All Draft QB Rumor Mill Thread

Gangrene

Just now, C Mart said:

yeah. I guess that's why Ralph wrote: "but don't expect it to happen. It takes two to tango, of course, which makes this scenario a bit far-fetched. But if the Browns really do take Allen then Maccagnan has to at least call Giants GM Dave Gettleman and see what he wants for the pick, right?"

No, his point was the Giants would want more than the Jets could offer - my point is, the Jets shouldn't offer.  If the Giants like Darnold, they're taking him no matter what's offered.  If you're willing to take a QB at 2 then you're unwilling to pass on him.

Any trade the Giants would be accept would be because they have no intention of taking him.  Which is why you don't even offer.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns will pick Darnold

Giants will listen to offers but nothing they cannot refuse and will take Barkley

Jets will make a huge error and take Mayfield

Browns will trade down becasue both Denver and Indy have stated they will trade down if they can.  Thus some team will feel they have to get to 4 to get their QB.  Could be Buffalo, Phins, many teams might make an offer. 

I do not feel that Chubb is such a lead pipe cinch that he has to be taken by the Browns at 4.

Rosen and Allen will go 4 and 5 or in reverse order.  Anothr team will trade up  with Denver to get the last QB.

This sounds about right IMO considering logic, and past history suggest Dorsey likes Allen, and the top guy hired to help with the draft McLoughlan loves Mayfield, have no idea why it took till 6 days before the draft for the genius talking heads to put 2+2 together.

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This sounds about right IMO considering logic, and past history suggest Dorsey likes Allen, and the top guy hired to help with the draft McLoughlan loves Mayfield, have no idea why it took till 6 days before the draft for the genius talking heads to put 2+2 together.

While I really am ok with any of the QBs we are going to pick, I've wanted Baker, and I've really been getting excited about the possibility of that becoming a reality.

This gave me a pit in my stomach

3 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

While I really am ok with any of the QBs we are going to pick, I've wanted Baker, and I've really been getting excited about the possibility of that becoming a reality.

This gave me a pit in my stomach

I firmly believe this draft is going Mayfield, Darnold 1, 2, and I’d more then fine with that as long as the Jets are drafting Rosen, BUT IF the rumors are true that the Jets board is Darnold Mayfield they would be fools to sit on there hands if the Browns are fine with either Mayfield, or Allen one will be there at 3, and trade up to #1 overall to get THE guy on your board, when it comes to QB you don’t let the draft come to you, you go get THE QB.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No, his point was the Giants would want more than the Jets could offer - my point is, the Jets shouldn't offer.  If the Giants like Darnold, they're taking him no matter what's offered.  If you're willing to take a QB at 2 then you're unwilling to pass on him.

Any trade the Giants would be accept would be because they have no intention of taking him.  Which is why you don't even offer.

The logic here is that you're trading up to prevent someone else from doing so. Obviously if the Giants are willing to trade the pick they aren't taking Darnold but the Bills could come in and offer the farm.

Of course, if Barkley is who they really want they might be better off trading with the Jets anyway.

Either way I agree, don't trade up.

Point 1.  Browns wouldn’t draft Saquan Barkley if they had the first 4 picks in this draft.

Point 2.  I have a real hard time believing the Giants would draft Barkley, not as sure as I am that the Browns wouldn’t thou.

Point 3.  If the Giants don’t take Barkley he might fall out of the top 10.

Point 4.  The only 2 teams hot enough to trot for Mayfield in the top 5 are the Jets, and Browns if he isn’t off the board by 3 you can pretty much pencil him in to the Dolphins at 11, or 6 if they trade up with the Colts, and this is the main driving force behind the Mayfield rumors that are coming out of the Mayfield camp nowhere else.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Point 1.  Browns wouldn’t draft Saquan Barkley if they had the first 4 picks in this draft.

Point 2.  I have a real hard time believing the Giants would draft Barkley, not as sure as I am that the Browns wouldn’t thou.

Point 4.  The only 2 teams hot enough to trot for Mayfield in the top 5 are the Jets, and Browns if he isn’t off the board by 3 you can pretty much pencil him in to the Dolphins at 11, or 6 if they trade up with the Colts, and this is the main driving force behind the Mayfield rumors that are coming out of the Mayfield camp nowhere else.

spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
    "there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

This is going to be a painful few days.

I'm also bummed I'm going to have this in the back of my mind while i'm at the Avengers opening Thursday night.

I'm completely going dark on social media from Monday(the opening of Avengers)  until after I come home and watch the draft.

