Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Perhaps, but why leave the green stripes on them?  And why Tweet the term "makeover".

SAR I

Leaving green sounds more likely?  And even so, how does that give anything away if the helmets primary color is changed and the stripes remain? 

9 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Lol... nothing new

In fairness it's hard to come up with something new after 51 pages of wild guesses, with every color scheme imaginanal discussed and dissected.  Colors worn after the season is as good as looking at the banner colors from an ESPN broadcast or a press conference logo that's been used for years.  Lol, we've dried up every guess

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Perhaps, but why leave the green stripes on them?  And why Tweet the term "makeover".

SAR I

b/c they didn't think about the verbage nearly as much as the folks here.  i would guess though that if they're going to tweak the color scheme as well as redesign the unis the helmets would also see a change, both in logo and stripe.  the 2 stripes are part of the old school and i'm guessing the new helmets won't have any stripes.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I just did an hours worth of research on Riddell's reconditioning process and if the Jets were getting new colored helmets we wouldn't be returning the old ones at all, they'd just be shipping us brand new helmets.

The retention of the stripe decal cinches it.  It's the easiest sticker to remove, no need to leave it in place.

SAR I

We'll find out soon enough.... but if that's all they're doing it doesn't fit with their statement of a Complete Overhaul.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In fairness it's hard to come up with something new after 51 pages of wild guesses, with every color scheme imaginanal discussed and dissected.  Colors worn after the season is as good as looking at the banner colors from an ESPN broadcast or a press conference logo that's been used for years.  Lol, we've dried up every guess

ok, last one from me.  Do these go with Jamal's new kicks??

Seattle_Seahawks_2009_players.jpg

• Upvote 1

Something I am thinking.....

If we are going to have new uniforms and have been announcing it for a year. To me, and this is my opinion, but......

We would probably want to "show" them before the draft so that at the draft we have the new jersey on stage and fans at the drat could have the "new look". I would guess the uniform announcement would come after the combine and maybe right at the league new year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

If we are going to have new uniforms and have been announcing it for a year. To me, and this is my opinion, but......

We would probably want to "show" them before the draft so that at the draft we have the new jersey on stage and fans at the drat could have the "new look". I would guess the uniform announcement would come after the combine and maybe right at the league new year.

Yeah I would think so.  

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

They will be revealed before the draft.  The last time we unveiled new unis in 1998 they did it in February.  My guess is they will be unveiled in Feb or March but definitely before the draft

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

If I remember, my mind is getting old, the league rule is they can't be announced until sometime in April so it could fit the rule

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If I remember, my mind is getting old, the league rule is they can't be announced until sometime in April so it could fit the rule

I thought it just had to be the league new year, which I'm pretty sure is first part of March.. either way that is the range. I suppose it would all depend on what the league rule is based on the amount of notice we give that a change is on the way.

39 minutes ago, prime21 said:

It's around the 20:30 mark, but honestly its nothing really. EA just says that:

"Jamal Adams "the King of Swag" .... I know he's pumped about the new uniforms he knows a bit about style"

"Fans are going to be pleasantly, I don't know if surprised is the right word, but fans are going to be very happy when the see these"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

"Jamal Adams "the King of Swag" .... I know he's pumped about the new uniforms he knows a bit about style"

"Fans are going to be pleasantly, I don't know if surprised is the right word, but fans are going to be very happy when the see these"

He said Jamal was the King of Swag on the current roster but that Joe Namath was the King of Swag.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

they've only talked about the uniforms - does that mean there will be a new helmet logo or is that just hypothesis?

34 minutes ago, Stark said:

Tip-off that it's derivative of the 80's logo/wordmark???  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The decals of the team emblem can be sold. Either put on a cheap helmet or in some sort of team oriented tchotchkee. Fans will pay a premium for a supposed game worn helmet decal. The stripes are freaking worthless. It is just a green stripe. Why bother taking it off. They can not be re-purposed. Let the guy at the refurbishing place remove them.

NFL teams do not have their players wear the same helmet shells from year to year. There is a new model of helmet, including the shell, every season. IT is how the helmet companies make money. 

The tweet is to keep interest in the new uniforms at their peak.  Clever, despite the fact that it is misleading.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe just take a break from the uniform thread, champ.

Your stance is very clear.  You don't care what they wear if they win.  You've only posted it 50 times now in this thread 

Ok dude/dudette and others keep posting the same pictures of uniforms over and over and the discussion continues.....after all this is a message board where discussions take place. 

I do care what we wear I don't want the team looking like a bunch of clowns in a circus. 

Show me the 50 times.......