the fitz saga continues

rangerous

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, August said:

When Winston returns you give him the job back. Not right away but after 2 or 3 games. Fitzpatrick did his job as the backup but playing Fitzpatrick doesn’t accomplish anything long term. 

I think Tampa wants to get out of the Jameis thing and Fitz playing well allows them to do that.

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think Tampa wants to get out of the Jameis thing and Fitz plaint well allows them to do that.

That may be the case but this is a team that hasn’t had a real franchise quarterback in its history. Jamesis is already their best quarterback in franchise history why give up on him so soon, it isn’t like he sucks. 

Never understood the Fitz hate. He had one bad year here. But also one great year. He's a cool guy that was a team player. Blame coaches for keeping him in. But don't hate him.

Also, what's with all the race stuff? I think he'd be treated the same if he was black. As far as getting warnings when you get pulled over, that has not been my experience at all. Now, pretty women getting warnings? Definitely a thing. Halo Effect.

7 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Never understood the Fitz hate. He had one bad year here. But also one great year. He's a cool guy that was a team player. Blame coaches for keeping him in. But don't hate him.

Also, what's with all the race stuff? I think he'd be treated the same if he was black. As far as getting warnings when you get pulled over, that has not been my experience at all. Now, pretty women getting warnings? Definitely a thing. Halo Effect.

After all the BS that offseason and the annoying ongoing “Will he sign!?” We payed him money to play good and he didn’t. We are fans. It’s okay to feel how we feel.

8 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Great person great teammate the dude just sucks at QB and chokes all the damn time when you need him to win most. 

The Jets WASTED 2 years with this guy. 

10 minutes ago, August said:

That may be the case but this is a team that hasn’t had a real franchise quarterback in its history. Jamesis is already their best quarterback in franchise history why give up on him so soon, it isn’t like he sucks. 

He does kinda suck. He’s had Desean Jackson and Mike Evans and has accomplished nothing.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How many years has he been in the league? 14.

How many Playoff wins? 0. 

How many Playoff appearances? 0. 

Career losing record of? 50-70.  

Career losing percentage of? .416%.

But yet he's now being sucked off by Jet fans because of a "whopping" two games? Absolutely pahetic and should be ashamed of yourselves. 

The real Ryan Fitzpatrick is the same sh*tztragic who Jet fans witnessed crap the bed againt Buffalo during week 17 of our 2015 season followed by being the real sh*tztragic throughout all of 2016. 

The guy is a career loser. Always has been. Still is one. And always will be; a loser. 

DeSean Jackson and Dick Koetter are Jets fans? That is absolutely pathetic and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I live in Sarasota.  Listen to Tampa Bay sports radio.  The "Fitzmagic" fever here is at full pitch.   "The best time ever to be a Tampa Bay sports fan!" is the saying of the week.  Bucs, Lightning, and Rays.  Very few, if any, want the Bucs to hand the ball back to Jameis.  They want to ride the hot hand.  Jets and Bills fans down here have been chiming in periodically... telling the locals how streaky he is.  They hear it, but most arent really listening.  Or are listening but most don't really hear it.  Never sure which. 

When Fitz plays 3 crappy games in a row... they'll go back to Jameis.

But yet he's now being sucked off by Jet fans because of a "whopping" two games? Absolutely pahetic and should be ashamed of yourselves. 
The real Ryan Fitzpatrick is the same sh*tztragic who Jet fans witnessed crap the bed againt Buffalo during week 17 of our 2015 season followed by being the real sh*tztragic throughout all of 2016. 
The guy is a career loser. Always has been. Still is one. And always will be; a loser. 
Fitz is what he is, I don't see any reason to put him down. No one thought he would come in and even play football for us we brought him in to warm our benches and when called upon he have us everything he had. Sure he might have been part of us not making the play offs...we might not have been sniffing those playoffs without him though. The guy came to a crappy rebuding team through trade not choice and he made the best of it providing us with an almost watchable season which otherwise may have ended tragically.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

If you sh*t the bed with the playoffs on the line, I wouldn’t exactly call it “a great year”
but I guess some Jet fans are just conditioned to losing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

If you sh*t the bed with the playoffs on the line, I wouldn’t exactly call it “a great year”
but I guess some Jet fans are just conditioned to losing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It wasn't great, he put up great numbers with 2 WRs doing all the work against a creampuff sched but when we needed him most he disappeared.  

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Quick quiz time.  What player has the record for most touchdown passes in a year by a jets Qb in their history?

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

If you understood what I was saying, it would be...... But you don't, so.....

cue Integrity28 with a buttfumble    3.....2......1......

Says the thin-skinned guy butt fumbling all my posts. LOL, you’re so easily triggered it’s great

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Dude comes across as a fun guy, but he’s 100% divisive and if he were black he’d be treated like a Dez Bryant ‘locker room cancer’.

But what if he was Asian?

:blink:

I mean really, a guy throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs every game would be considered divisive just because he's black?  lol  This makes no sense.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

But what if he was Asian?

:blink:

I mean really, a guy throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs every game would be considered divisive just because he's black?  lol  This makes no sense.

You’re smarter than this response. I’m ckearly talking about his history fracturing the locker room from the leadership. He did it here, big time. 

