Mehta: Jets’ Adams Will be “Force” in 2018

JetNation

Boy whoever came up with the buzz term "box safety" should get punched right in the face.

Its right up ther with "QB room" or "WR Room" in the super annoying, completely played out crap department.

The "room" stuff is right up there with 8 guys in the "box". Whatever happened to lined up at the LOS? Brett Favre was probably sleeping in the "room"...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I reading some of these right???  Do some of you really actually think this kid is going to be a glorified box safety?  The kid is going to be a stud.  Period.  I'm assuming the people calling him a box safety and this and that never watched him play in college because that's what he's going to be, an all around do it all safety very much worthy of the 6th overall pick.  I would even say to give him 3 years before placing any kind of judgement but I think he'll showcase his full skill set this season.
If he turns out to be Ed Reed the pick is justifiable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 7/19/2018 at 5:08 PM, BurnleyJet said:

It blows my mind we spent 6th overall on a box safety. Then picked another safety in the 2nd.

None premium positions better be All - Pro when picked at 6.

Top 10 picks should be QB, LT, Edge,  Corner, perhaps WR. Not a Safety.

It would be justified if he was Ed Reed, or Troy Polamalu, He's neither. He's an average athlete, with a Big mouth. 

Crow....nom nom nom 

On 7/19/2018 at 6:48 PM, David Harris said:

He's the next Eric Berry.  I honestly think so. 

I'll always consider the opportunity cost of not taking Lattimore there.  Who btw would've saved us $14 million cap savings because we wouldn't need trumaine Johnson.  And I know how nebulous nonsense it sounds but the NYJ really need culture changing guys.  Darnold on offense and Adams on defense are the best shot we've had since Chad Pennington's positivity which had a real impact on this team in a good and tangible way. 

Sam and Jamal can transcend the quagmire of negativity if they play up to their abilities and can bring legitimacy to this franchise.  So I'll take the rah-rah where I can.

Ahhh - what a GENIUS!!!

im not right often so must be a dick about it when I am 

On 7/31/2018 at 1:15 AM, BigO said:

It was less than average. It was pedestrian. He was a #6 pick in the draft. Expectations are high for someone picked so early in the draft. In fact, it’s demanded he produce at an All Pro level or close to it. Did he do that? Far from it.  Burned several times, gave up 8 TD’s, was out of position constantly and looked terrible in coverage. One can only hope he turns the corner but I just don’t see it happening. He and Darron Lee are 2 bad decisions Mac has made that will continue to be falsely exploited as changing the culture of this team. 

Jamal Adams apologizes.  It took him until Year 2 rather than Year 1 to make the Pro Bowl.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:29 AM, Losmeister said:

well, the mowf says he'll never NOT make a pro bowl again. Anyone wanna bet money on that?

say $50 bucks this year?

On 7/20/2018 at 8:41 AM, Fantasy Island said:

I bet he never makes it.   Unless he gets in by an injury to a starter and their alternate and their alternate.

Cha-Ching!  Hey, wait  minute.....who gets the $50?  Maybe Jamal Adams' favorite charity?

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm still not wrong you should take premium picks top 6. The correct pick was Patrick Mahomes.

Yes, and in 2000 NFL draft 198 picks were made before Tom Brady was taken therefore all those picks were unmitigated disasters and every GM should have been fired because I don't know how GMs can't predict the future correctly on EVERY pick. 

Personally, I am very happy with Darnold and while Mahomes is putting up arcade game numbers the jury is still out on who will end up being better. 

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yes, and in 2000 NFL draft 198 picks were made before Tom Brady was taken therefore all those picks were unmitigated disasters and every GM should have been fired because I don't know how GMs can't predict the future correctly on EVERY pick. 

Personally, I am very happy with Darnold and while Mahomes is putting up arcade game numbers the jury is still out on who will end up being better. 

Mahomes was always a top pick, Tom was a nobody who turned into perhaps the Goat. I will say it again, top 6 picks should only be used on premier positions.

QB

Edge Rusher

LT

CB

perhaps WR

If not trade out.

No excuse for the Jets a team with no QB at the time to not pick a QB.

Dont get me wrong I'm happy we have Sam, and Adams is coming around. The bit that blow my mind was he picked Marcus Maye in round 2 also. 

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Mahomes was always a top pick, Tom was a nobody who turned into perhaps the Goat. I will say it again, top 6 picks should only be used on premier positions.

QB

Edge Rusher

LT

CB

perhaps WR

If not trade out.

Dont get me wrong I'm happy we have Sam, and Adams is coming around. The bit that blow my mind was he picked Marcus Maye in round 2 also. 

In hindsight everyone wishes we had picked Mahomes.  Delusional to deny that but he wasn't a slam dunk, he was picked 10th.  Many front offices didn't go for him.  Getting a possible HOF safety isn't exactly a miss, it's a great pick but yes, not the best pick.  We have Darnold now, our first FQB since Namath so I'm forgiving and maybe it all works out for the best.

But yes, I'd much rather have Dalvin Cook or Joe Mixon than Marcus Maye.

11 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm still not wrong you should take premium picks top 6. The correct pick was Patrick Mahomes.

i cant believe we are still on this.

what i wouldnt give to see jets fans reaction to Mahomes throwing one of those left handed falling down passes to Jermaine "why try" Kearse...and then watching it be returned for a TD the other way.

18 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

QB

Edge Rusher

LT

CB

perhaps WR

If not trade out.

https://www.colts.com/audio/12-18-nick-sirianni-quenton-nelson-has-made-a-huge-impact-audio

15 minutes ago, David Harris said:

In hindsight everyone wishes we had picked Mahomes.  Delusional to deny that but he wasn't a slam dunk, he was picked 10th.  Many front offices didn't go for him.  Getting a possible HOF safety isn't exactly a miss, it's a great pick but yes, not the best pick.  We have Darnold now, our first FQB since Namath so I'm forgiving and maybe it all works out for the best.

But yes, I'd much rather have Dalvin Cook or Joe Mixon than Marcus Maye.

When we was on the clock in round 2. I was 100% convinced we was about to pick Dalvin Cook. 

I was like "What!!! - Another Saftey!".

11 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I am a big fan of Adams but obviously this is right. I do wonder if Mahomes would be Mahomes as a Jet under Todd Bowles like he is a Chief under Andy Reid. I have my doubts but who knows. That's not an argument to not take him.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I am a big fan of Adams but obviously this is right. I do wonder if Mahomes would be Mahomes as a Jet under Todd Bowles like he is a Chief under Andy Reid. I have my doubts but who knows. That's not an argument to not take him.

Either way he's absolutely a Franchise QB. Your right under the none Offence we run he's not putting up those numbers.

Dont get my wrong, I like Adams and I'm happy he's a Jet. It more that we had no QB and picked a Stong Safety at 6, with two QB's still on the board.

My point is I don't think Macc had or has a clue what he's doing. 

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Either way he's absolutely a Franchise QB. Your right under the none Offence we run he's not putting up those numbers.

Dont get my wrong, I like Adams and I'm happy he's a Jet. It more that we had no QB and picked a Stong Safety at 6, with two QB's still on the board.

My point is I don't think Macc had or has a clue what he's doing. 

Well they say it’s better to be lucky than good and if you and others opinions of him are correct he has gotten lucky a lot

Archived