How To You Rate The Oline

New York Mick

Rate The Oline  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Rate The Oline

They're below average. Mostly because they're inconsistent and undisciplined. Many folks look at stats and expect that the "middle of the pack" ranking tells the whole story. Well, stats generally dont account for the pre-snap penalties that have literally killed drives for Sam Darnold and the offense. Perfect example? Many folks talk about the strip fumble by Robby Anderson against the Browns deep in their own territory, however, look at that drive and see how it began. Robby Anderson has gotten killed for this mistake, and rightfully so, yet no one remembers the 2 pre-snap penalties that backed them up and negated a nice Powell run. 

This offensive line is below average. Anyone saying anything different are just looking at stats and not the game and how that Oline has negatively impacted games before the ball is even snapped. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

They're below average. Mostly because they're inconsistent and undisciplined. Many folks look at stats and expect that the ranking tells the whole story. Well, stats generally dont account for the pre-snap penalties that have literally killed drives for Sam Darnold and the offense. Perfect example? Many folks talk about the strip fumble by Robby Anderson against the Browns deep in their own territory, however, look at that drive and see how it began. 

This offensive line is below average. Anyone saying anything different are just looking at stats and not the game and how that Oline has negatively impacted games before the ball is even snapped. 

Just comparing line play this season Jets are definitely not top 10 that said I don’t believe they are bottom 10 at this point of the season. So average now if we are talking about top 10 they have a long way to go to even be considered for discussion.

They're below average. They get pushed back in the center on passing downs, get beaten off the edge, and get minimal push on rushes... But not to a point that's comical, yet. There have been some plays where Sam has had time, others when they've managed to set an edge to get a RB on the outside... Also a couple screen passes where the guards managed to sort of get ahead of the play and help a tiny bit. I'll give them a little credit there.

It's not the worst line ever, but it isn't good. It's certainly a major weakness that should have been addressed more. 

8 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Just comparing line play this season Jets are definitely not top 10 that said I don’t believe they are bottom 10 at this point of the season. So average now if we are talking about top 10 they have a long way to go to even be considered for discussion.

If you're just comparing their play post snap then sure, I can see your point, though I would still disagree and here's why.

Week 1. Ziggy Ansah was having a good game pressuring the qb until injury. 

Week 2. Robert Quinn destroyed that Oline.

Week 3. Miles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi owned that Oline. 

In otherwords, when the Jets seen quality pass rushers they got owned. The only time they didnt was in week 1 and that was because of Ziggy's shoulder injury and he left the game.

This is a below average group, and that's not even taking into consideration the stupid penalties

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If you're just comparing their play post snap then sure, I can see your point, though I would still disagree and here's why.

Week 1. Ziggy Ansah was having a good game pressuring the qb until injury. 

Week 2. Robert Quinn destroyed that Oline.

Week 3. Miles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi owned that Oline. 

In otherwords, when the Jets seen quality pass rushers they got owned. The only time they didnt was in week 1 and that was because of Ziggy's shoulder injury and he left the game.

This is a below average group, and that's not even taking into consideration the stupid penalties

Just trying to compare this O-line to the other 31 teams this season. For the most part O-lines around the league are poor. Would I say this O-Lines play has been great absolutely not. I do believe there are at least 10 teams that are worse this is why I call them average. If we are talking performance they are not very good. I am just comparing their play to to what’s out there.

2 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Just trying to compare this O-line to the other 31 teams this season. For the most part O-lines around the league are poor. Would I say this O-Lines play has been great absolutely not. I do believe there are at least 10 teams that are worse this is why I call them average. If we are talking performance they are not very good. I am just comparing their play to to what’s out there.

Gotcha. I was talking performance. 

8 minutes ago, kelly said:

if i may,.. on the subj. of our OL  ?.. 

Brian Winters sees Jaguars' approach as 'vanilla,' thinks Jets can have.. 'one of best' lines  |  Q&A     http://s.nj.com/O5XYkXQ 

1 more..

Todd Bowles claims Jets offensive line has been 'steady'         https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/29/todd-bowles-claims-jets-offensive-line-has-been-steady/ via @thejetswire 

On 9/28/2018 at 6:53 PM, Villain The Foe said:

They're below average. Mostly because they're inconsistent and undisciplined. Many folks look at stats and expect that the "middle of the pack" ranking tells the whole story. Well, stats generally dont account for the pre-snap penalties that have literally killed drives for Sam Darnold and the offense. Perfect example? Many folks talk about the strip fumble by Robby Anderson against the Browns deep in their own territory, however, look at that drive and see how it began. Robby Anderson has gotten killed for this mistake, and rightfully so, yet no one remembers the 2 pre-snap penalties that backed them up and negated a nice Powell run. 

So far you have proved me wrong from our previous discussion. Below average OL for sure. Decent run blocking but the pass blocking is disgusting. Shell is okay at best and idk if Beachum is still gimpy but boy...he is awful. The left side of the line is terrible.

Oline is a problem all over 

It seems like all the athletes are on the defensive side 

Shell has been just fine 

Winters and long ok 

Carp is a very large human but he has had some stretches of poor play 

Beachum has been up and down. 

As a whole probably rank them like 23rd 

Archived