The harsh reality!

LockeJET

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

No doubt. But didnt stop us from offering more money hoping that would change his mind.

I believe what you're saying but I just don't think it's some kind of indictment on Macc..  the guy clearly wanted to go to Chicago.

Today he has a post with himself in a Bulls jersey.  

It is what it is.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I believe what you're saying but I just don't think it's some kind of indictment on Macc..  the guy clearly wanted to go to Chicago.

It is what it is.

If you look hard enough you may be able to build a valid explanation why each individual decided to take more money elsewhere. But in the aggregate, it's a big old fat middle finger to Macc and more likely Bowles. No one wants to destroy their next contract value by coming to Moronville.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

It is what it is.

I totally agree. I started this thread because many were blaming Mac for not signing guys. All I'm saying is, he was aggressive. We were ready to pay up even if it mean over paying. But guys chose better situations over money. The blame on Mac should be for our roster and bleak looking future.

Now will someone please explain to me again why it was such a great idea to pass on Mahomes and or Watson last year???

Really the Jets for the last two years beat the farm on Fitzpatrick and then McCown?

Really????

The key is you have to have a plan.  

If this was the Jets full fledged plan, than it stinks so far. 

Napoleon once said “there is nothing wrong with a General being defeated, but there is something wrong with not being PREPARED!!!”

1 minute ago, jgb said:

We are easily dead last. We're so far down there I can't even tell who the team ahead of us is.

The Brown are clawing their way out, but the Bengals still have Marvin Lewis.  

One a brighter note, we get a new understanding of what it's like to work for Johnson & Johnson.

46 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Don't post here often but for those of you who know me from the other board should remember that I have a solid connection from within our organization. All I will say is this. We were in on a bunch of these guys. We offered Robinson and Cousins more money then they received and we were willing to match any deal on Norwell. All 3 of these guys chose better situations over money. So the blame shouldn't be on Mac for not signing guys. The blame should be on Mac for putting together such a crappy roster that when all things are equal the top players and coaches don't come here.

Thanks for posting and since you dont post here often, I'll just let you know the bold was the biggest duh ever.  We've been talking about it for months.  The real fans were like, but money.  The SOJF were like, but we suck.  SOJF's win again.

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

One a brighter note, we get a new understanding of what it's like to work for Johnson & Johnson.

You kiddin me? The Board would never let Woodrow close to that company. He's the drop that fell farthest from the bell end if you catch my meaning.

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

I totally agree. I started this thread because many were blaming Mac for not signing guys. All I'm saying is, he was aggressive. We were ready to pay up even if it mean over paying. But guys chose better situations over money. The blame on Mac should be for our roster and bleak looking future.

Pretty sure more blames should fall on Woody.  At least we'll get to see if three years in Macc can build through the draft cause it looks like we have no other choice.

Just now, JiF said:

Thanks for posting and since you dont post here often, I'll just let you know the bold was the biggest duh ever.  We've been talking about it for months.  The real fans were like, but money.  The SOJF were like, but we suck.  SOJF's win again.

mccagnan is old school, thought that money would solve his problems.  now that he's seeing they won't, does he figure out that getting a qb is the only way he keeps his job - or does he think drafting decent defensive players is still enough?

Just now, jgb said:

You kiddin me? The Board would never let Woodrow close to that company. He's the drop that fell farthest from the bell end if you catch my meaning.

At a certain point New Jersey should consider eminent domain.  

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Now will someone please explain to me again why it was such a great idea to pass on Mahomes and or Watson last year???

Really the Jets for the last two years beat the farm on Fitzpatrick and then McCown?

Really????

The key is you have to have a plan.  

If this was the Jets full fledged plan, than it stinks so far. 

Napoleon once said “there is nothing wrong with a General being defeated, but there is something wrong with not being PREPARED!!!”

There is no plan. Spent big year 1, nothing in year 2, full gut job in year 3, now looks like back to nothing.

No plan whatsoever.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

Except we don't because the Johnson family kept both of these morons as far away from their family company as possible. As Jets fans, we know why. 

36 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Believe what you want but it's 100% the truth. Now, Mac might paint a different picture to make he and the franchise look better but I'm not saying anything that isn't true.

It amazes me.  

Here you are a knowledgeable poster giving valuable info and folks would rather cling to their delusions of how “things are” as opposed to facing reality. 

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm used to this kind of thing..  my 13 year old and girlfriend overreact and get emotional a lot like you guys..

The difference is once I explain to them what's really going on they tend to calm down.

you have a 13 year old girlfriend?

31 minutes ago, gEYno said:

No idea how aggressive he was or not, but this is what many of us were worried about...

If money was close, why would anyone come here?  There's literally nothing to like about this team, nor be hopeful about right now.

As an aside, what does your source say about the Jets drafting a SS at 6.  What was the thinking?

It infuriates me that society sucks so bad these days, that a Jamal Adams solo gif of him during the dance party vs. Buffalo isnt immediately available upon request on the interwebz and I have to settle for this one:

Image result for jamal adams jets dancing gif

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Don't post here often but for those of you who know me from the other board should remember that I have a solid connection from within our organization. All I will say is this. We were in on a bunch of these guys. We offered Robinson and Cousins more money then they received and we were willing to match any deal on Norwell. All 3 of these guys chose better situations over money. So the blame shouldn't be on Mac for not signing guys. The blame should be on Mac for putting together such a crappy roster that when all things are equal the top players and coaches don't come here.

Post more LJ!!!!

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I think that the Jets have move to number 4 to make it happen.  

I'm just not sure they'll be willing to trade out.  Seems like there are two players (non QB's) in this draft before a relatively big drop-off...Chubb and Barkley. 

I'm just not sure Cleveland or Indy will pass those guys up...It's an impact player league - the guys that make the big plays are the ones you want.  

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Fire everyone.

Draft 4 offensive lineman, starting in Round 1.

Full tank.

Only way to go. We're the new Browns.

The Browns might actually win some games next season. Jets need to win at least one more to avoid taking over for them.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I guess players are just not sophisticated enough to appreciate a long range plan that starts with drafting ILBs and Safeties above all else.

Build from the back and work up to the front?

So, your telling me it was Cousins, Norwell, Robinson, Richburg? Not buying it. Cousins I'm sure of and glad it didn't play out any longer. Norwell is a power run blocker like Carpenter & everything I've been reading says Dennison uses slightly smaller lineman that can move & zone block. While people are lamenting Robinson, I was NEVER on that bandwagon & don't think overpaying WRs will EVER be a good investment. Plus, Robinson is coming off an ACL & sucked the year before, I had him in fantasy & the guy dropped a ton balls, his confidence was shaken too. So far in my mind we missed on Cousins, but I've always said, just draft a QB the in the draft if you miss. Sign CBs, LBs, ect. & draft ALL OFFENSE! 

2 hours ago, LockeJET said:

It's better to have tried and failed, then never to have tried at all?

Macc, the three time winner of the "I Participated as an NFL GM!" Award.

The reason our situation is not the "better situation" is 100% on Macc and Bowles.

So yeah, the blame should be in Macc for our thus far inept 2018 offseason of inactivity and failure.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's better to have tried and failed, then never to have tried at all?

Macc, the three time winner of the "I Participated as an NFL GM!" Award.

By the way, the reason our situation is not the "better situation" is 100% on Macc and Bowles.

So yeah, the blame should be in Macc for our thus far inept 2018 offseason of inactivity and failure.

I thought you have been preaching chill and accept lately?

Archived