Jets add Speedy Receiver Jonah Trinnaman

JetNation

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I support Neal Sterling as I've had the opportunity to watch his high school career,college career and now hopefully a long successful NFL career local kid who Id like to see do some good. 

I support your support of Neal Sterling.  I don't support you sh*tting on every other bottom of the roster player that we sign.  

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He wasn't let go by the Chiefs the Jets reclaimed him off the Chiefs practice squad. 

A player has to be released before they are on a practice squad.  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed, we should only sign players that others teams already signed because we know that NFL contracts aren't binding or anything...

At least if other NFL teams signed them we would now they are NFL worthy. 

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I support your support of Neal Sterling.  I don't support you sh*tting on every other bottom of the roster player that we sign. 

I don't give a sh*t what you support or think of my opinions of these scrub players or any players. 

I have my opinions and you yours. 

Mike Maccagnan reaches for players that all the other teams seem to have looked over or never knew about. 

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I don't give a sh*t what you support or think of my opinions of these scrub players or any players. 

Mike Maccagnan reaches for players that all the other teams seem to have looked over or never knew about. 

image.png

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

At least if other NFL teams signed them we would now they are NFL worthy. 

By that logic, we know he's NFL worthy because:

1) He was signed by Arizona

2) He was signed by the Jets

Just say "because I'm a misanthrope" and move on

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Considering you're constantly responding to these posts, I'd say you give plenty of sh*ts about what other people think of your opinion.

It matters to you.

And that's ok, J-dubs.  Humans are relational beings.

11 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Mac signs a fast UDFA WR that nobody else wanted.........yeah that never works out.

signed,

Robby A.

a.k.a. The best WR on the damn roster

Q Enunwa when healthy better and more valuable WR than R Anderson 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Hey Joe willy, just pretend that this guy is washed up from injuries or drugs, you will love him! 

I support and root for any player in a NY Jets uniform even if I don't like them.  

Some of the old washed up guys I wanted on this team were way better than guys who were on the roster.

50 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Why does anyone willingly engage with joewilly12?  Seriously, someone explain this to me...

Because most of us are diehard NY Jets and have been for a longtime and we discuss issues and offer are opinions, agree or disagree we all want the same results. 

14 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

He's talking actual ,production. If you're hurt and on the IR your production kinda falters.

Agreed I’m talking bout eye test.   When R Anderson makes a catch over the middle getting hit in a 3rd and 8 and doesn’t lose the ball I’ll be impressed 

You sign and take shots on UDFA projects like this, not draft them in the 2nd round like Stephen Hill and other mistakes under past regimes. So lets see what this kid can do, we have been needing a quality KR and PR for some time now since Leon Washington & Brad Smith

So far the only pick that has really pissed me off in Mac's tenure was Hackenberg. Everyone knew he was a bum. Other than that he has done a bang up job. I do not blame him on Devin Smith. Not Mac's fault the dude blew his knee out twice

Not to try to be on-topic or anything, but the article someone posted had 2 people, including his coach, saying that they thought he would be converting to cornerback...

“He is a guy that I thought could play cornerback [in the NFL] easily,” Sitake said. “I tried moving him a couple of times. I think he belongs in the NFL. "

Relax people FFS. If he doesn’t workout big ******* deal it didn’t cost anything. If it does ******* awesome it didn’t cost hardly anything. His contract will be a joke. 

There’s a chance that guys with track speed like him might become valuable with the new kickoff rules. 

3 hours ago, thshadow said:

Not to try to be on-topic or anything, but the article someone posted had 2 people, including his coach, saying that they thought he would be converting to cornerback...

“He is a guy that I thought could play cornerback [in the NFL] easily,” Sitake said. “I tried moving him a couple of times. I think he belongs in the NFL. "

now I know why macc took a shot at him.  :)

6 hours ago, thshadow said:

What does his coach mean by he tried to move him a couple of times? Like did the coach forget to do it so it never happened? Or did he not look good playing corner? That’s got to be the most convaluded praise of player in history.

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Similar to how he reached for Neil Sterling or nah?

13 hours ago, Titan24 said:

Q Enunwa when healthy better and more valuable WR than R Anderson 

That hasnt been proven at all yet... but we will see this year. I dont see how a possession receiver is more important/valuable than a go to receiver that can take the top off the defense. 

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

What does his coach mean by he tried to move him a couple of times? Like did the coach forget to do it so it never happened? Or did he not look good playing corner? That’s got to be the most convaluded praise of player in history.

I don't really get it either TBH.  But in the same article, it also said:

More than 31 scouts representing 26 NFL teams attended the three-hour event, and one who wished to remain anonymous said Trinnaman probably would get a shot to try out at cornerback in an NFL camp. 

So there's definitely a possibility that he was signed to try him at CB.

Maybe they've noticed that he *can't* catch...  :-)

23 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I don't really get it either TBH.  But in the same article, it also said:

More than 31 scouts representing 26 NFL teams attended the three-hour event, and one who wished to remain anonymous said Trinnaman probably would get a shot to try out at cornerback in an NFL camp. 

So there's definitely a possibility that he was signed to try him at CB.

Maybe they've noticed that he *can't* catch...  :-)

Reportedly Green Bay worked him out as a CB last week. 

Not sure why BYU didn't switch him.  Kalani Sitake was the HC. Maybe Trinnaman didn't want to move (altho I would think if the HC wants you to......) or maybe Sitake didn't want his staff to spend the time switching him since he only had 2 yrs of eligibility remaining and was more concerned about winning games?

“He is a guy that I thought could play cornerback [in the NFL] easily,” Sitake said. “I tried moving him a couple of times. I think he belongs in the NFL. Those times show that he’s a guy that could have a place there, and so hopefully he finds a role with a team that loves him and he can shine on Sundays.” 

Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL

Former BYU WR Jonah Trinnaman to work out for NYJ and GB this week. Packers to evaluate him as a corner

3:31 PM - 20 May 2018

Archived