***OFFICIAL JETS GAME DAY ASCENSION OF DARNOLD THREAD GET UP***

T0mShane

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Shell has had some injuries and missed time last year. Beachum AMAZED us that he lasted the season - recall Jax cut bait w/him b/c of injuries after promising start w/Pitt. Qualve has ALSO had his fits with injuries. Losing Iljana - a VETERAN SWING OT - is a HUGE blow to our already weak OLine depth. 

I've seen it before in 2003, 2007, 2011, and 2012. I hope NOT to see it repeat itself in 2018.

You ok? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

I agree 100% w/your position as it is mine. Sarcasm is impossible on the Internet. ?

I do have a nice present for myself, regarding kicks, on its way for opening day & The New ERA. ?

Well i’m superstitious, so I hope it brings us new found luck.

go jets!

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Thor was actually a redhead so I'll give Sam that but Sam has to lay a half dozen goddesses just as an opener and don't disrespect mjolnir it's just ignorant

Does Thor have a grandfather named "Dick Hammer"?

Just sayin'.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

No  the guy dressed and on the bench is depth 

The guy in street clothes is not the guy to worry about 

Ijalana, for as crappy as he looked, seemed to be higher on the depth chart, as a swing tackle, than you seem to be suggesting.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ijalana, for as crappy as he looked, seemed to be higher on the depth chart, as a swing tackle, than you seem to be suggesting.

There is 1 swing tackle that dresses on game day and that is Qvale 

All I'm saying is losing ijalana is not the end of their depth and let's not get too hysterical 

36 minutes ago, Larz said:

There is 1 swing tackle that dresses on game day and that is Qvale 

All I'm saying is losing ijalana is not the end of their depth and let's not get too hysterical  

Well, it's not just Ijalana's injury alone. Beachum and Winters are both injured enough to not play in preseason, and there are valid concerns on how well they can hold up during the season. This, on a team with very little quality depth, ANY injuries along the Oline that is gonna protect the future of this franchise should be concerning.

If your Oline is strong and has good depth, then an injury to Ben Ijalana isn't a big deal; but it's not, and we don't.

Side note, I liked what I saw from Ben Braden during the first game. Perhaps he could be some quality depth, or future starting material for us.

Just now, nycdan said:

Maybe because they didn't have these back in the day?  

GovtWarningSign.jpg

My mom certainly drank wine when she was pregnant with me and look...I became a Mets/Jets/Knicks fan.  Brutal!

Wow that is just awful. I feel for you.

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, it's not just Ijalana's injury alone. Beachum and Winters are both injured enough to not play in preseason, and there are valid concerns on how well they can hold up during the season. This, on a team with very little quality depth, ANY injuries along the Oline that is gonna protect the future of this franchise should be concerning.

If your Oline is strong and has good depth, then an injury to Ben Ijalana isn't a big deal; but it's not, and we don't.

Side note, I liked what I saw from Ben Braden during the first game. Perhaps he could be some quality depth, or future starting material for us.

I agree the overall situation is not good but it's survivable 

Macc may need to swing a trade 

Archived