This Jets/Vikings game is a MUST WIN. Here's why.

Villain The Foe

The Jets are 3-3 and is currently in 3rd place in the AFC East. 

Teams that go 4-3 have a 49% chance of making the playoffs. 

Teams that go 3-4 have a 17% chance of making the playoffs. 

The Vikings also need this game as they're in a 3-way tie for 1st place, but with tie breakers currently sit in the 3rd position of that tie. Minnesota losing this game would be absolutely devastating given those expectations and certainly what they did at the QB position. 

Tomorrow is a playoff game. The Jets cannot go 3-4 and feel like that 17% even applies to them when they also have the Patriots in their division. If we lose this game this season is most likely over, and before Halloween.

We must win this game. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Tomorrow is a playoff game. 

except the fact that it is absolutely not a playoff game...    carry on

Well, given the fact that the Jets havent seen a playoff game in almost a decade, maybe I was getting a little too excited that the Jets were playing in a game that had some implications outside of next year's draft spot. WTF was I thinking though? 

I should carry on. 

Explain to me again why the win-loss record of this season matters?

Does any Jets fan actually believe they can win a Super Bowl?  How many believe they can win the division without an injury to Brady?  

You guys are setting yourself up to get emotionally burned...

Just watch Sam get better and enjoy that... it's safer.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Does any Jets fan actually believe they can win a Super Bowl?  How many believe they can win the division without an injury to Brady?  

I dont watch football expecting my team to not atleast make the playoffs. The win/loss record matters because you are what your record says you are. 

Does any Jets fan actually believe that they can win a Superbowl? Probably not, but we should atleast expect to make the playoffs. 

The only Jets fans not getting emotionally burned are fans who've been burned to the point that they watch a team with 0 expectations. What's the point of even watchng then?

Im not looking to watch Sam "Get Better". I dont just watch quarterback, I watch Football. If I wanted to watch quarterback I would have just been a Colts fan. 

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

haha such an awful take.

11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

It matters because the entire regime is coming back if they have a good season.

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

It's a must win but if they lose it's a must win the following week.  If they lose again, then they must win the week after. Which would make the next game a must win and most likely the one after that. So we must win!

I see your ground beef and (B) raise you three lamb shanks, persian style...

5KITCHEN-articleLarge.jpg

9 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

It's a must win but if they lose it's a must win the following week.  If they lose again, then they must win the week after. Which would make the next game a must win and most likely the one after that. So we must win!

That's how it goes until you're eliminated from playoff contention, then the games are "must lose" in order to get higher draft position.

See? You're absolutely correct. 

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It matters because the entire regime is coming back if they have a good season.

And that would be unfortunate.  We've been through this.  I am feeling pretty good about Darnold being the right guy.  I am already certain that Bowles is not.

51 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The Vikings also need this game as they're in a 3-way tie for 1st place, but with tie breakers currently sit in the 3rd position of that tie. Minnesota losing this game would be absolutely devastating given those expectations and certainly what they did at the QB position. 

Tomorrow is a playoff game. The Jets cannot go 3-4 and feel like that 17% even applies to them when they also have the Patriots in their division. If we lose this game this season is most likely over, and before Halloween.

We must win this game. 

seriously - i could care less about playoffs this year.

(not to mention you'd be locking in Bowles for extension - who the eff wants that)

This year is about development and not making the same mistakes and building some momentum.

46 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont watch football expecting my team to not atleast make the playoffs. The win/loss record matters because you are what your record says you are. 

Does any Jets fan actually believe that they can win a Superbowl? Probably not, but we should atleast expect to make the playoffs. 

The only Jets fans not getting emotionally burned are fans who've been burned to the point that they watch a team with 0 expectations. What's the point of even watchng then?

Im not looking to watch Sam "Get Better". I dont just watch quarterback, I watch Football. If I wanted to watch quarterback I would have just been a Colts fan. 

I get it.  I know where you're at.  This franchise burned me to the point that I refuse to emotionally attach again until they have a QB in place that is ready to compete for a title.  I think the switch flipped "off" at halftime of the Fitzpatrick 6 pick game against the Chiefs.

The Jets are still intertwined in my DNA.  I spend hours on this site.  The Jets time is coming soon with Sam Darnold... but it ain't here yet.  To emotionally invest in the Vikings game with a mediocre team and a bad coach? Nah...

I root for the Jets to win every week.  I spend too much time and money on them to do otherwise.  

For me tomorrow’s big test is how do they handle success.  We have seen so many times the Jets get us pumped up and then throw up a dud.  Right now the Jets have gotten us excited the past two weeks.  Tomorrow is a big test can they handle that success or do they fall flat on their faces like they have done in the past.  

41 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Tomorrow is going to be a shootout, a close shootout.

I think with Sam continuing his breakout, coupled with our vibrant young team and a home crowd that will be out to get Cousins we will win the close shootout.

Shootouts in gusty wind conditions are not likely.  

How many eagles fans believed they would have won the Superbowl this time last year? How about after they lost wentz. Crazy things can happen I don't expect them but there is a possibility.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

We must win this game. 

You do realize that after the whole MIke Glennon masturbation ordeal.. we take you a lot less seriously. ?

Archived