Jamal Adams: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I’m not a loser!!

Patriot Killa

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’re losing as an organization because we draft players at non-premium positions. It’s cool that Adams had a nice day. But he talks like he’s a winner. And everyone else on the team isn’t. If that’s what leadership and elite play looks like, I guess we belong at the NFL basement.

So now his problem is that he talks. You guys say he is playing like Jane and he isn't affecting the W-L column. He was a solid pick and we picked the most important position this year, QB. You clearly don't like Mac, but that has nothing to do with Adams play or talk. He is standing up and stating that he hates loosing and has been playing his butt off. You want to dump on Mac, then dump on other players. Guy is playing great and instead of the fans going, at least this guy cares and way to call out the frustration of loosing, people are jumping all over him. To quote another poster here 'good grief'.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

I watched the entire interview and he is just frustrated. He didn't point blame at anyone or any side of the ball. But I think this is the beginning of Bowles losing the locker room. When that happens, you know its over.

I hope that is true but this would be the third year in a row he lost the locker room.

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

So now his problem is that he talks. You guys say he is playing like Jane and he isn't affecting the W-L column. He was a solid pick and we picked the most important position this year, QB. You clearly don't like Mac, but that has nothing to do with Adams play or talk. He is standing up and stating that he hates loosing and has been playing his butt off. You want to dump on Mac, then dump on other players. Guy is playing great and instead of the fans going, at least this guy cares and way to call out the frustration of loosing, people are jumping all over him. To quote another poster here 'good grief'.

Hate the pick but not the player. Wrong pick from a building standpoint but he is developing nicely and a genuinely good guy that cares about winning and doesn’t quit. You can’t hate him as a player. Hate Mac for making a a bad pick of a non premium position or not trading down. 

9 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Sorry if that sounded like it was directed at you. It wasn’t. My brain is shot at this point. I was speaking generallly about Adams and the feeling on this board. I hated all his talk too, even if he backs it up better now because I hate trash talkers. He has won me over though. 

54 minutes ago, LES said:

Point well taken BUT Macc had squandered picks left and right and passed on taking a QB when this team desperately needed one. Macc needed to find a QB first since Wack had serious question marks. So what does he do? Takes a box safety with the 1st round pick hoping his reach for Wackenberg would pan out. Was a dumb risk to take. To make up for his stupidity, Macc was now forced to trade three 2's to move up and take the best available QB since Wack was a major bust. This alone should have gotten Macc fired.  The repercussions of Macc's horrible drafts have crippled the talent and depth of this team.

LOL @ Wackenberg

17 hours ago, LES said:

Its like people on here need to download Football for Dummies and understand the role of a SAFETY, box or free. Adams a ONE dimensional player.  Safeties, box or free are supposed to be able to COVER. PERIOD. His lack of coverage skills cause a huge liability to this defense.  Opponents use Crossing pattern after crossing pattern after crossing pattern against this defense.  Its Deja vu. Sure he makes a play tackle here and there, knocks down a pass here and there but that is NOT what a great safety is graded on.     

You forgot to mention he's a Pro Bowl player, a Captain and a leader, who holds himself and others accountable. He's far from a problem here, he's the best player on this team by far. This team needs a lot more Jamal Adams' on it, and you need to go back and reread that Football for Dummies thing if this is the type of stuff you're bringing to the table here. 

I believe the frustration is the way they are losing more than the loss itself.  It seems like its always about next year but this time it really is.  I say this as I run to kick the football that Lucy is holding.  We have young talent on the team, money to spend and probably probably another top 10 pick.  Lets pray Darnold is the guy because we're getting really close to kicking that football that Lucy is holding.

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You forgot to mention he's a Pro Bowl player, a Captain and a leader, who holds himself and others accountable. He's far from a problem here, he's the best player on this team by far. This team needs a lot more Jamal Adams' on it, and you need to go back and reread that Football for Dummies thing if this is the type of stuff you're bringing to the table here. 

Pro bowl lol token Jet makes Pro Bowl as a reserve lol . You forgot to mention he's the best cheerleader in football. 

On 11/4/2018 at 5:04 PM, LES said:

Lattimore, Watson, Mahomes all drafted after Adams. You don't draft a box safety that has minimal coverage skills with the #6 pick when, at that point, this team was desperate for a QB and a CB. I rest my case.

Lattimore is too injury prone to be waving that flag. 

"All over the field making plays?"  No.  He is never all over the field making plays.  He makes plays in the back field and within a yard or so of the los.  He almost never makes any plays in the secondary.  He does not create turnovers very often.  He's good in the run game in a passing league.

He does his job as a box safety quite well but that is what he is.   The Jets D gurus bring the guy to line up on the end of the line on many plays, we then get mysteriously gashed by short crossing route.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"All over the field making plays?"  No.  He is never all over the field making plays.  He makes plays in the back field and within a yard or so of the los.  He almost never makes any plays in the secondary.  He does not create turnovers very often.  He's good in the run game in a passing league.

He does his job as a box safety quite well but that is what he is.   The Jets D gurus bring the guy to line up on the end of the line on many plays, we then get mysteriously gashed by short crossing route.

he’s made plays in the passing game too, both at the line (pass deflection that had the chance to be intercepted v miami), and in the secondary. He’s the teams most dynamic player on either side of the ball. He’s not perfect but his presence has to be accounted for by an offense.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:04 PM, LES said:

Lattimore, Watson, Mahomes all drafted after Adams. You don't draft a box safety that has minimal coverage skills with the #6 pick when, at that point, this team was desperate for a QB and a CB. I rest my case.

He looks better than Solomon Thomas, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross, and Hassan Reddick.

I hated the Adams pick as much as anyone, but at least hes a helpful player who would start on 32/32 teams in the league.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Your a good poster. Agree with you sometimes, Sometimes not. What your saying about Adams is just bunk.https://elitesportsny.com/2017/09/26/new-york-jets-jamal-adams-scarier-film-room/

21 minutes ago, Xtina said:

I hope playing for the Jets doesnt ruin his competitive spirit. Darnold isn’t the only player the jets may be ruining 

Then we might as well be a place where players go to get their spirits ruined. Let’s sign and draft *ssholes only and at least take pride in ruining their spirits. Sign Dez, draft malcontents and locker room cancers. We can just be a big filter for the NFL. 

2 hours ago, genot said:

Your a good poster. Agree with you sometimes, Sometimes not. What your saying about Adams is just bunk.https://elitesportsny.com/2017/09/26/new-york-jets-jamal-adams-scarier-film-room/

"Play centerfield? Check. Play deep half? Check. Cover a tight end or back out of the backfield? "

From my viewing of all of the jets games i have seen the above simply does not apply at all.  It's a fable.  All the other stuff, run stuffing and blitzing is correct and fine but the jets are compromising themselves when they bring him down low half the time or more.

Archived