Rams acquire Donte Fowler

GangGreenDover

Teams will always trade players out of division/conference when possible. You are always at a disadvantage if you are trying to acquire a player that’s in the same conference unless they really suck.

It’s frustrating but is what it is. I can’t fault Mac at all here. Just like with Khalil Mack. It wasn’t happening. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Teams will always trade players out of division/conference when possible. You are always at a disadvantage if you are trying to acquire a player that’s in the same conference unless they really suck.

It’s frustrating but is what it is. I can’t fault Mac at all here. Just like with Khalil Mack. It wasn’t happening. 

Its so darn predictable and expected the NY Jets never get the prize we always get the consolation prize in this instance end of trade deadline we get nothing even when it comes to free agency lately.

Rex Ryan lured free agents here with his charisma and coaching style. 

Who in their right minds would want to play for Todd Bowles these players watch us play and read the paper, this organization is a mess. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Its so darn predictable and expected the NY Jets never get the prize we always get the consolation prize in this instance end of trade deadline we get nothing even when it comes to free agency lately.

Who in their right minds would want to play for Todd Bowles these players watch us play and read the paper, this organization is a mess. 

It was a trade, so the coach wasn't really an issue, was it?

8 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Fowler would have been a nice grab. My guess is that Mac didn't offer a 3rd or we would have him. We are likely picking in the top 10, the Rams are likely picking in the bottom 5; which pick would you take? Same division is one thing, but same conference only matters in the play-offs really.

The real question was did the Rams resign him too? If not, he may just be a Jet next year after all. I wouldn't waste the draft capital for defensive player this year. For a target for Sam or protection for Sam, I would say sure, but for a defensive guy we may sign next year anyway... Fowler is going to a great team and may make a difference in the post season; all he would do here is be misused and possible hurt our draft status.

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Fowler would have been a nice grab. My guess is that Mac didn't offer a 3rd or we would have him. We are likely picking in the top 10, the Rams are likely picking in the bottom 5; which pick would you take? Same division is one thing, but same conference only matters in the play-offs really.

The real question was did the Rams resign him too? If not, he may just be a Jet next year after all. I wouldn't waste the draft capital for defensive player this year. For a target for Sam or protection for Sam, I would say sure, but for a defensive guy we may sign next year anyway... Fowler is going to a great team and may make a difference in the post season; all he would do here is be misused and possible hurt our draft status.

Conference shouldn’t matter as much but it does for some reason. It’s annoying. It’s what happed with the Mack trade. 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Dante Fowler is lawrence taylor to most on this board.  Kind of like mike glennon was joe montana a few years back.

These players suck.  Its great we are not wasting draft capital on these bums.

Kudos to the jets!

JWN we lack a decent pass rush/edge rusher he would have been a drastic improvement to nothing.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JWN we lack a decent pass rush/edge rusher he would have been a drastic improvement to nothing.

Hes a problem off the field, hes not very good on the field and he costs you draft picks.

We are NOT competing this year.  We might not be competitive for another two years.  

Sit tight, be patient and do it right.  

51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dante Fowler is lawrence taylor to most on this board.  Kind of like mike glennon was joe montana a few years back.

These players suck.  Its great we are not wasting draft capital on these bums.

Kudos to the jets!

I agree.

The Jets have 22 players under contract for 2019.

If I am the Jets, before the end of the season I am cutting the washed up veterans who will not be back in 2019 and looting other teams practice squads to start building a roster for next year.

I would also try to extend some players we want back on decent contracts.  Overpay a bit.  

This roster is a disaster, but we don't need to give up draft picks for a team likely picking top 10 in every round for guys like Dante Fowler.  

42 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wait till you see the shape teams like the rams and eagles are in 3 years.  They will suck because they have no long term vision.

Theres a reason bellichek is trading for khalil mack and dante fowler.  

but what? the JETS have long term vision? these teams are innit to winnit...  cos they are gonna be in theplayoffs...  not like our dbag Jets

56 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes a problem off the field, hes not very good on the field and he costs you draft picks.

We are NOT competing this year.  We might not be competitive for another two years.  

Sit tight, be patient and do it right.  

Players like Mack and Fowler solidify any D we have a decent secondary but without a decent pass rush any secondary will be torn apart week after week season after season. 

Theres always next year....................seems to be the NY Jets motto I've been telling myself that for the last 50 years. 

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Players like Mack and Fowler solidify any D we have a decent secondary but without a decent pass rush any secondary will be torn apart week after week season after season. 

Theres always next year....................seems to be the NY Jets motto I've been telling myself that for the last 50 years. 

Hang in there a little longer joe willy.  The bears will not win anything w/ mack.  In this day and age, its ludacris to give up 2 1st round picks for a defensive player.  Terrible move by the bears.

Fowler doesnt solidify anything.  He stinks.  Your basing his value on his draft status.  If his last name was jones and he was taken in the 3rd round, you would not even have a clue who he was.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

You have got to be kidding me....Super Bowl or bust Rams 2018-19. One of the best “rosters” I’ve ever seen in the modern age...if not the best

In addition to the amazing tandem of one of the best DCs of my lifetime (awful HC, but his DC track record is unreal), and a prodigy HC/OC.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

NFL Update‏ @MySportsUpdate

Before trading Teddy Bridgewater to the #Saints, the #Jets offered Bridgewater to the #Jaguars for DE Dante Fowler, but Jacksonville declined, per @JasonLaCanfora.

Wow!

Jacksonville has to be kicking themselves now.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:26 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Wait till you see the shape teams like the rams and eagles are in 3 years.  They will suck because they have no long term vision.

Theres a reason bellichek is trading for khalil mack and dante fowler.  

I remember the Jets going "all in" in 2010-2011, and then watching the rost implode in Rex's final years.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, joewilly12 said:

No accountability to anyone for anything? No pressure to perform? Blasé everything, show up and if we lose, so be it? Make millions? Be famous?

Sign me up.

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Before trading Teddy Bridgewater to the #Saints, the #Jets offered Bridgewater to the #Jaguars for DE Dante Fowler, but Jacksonville declined, per @JasonLaCanfora.

Dante Fowler missed a full team practice in London while he was still with the #Jaguars, per @PSchrags. At that point, Jacksonville decided to make him available for trade and even notified the #Rams about the missed practice. LA still made the deal and got their pass-rusher.

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

sad how pride gets in the way of a good deal - this would have been good for both teams and great for Teddy

1 minute ago, section314 said:

No kidding. Looking forward to seeing them on road today vs. Saints. Surprised not more chatter about that game on the site today.

To me that will be the best or most telling game of the weekend.  The Brady vs. Rodgers matchup tonight is getting all the attention and obviously our Jets playing a divisional game, but Rams-Saints could be be a playoff preview.  I still think the Vikings and Eagles will be dangerous at the end of the year but Rams and Saints are the class of the NFC right now.

Archived