The gravy in this thread is that you can click on any of my posts and get a snapshot of who the thin-skinned racists are just by butt/neg rep. It’s fantastic.

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I have 2 theories.

Either Fitzmagic is an otherworldly being that joins NFL teams that are going forward making horrible mistakes at QB and his job is to push these franchises out of their rut of misplaced trust and mismanagement. 

-or-

As a Harvard grad, Fitztragic has some advanced stats that let him know which team will allow him to succeed and restart the cycle. He targets his signings that way to maximize his bursts of good play into contract extensions.

Fitzpatrick's secret is that he doesnt give a ****, so he has no fear. He doesn't  worry about ball Security,  turnovers, or job security. So he just throws bombs  to Jackson, or toss ups to Brandon Marshall,  Mike Evans,  or whoever hes playing with  in any given year. He makes throws that any other QB wouldn't make, because they're worried about job security. It always catches defenses off guard...until it doesn't and those "ballsy" deep throws and toss ups turn into bad picks. Its his pattern. Its like Defenses have institutional amnesia and have to remember, "Oh yeah. Its FitzMagic....dudes gonna just throw it without worrying about repercussions....better go to Cover 2 and pick the sh*t out of him".

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I live in Sarasota.  Listen to Tampa Bay sports radio.  The "Fitzmagic" fever here is at full pitch.   "The best time ever to be a Tampa Bay sports fan!" is the saying of the week.  Bucs, Lightning, and Rays.  Very few, if any, want the Bucs to hand the ball back to Jameis.  They want to ride the hot hand.  Jets and Bills fans down here have been chiming in periodically... telling the locals how streaky he is.  They hear it, but most arent really listening.  Or are listening but most don't really hear it.  Never sure which. 

When Fitz plays 3 crappy games in a row... they'll go back to Jameis.

And that's exactly what they should do, but maybe sooner.  No sane coach would pull the QB with the best QBR in the NFL out of the starting lineup.  You not only start fielding an inferior team but you upset the apple cart of a team that has good chemistry and is winning.  He'd lose the locker room IMO.  You keep starting Fitz until the magic inevitably disappears during a 3 INT first half sometime in the middle of the season.  When he falters then you go to Jameis and see how he does.  At that point you've shown you'll play the "hot hand."

Fitz is great....I really like the guy, but for a Harvard grad he can't spell the word "consistency."  He's as streaky as they come.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re smarter than this response. I’m ckearly talking about his history fracturing the locker room from the leadership. He did it here, big time. 

The gravy in this thread is that you can click on any of my posts and get a snapshot of who the thin-skinned racists are just by butt/neg rep. It’s fantastic.

To be fair, I haven't neg repped or butt fumbled any of your posts, man.  I was obviously confused by the infusion of race into a conversation about the enigmatic Ryan Fitzpatrick.  It just seemed like a square peg being forced into a round hole.

If playing well and getting the support of teammates like Desean Jackson (WR, male, African-American) is considered fracturing a locker room then bring on the fractures!  They should ride Harvard boy until he flops.  Nothing would be worse than pulling a successful QB and then watching Jameis struggle and get boo'd off the field.  Just take the Fitzmagic train to some more wins, wait for his inevitable flop during some game against a good defense, then the Bucs can more easily throw Winston back in there as a savior.  JMHO.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Says the thin-skinned guy butt fumbling all my posts. LOL, you’re so easily triggered it’s great

LOL, says the kid who grew up a rich white kid now feels bad because his parents were such bad people, listened to an Eminem song once and throws around the world triggered...

1qc9pr.jpg

47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

To be fair, I haven't neg repped or butt fumbled any of your posts, man.  I was obviously confused by the infusion of race into a conversation about the enigmatic Ryan Fitzpatrick.  It just seemed like a square peg being forced into a round hole.

If playing well and getting the support of teammates like Desean Jackson (WR, male, African-American) is considered fracturing a locker room then bring on the fractures!  They should ride Harvard boy until he flops.  Nothing would be worse than pulling a successful QB and then watching Jameis struggle and get boo'd off the field.  Just take the Fitzmagic train to some more wins, wait for his inevitable flop during some game against a good defense, then the Bucs can more easily throw Winston back in there as a savior.  JMHO.

Wasn’t talking about you. Was talking to you. ;)

46 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

LOL, says the kid who grew up a rich white kid now feels bad because his parents were such bad people, listened to an Eminem song once and throws around the world triggered...

1qc9pr.jpg

you sound like you’re projecting.

all I did was make a comparison, then you and then rest of the aryan nation went nutso. Predictably like moths to a flame... carrying on with racial/political rhetoric because just saying ‘I don’t see the comparison’ wouldn’t provide the outlet for your personality disorder

I know what you're thinking. He'll play lights out until the last game and then choke. And the Bucs will be eliminated from the playoffs. But they'll give him something like 15 mil for 2020 and he'll start throwing multiple picks. But it's not easy to get a diva like Desean Jackson to be on your side. You have to think long term seriously they'll go back to Jameis. 

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

This thread is getting a bit out of control

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Tell them to put away the tiki torches and thin-skin, and I’ll stop taunting them. My comment was harmless, agree with it or not. Didn’t warrant the trail of tears from these goons.

Archived