12 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

This is going to be a painful few days.

I'm also bummed I'm going to have this in the back of my mind while i'm at the Avengers opening Thursday night.

I'm completely going dark on social media from Monday(the opening of Avengers)  until after I come home and watch the draft.

But who do you think the Jets will captain america dies draft at 3?

If the Browns take Allen at #1, I’m starting to get the feeling that the Jets are going to end up with Darnold one way or the other.

Possibly call the Giants and offer the same package the Bears gave the 49ers last year to move from #3 to #2 (3rd and 4th this year and a 3rd in 2019).

18 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Despite all of the talk about the Jets' interest in Mayfield, I think he's the backup plan in case Rosen isn't there at #3. Mac always goes with the safe pick in the first round, and Rosen is the safe pick.

Mayfield is pure entertainment tho. Winning is cool, but if you have two prospects rated closely together (and in this draft, there’s three or four), then you have to go with the guy who brings the fan base back to the stadium with his Wiley antics. It’s the secret formula to getting prime time games and favorable calls, because if viewership goes up, the suits are going to make sure our visibility benefits the league. 

Rosen is cool if you want to have an economics debate over a game of fortnight. 

7 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Its the worst kept secret at this point.  Just curious the direction they go with who takes over for him.

You already know it’s going to be The Falcon.

And Thanos needs to kill multiple Avengers, not just Cap.

Dude has been the Big Bad at Marvel for over 30 years now. You can’t tease him in these movies for damn near a decade just for him to finally show up and not wreck the sh*t out of everyone.

31 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Despite all of the talk about the Jets' interest in Mayfield, I think he's the backup plan in case Rosen isn't there at #3. Mac always goes with the safe pick in the first round, and Rosen is the safe pick.

I’d disagree that Macc picks the “safest” guy. He picks the one who will give them the least trouble. That’d be Darnold, who will be gone, and the next guy up would be Allen. It’d take some level of guts to draft either Rosen or Mayfield.

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Rosen.jpg

4 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Mayfield is pure entertainment tho. Winning is cool, but if you have two prospects rated closely together (and in this draft, there’s three or four), then you have to go with the guy who brings the fan base back to the stadium with his Wiley antics. It’s the secret formula to getting prime time games and favorable calls, because if viewership goes up, the suits are going to make sure our visibility benefits the league. 

Rosen is cool if you want to have an economics debate over a game of fortnight. 

Mayfield is a Woody Johnson pick. Rosen is a Mac pick.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’d disagree that Macc picks the “safest” guy. He picks the one who will give them the least trouble. That’d be Darnold, who will be gone, and the next guy up would be Allen. It’d take some level of guts to draft either Rosen or Mayfield.

Passing on Rosen for Mayfield would be a ballsy move. If Woody were around, I'd say that move was all him for the entertainment value. But right now I think there's no way Mac picks him over Rosen.

Taking Darnold is like taking Jamal Adams. He'll appease Mel Kiper, but on the field he'll be mediocre at best.

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Mayfield is a Woody Johnson pick. Rosen is a Mac pick.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Passing on Rosen for Mayfield would be a ballsy move. If Woody were around, I'd say that move was all him for the entertainment value. But right now I think there's no way Mac picks him over Rosen.

Taking Darnold is like taking Jamal Adams. He'll appease Mel Kiper, but on the field he'll be mediocre at best.

Agree with both of these.  Mccagnan would take Rosen, the qb with a higher floor but probably a lower ceiling.  Truth i don’t see what all the hype is about Rosen anyway, his arm is eh, his durability and personality are eh, his mobility is eh.  So what are you getting, an accurate pocket passer whose productivity declines rapidly when he has to improvise.  I’d rather have mayfield, who can win in the pocket and on the run, and can galvanize the team.  

22 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Agree with both of these.  Mccagnan would take Rosen, the qb with a higher floor but probably a lower ceiling.  Truth i don’t see what all the hype is about Rosen anyway, his arm is eh, his durability and personality are eh, his mobility is eh.  So what are you getting, an accurate pocket passer whose productivity declines rapidly when he has to improvise.  I’d rather have mayfield, who can win in the pocket and on the run, and can galvanize the team.  

Rosen is the safe pick. The other three are all risky. 

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I think Rosen will be the worst of the 4.  People want to compare him to a young Peyton but then you have his coach saying he’s nothing like that.  Peyton was all about football.  

Rosen is safe from a technical standpoint but from a physical/personality/leadership standpoint he is the riskiest.  

