

You aren't getting Cousins by telling him you are going with Powell as your #1RB and Anderson/Enunwa/Kearse as your WR corp. 

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think Webb is a play maker. I think if Webb played a Georgia, he's be in the 3rd round discussion and possible Heisman candidate  He flew under the radar because he played at Vandy.

That said, I LOVE Michel and if he's there in the 2nd, I'd love that pick.

My point with Webb is, RB talent is deep.  That's all.  I wasnt making a case for waiting for him just that he could be a sleeper. 

We already have Powell and McGuire is my point... we don't need a third.  And there was nothing in tape that screamed sleeper.  He is good not great... and depending on who we get at center and the deep talent pool, we need great. 

That is my point. Even with Georgia's line there is no way he is better then Chubb or Michel and they weren't even in the conversation for Heisman, so that in itself is asinine statement. 

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Lifetime 23-50 record.

5 wins in 2017 is second best year ever. 

8 NFL teams (so far). 

138 years old.  Hurt every year.

Mentor?

scratching-chin.jpg&key=11ee99af158d17da

If we wanna play that game, Cousins record says we should pay Keenum more than captain Kirk... so spare that stat narrative BS. Assuming our #2 is not expected to see the field, there's nothing wrong with McCown you ol' curmudgeon 

Archived