the fitz saga continues

rangerous

and winston didn't even have to get busted up by a team mate.

Bucs begin taking sides on Ryan Fitzpatrick or Jameis Winston

September 18, 2018 | 12:00pm

Jameis Winston hasn’t been Wally Pipp’d yet. But DeSean Jackson thinks he should be.

The Buccaneers receiver believes Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has led Tampa Bay to a surprising 2-0 start, should remain the starter when Winston returns from his three-game suspension.

“He’s been playing on fire right now,” Jackson said on NFL Network on Monday. “With the way the team is rallying behind him and just playing lights-out football, you have to kind of honor it. You know what I’m saying? You can’t take the hot man out. You got the hot fire right now. It’s like ‘NBA Jam.’ We used to play ‘NBA Jam’ — whoever’s got that hot fire shot, you got to keep shooting, man.”

It’s hard to argue with Jackson. The 35-year-old Fitzpatrick has thrown for 819 yards in two weeks, the most in the NFL. He’s completing an absurd 78 percent of his passes and has produced nine touchdowns, eight through the air. His 151.5 rating is also the best in the sport. He just torched the defending Super Bowl champion Eagles.

“Well, I mean his numbers are off the charts. I guess how would you expect them — everybody — to respond? Of course, everybody’s responded well,” Bucs coach Dirk Koetter told reporters Monday. “Our team’s playing well. Our team’s doing something that not many thought they could. We have a good locker room. Our guys believe in each other right now. Any player that’s playing well — he’s backing it up with his play — you get what you deserve.”

Koetter refused to touch the potential quarterback controversy, preferring to focus on the immediate future rather than the potential distraction ahead. But Jackson believes he knows what Koetter is thinking.

“It’s not my decision, but I’m sure Dirk and [offensive coordinator Todd] Monken and the guys that make those calls, they’ll make sure they stay on fire until that fire is out,” the veteran wideout said.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TB is in an awful situation, because Fitzpatrick's career tells you what he's doing
will not last.  And Winston has not progressed/matured like you would've expected
from a #1 overall pick.  On top of that they have to decide whether they will open
up their checkbook and commit to Winston long term 

I have 2 theories.

Either Fitzmagic is an otherworldly being that joins NFL teams that are going forward making horrible mistakes at QB and his job is to push these franchises out of their rut of misplaced trust and mismanagement. 

-or-

As a Harvard grad, Fitztragic has some advanced stats that let him know which team will allow him to succeed and restart the cycle. He targets his signings that way to maximize his bursts of good play into contract extensions.

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It is hilarious how that fitzmagic cycle meme is 100% totally accurate.

Dude comes across as a fun guy, but he’s 100% divisive and if he were black he’d be treated like a Dez Bryant ‘locker room cancer’.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Dude comes across as a fun guy, but he’s 100% divisive and if he were black he’d be treated like a Dez Bryant ‘locker room cancer’.

Correct. Idk what it is about him but veteran receivers and veteran players fall in love with him and he has no problem leading them as a false idol.

20 minutes ago, KRL said:

TB is in an awful situation, because Fitzpatrick's career tells you what he's doing
will not last.  And Winston has not progressed/matured like you would've expected
from a #1 overall pick.  On top of that they have to decide whether they will open

And fitzmagic will put them out of position for a good draft pick to maybe take a QB. 

I would trade Winston. He’s not gonna win anything. 

Correct. Idk what it is about him but veteran receivers and veteran players fall in love with him and he has no problem leading them as a false idol.
They will fall in love with anyone who makes their stat lines look good so they can continue getting paid. You don't think if fitz was throwing for 100 yards and not hitting guys for long receptions this would even be a thing? He comes in busts his butt and has been playing football better than 90 percent of qbs right now.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

29 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

LOL wtf is this?

Truth bomb.

25 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He starts mutinies again team leadership.

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Oh goodie, lets make this thing that has nothing to do with race about race. What fun it will be!

Only bigots get uppity when you draw a comparison between how the two races would be viewed I. Similar circumstances.

Same reason I could get pulled over this morning and crack a joke to the cop, then get off with a warning. 

I just did and I should have before week 2 I just wanted to see if it was legit

Told my buddy, a big Bucs fan, you could go 11-5 with Fitz this year. Get knocked out in the first round of play offs. Then Fitz holds out and they pay him a ton of money and guarantee the Buc’s go 5-11 the next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Truth bomb.

He starts mutinies again team leadership.

Only bigots get uppity when you draw a comparison between how the two races would be viewed I. Similar circumstances.

Same reason I could get pulled over this morning and crack a joke to the cop, then get off with a warning

You sound like a hysterical liberal social justice warrior with mental problems who probably wears a pussy hat. Aside from that you seem cool though.

How many years has he been in the league? 14.

How many Playoff wins? 0. 

How many Playoff appearances? 0. 

Career losing record of? 50-70.  

Career losing percentage of? .416%.

But yet he's now being sucked off by Jet fans because of a "whopping" two games? Absolutely pahetic and should be ashamed of yourselves. 

The real Ryan Fitzpatrick is the same sh*tztragic who Jet fans witnessed crap the bed againt Buffalo during week 17 of our 2015 season followed by being the real sh*tztragic throughout all of 2016. 

The guy is a career loser. Always has been. Still is one. And always will be; a loser. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, I just made a comparison about race. Now you’re making personal attacks within the context of politics. 

Talking about race =/= politics. 

You called me a bigot because I mocked your ridiculous assertion that Fitz would be demonized if he were black. Both parts of that are ridiculous. Pretty sure that's where the personal attacks started.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You called me a bigot because I mocked your ridiculous assertion that Fitz would be demonized if he were black. Both parts of that are ridiculous. Pretty sure that's where the personal attacks started.

Wrong. I said “only bigots...”

If you took it personal, it’s because you self-identify as a bigot. I did not call you anything.

Like I said, you are bad at this.

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How many years has he been in the league? 14.

How many Playoff wins? 0. 

How many Playoff appearances? 0. 

Career losing record of? 50-70.  

Career losing percentage of? .416%.

But yet he's now being sucked off by Jet fans because of a "whopping" two games? Absolutely pahetic and should be ashamed of yourselves. 

The real Ryan Fitzpatrick is the same sh*tztragic who Jet fans witnessed crap the bed againt Buffalo during week 17 of our 2015 season followed by being the real sh*tztragic throughout all of 2016. 

The guy is a career loser. Always has been. Still is one. And always will be; a loser. 

So many words to state what we all know. Amazing.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Fitz is what he is. He’s a capable starter when surrounded with good players. When the stars align he can play at a high level. Vinny, Cunningham, Gannon all had career years in their mid 30’s so it’s not totally unprecedented.

Archived