48 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I don’t agree with you about Darnold, but those days, and subject has been beaten to death between us, and everyone else.

I do agree with you about Rosen, and I don’t get this new knock on him that they think he has already reached his ceiling even thou his floor is the lowest of the 4, dude literally just turned 21 years old how can anyone say something like that, and believe it?  Those same thoughts are why a guy like Tom Brady didn’t get a sniff till rd 6, but a guy like Ryan Tannehill got his balls licked from a developmental prospect to top half 1st round pick, Rosen has been performing since he was a Freshman, and so they think well that’s what he is, but that’s not good enough because even thou a guy like Josh Allen has never performed his potential to be the next/first Big Ben meets Russell Wilson, yet when you turn on his tape he pisses himself the minute the chaos starts, while the Ben’s, and Wilson’s of the world are successful mostly because they don’t piss themselves when the Chaos starts they thrive, their other talents just make them that much better, but without the ability to play through the chaos their other physical talents would be useless.  Rosen can play, and IMO his tape shows he is the most calm, and most willing to play in the chaos of all the QB’s, and this he already reached his ceiling stuff is the dumbest sh*t I ever heard.

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I don’t agree with you about Darnold, but those days, and subject has been beaten to death between us, and everyone else.

I do agree with you about Rosen, and I don’t get this new knock on him that they think he has already reached his ceiling even thou his floor is the lowest of the 4, dude literally just turned 21 years old how can anyone say something like that, and believe it?  Those same thoughts are why a guy like Tom Brady didn’t get a sniff till rd 6, but a guy like Ryan Tannehill got his balls licked from a developmental prospect to top half 1st round pick, Rosen has been performing since he was a Freshman, and so they think well that’s what he is, but that’s not good enough because even thou a guy like Josh Allen has never performed his potential to be the next/first Big Ben meets Russell Wilson, yet when you turn on his tape he pisses himself the minute the chaos starts, while the Ben’s, and Wilson’s of the world are successful mostly because they don’t piss themselves when the Chaos starts they thrive, their other talents just make them that much better, but without the ability to play through the chaos their other physical talents would be useless.  Rosen can play, and IMO his tape shows he is the most calm, and most willing to play in the chaos of all the QB’s, and this he already reached his ceiling stuff is the dumbest sh*t I ever heard.

Couldn't agree more. Great post.

Rosen's injury history scares me a bit, but nothing else about him bothers me. So what if he's an a$$hole? Many of the great QBs are. Favre, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben...they're all pricks. But no one cared because they won.

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Couldn't agree more. Great post.

Rosen's injury history scares me a bit, but nothing else about him bothers me. So what if he's an a$$hole? Many of the great QBs are. Favre, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben...they're all pricks. But no one cared because they won.

Exactly, you want to throw the durability injury reason at me to pass I can’t go crazy disputing that, but that’s it, there is nothing else as a QB not to like.

10 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think Rosen will be the worst of the 4.  People want to compare him to a young Peyton but then you have his coach saying he’s nothing like that.  Peyton was all about football.  

Rosen is safe from a technical standpoint but from a physical/personality/leadership standpoint he is the riskiest.  

When was the last time we had a QB with solid technique.  I'm taking Rosen all day long.  

18 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I know you don't like Mayfield but I don't want him in the AFCE, especially the Dolphins. I would be fine with Mayfield or Rosen. Darnold scares me as he has had one great year and a not so hot 2nd. I do believe he has a high ceiling but after his turnover prone season and some regression that has me concerned. I have been a jet fan for over 40 years and this draft could shape how the AFCE plays out for along time if we don't make the right choice at QB and the Bills and Dolphins do. I don't have faith in some of the prospects but you never know how they will turn out until the hit the field. 

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

When was the last time we had a QB with solid technique.  I'm taking Rosen all day long.  

But that’s just one part of being a good qb.  Besides this i don’t think Rosen offers enough of anything else to make you excited.  Again, he reminds me of Pennington with a stronger arm, which means, an average arm.  

32 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

But that’s just one part of being a good qb.  Besides this i don’t think Rosen offers enough of anything else to make you excited.  Again, he reminds me of Pennington with a stronger arm, which means, an average arm.  

And more injury prone!

Maybe Rosen can win comeback player of the year 3 times and surpass Chad's 2.

43 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Again, he reminds me of Pennington with a stronger arm, which means, an average arm.  

Pennington is the best statistical QB we've ever had, so I'd take an enhanced version of him by all means.

Archived